Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Awesome news Sebow! Ask him if he wants to arm wrestle. :pfft:

The pic with this story is awesome , it's Chuck signing Rich's arm that he broke:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19825/rich-franklin-raffling-autographed-ufc-115-arm-cast-for-breast-cancer-research.mma

Rich Franklin raffling autographed UFC 115 arm cast for breast-cancer research

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jul 05, 2010 at 4:25 pm ET

Want a unique piece of mixed-martial-arts memorabilia?

Rich Franklin's Keep it in the Ring Foundation is raffling off the arm cast that the fighter currently is wearing after suffering a broken arm in a UFC 115 main-event win over Chuck Liddell.

The cast will be autographed by both Franklin and Liddell, and proceeds benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure, a charity that supports breast-cancer research.

Raffle tickets are $5 each and available at www.americanfighter.com.

Franklin currently is wearing the pink cast, which was applied after he broke his arm in the first round of the June fight. Despite the broken bone, Franklin knocked out Liddell in the same round to earn the victory. The former champ meets with doctors this week to determine if surgery will be required on the arm.

Once the cast is removed, Franklin will sign it. Liddell already signed it while both fighters were in attendance at The Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale in June. (Those two signatures will be the only ones on the cast.)

In addition to the cast, seven other raffle participants will win prizes. They includes autographed mouthpieces, T-shirts and photos.

Winners will be announced in September.

To purchase raffle tickets and for a complete list of rules, go to www.americanfighter.com.

The benefiting charity, previously known as The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, has raised more than $1.5 billion since its inception in 1982. The charity has a strong relationship with the sports world and annually teams with organizations such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR and the National Football League.

The Keep it in the Ring foundation, founded by Franklin and American Fighter president Jeff Adler, advocates non-violence and builds character in kids through after-school sports, martial-arts and life-skills programs. For more information, go to www.keepitinthering.org.

(Pictured: Rich Franklin and Chuck Liddell)

I always look forward to Rossen's pots fight bligs. Here's a quick qoute.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/UFC-116-Postmortem-Lesnars-Rank-Secured-Leben-Hits-a-Double-25488

Lesnar’s comeback was a fitting end to a night that seemed to be all about will and heart over technique and playing for points. Stephan Bonnar, in danger of dropping four straight, had a palpable desperation he used to finish off Krzysztof Soszynski; Chris Leben, only two weeks removed from a big win, took out a guy above his pay grade in Yoshihiro Akiyama. Everyone bled and everyone was smiling. If that doesn’t sum up the sport of mixed martial arts, I don’t know what would.

toney's was one of my favorite boxers during his prime

dude could do some amazing things in the ring, particularly on defense. he does the shoulder roll defense as well as anyone not named Mayweather, but that will not translate to the cage in any fashion.

if couture is smart, this fight is easy.

i dont even want to think about the reactions of people if Toney wins this fight. i had a hard enough time convincing people Tim Sylvia was not indicative of the talent in MMA after he was ko'd by Mercer :ols:

Edited by StillUnknown

toney's was one of my favorite boxers during his prime

dude could do some amazing things in the ring, particularly on defense. he does the shoulder roll defense as well as anyone not named Mayweather, but that will not translate to the cage in any fashion.

if couture is smart, this fight is easy.:

All points are true, but Toney is dangerous enough with his hands that all he needs is a couple good hits to take this fight. This fight, IMO, has equal opportunity to be horrible or amazing in terms of a show.

All points are true' date=' but Toney is dangerous enough with his hands that all he needs is a couple good hits to take this fight. This fight, IMO, has equal opportunity to be horrible or amazing in terms of a show.[/quote']

I agree. Curious if Couture will go to old faithful and try to dirty box Toney. Obviously the logical thing would be to take Toney down immediately. I'm not that familiar with Toney (never been a huge boxing fan), so I'm curious what kind of power he has in close quarters. I assume that since he was an elite boxer, he's got enough to scare the hair back onto Randy's head, even with his back against the cage.

I agree. Curious if Couture will go to old faithful and try to dirty box Toney. Obviously the logical thing would be to take Toney down immediately. I'm not that familiar with Toney (never been a huge boxing fan), so I'm curious what kind of power he has in close quarters. I assume that since he was an elite boxer, he's got enough to scare the hair back onto Randy's head, even with his back against the cage.

If Randy Couture spends a second on his feet beyond walking to the middle of the cage when the fight starts he will lose. He's got a pretty nice chin for an old guy despite the Liddell losses. Big Nog couldn't knock him out and they traded punches like crazy. The problem is that he's fighting a guy in James Toney who became a champion- a great boxer, which is a pretty elite club. Toney's way past his prime but he still doesn't get KOed in boxing matches and he still frustrates the heck out of good boxers who can't seem to hurt him. Randy has zero chance on his feet. He won't hit Toney with anything flush or clean. Toney has great upstairs/downstairs shots and will hit Randy many times before Couture can even react to the first one.

Having said all that I was never a big Toney fan until late in his career and then it was only because he was still relevant after all those years. The respect came slowly for me because he didn't give it all every time out. So being a huge Couture fan I hope Randy takes care of biz and chokes this old dog out. I just feel like he'd better shoot in first chance he gets and he better not get caught on the way in. Wrestling from start to quick finish.

Okay, MAJOR :applause: to Brock, but why didn't the ref stop the fight? From the highlights, didn't seem like Brock was doing much.

And that Harris KO: Well, Ron Simmons says it best :ols:

B-6CmCaDvkA

Okay, MAJOR :applause: to Brock, but why didn't the ref stop the fight? From the highlights, didn't seem like Brock was doing much.

He was defending himself, he was still blocking a lot of strikes and kicking Carwin back when he could. I could have seen it getting stopped, but I am happy Rosenthal let it go. Some people are saying that if it were a fight in the undercard, it would have been stopped, but I don't know. He was definitely hurt, but he was still working to defend himself.

If Randy Couture spends a second on his feet beyond walking to the middle of the cage when the fight starts he will lose.
I'm not so sure. Toney is 41 and from what I've seen not exactly in the best shape of his life.

The old James Toney:

toney1.jpg

The current James Toney:

James-Toney19.jpg

He may not have the lungs, speed, or power to deal with Randy. You know Randy is going to push him up against the fence and test that cardio by leaning on him.

He was defending himself, he was still blocking a lot of strikes and kicking Carwin back when he could. I could have seen it getting stopped, but I am happy Rosenthal let it go. Some people are saying that if it were a fight in the undercard, it would have been stopped, but I don't know. He was definitely hurt, but he was still working to defend himself.
I don't know; it seems like if that happened in boxing it very well could've been stopped (well, the guy against the ropes, not on the ground obviously :silly: ).

I don't know; it seems like if that happened in boxing it very well could've been stopped (well, the guy against the ropes, not on the ground obviously :silly: ).

Which would be a mistake in either sport. You'll note that Brock was fine, he even stood up and ended the round strongly. The fight should be stopped because a fighter is hurt, unable to defend himself, or after they give up... not because one guy is especially busy.

Which would be a mistake in either sport. You'll note that Brock was fine, he even stood up and ended the round strongly. The fight should be stopped because a fighter is hurt, unable to defend himself, or after they give up... not because one guy is especially busy.

Plus after a while, the strikes from Carwin did not have much on them. The elbows did not look pleasant when they got through, but his punches definitely had lost a lot of steam.