Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Damn can't believe that just happened.

Now all of the top guys in the P4P argument have legitimate losses on their record. Fedor just made a big mistake and jumped into Werdum's guard. I still think that Fedor wins that fight 9 times out of 10.

I wonder who he's going to fight to finish his Strikeforce contract? I think they were pretty sure he'd fight Overeem.

Pretty decent card though. That girl that fought Cyborg is tougher than most guys I've seen. She took a BEATING. That fight should've been stopped in the first.

Not one strike thrown by Werdum, lol. Way to play jiu jitsu with an abu dabi kingpin, Fedor. Guess that's just him, but damn, jump in to his guard? Really? What are you trying to prove? I thought his mindset was that he "imagines the person standing across from him is trying to put his family back in to poverty." Well then win the fight where it's most winnable.

Perhaps, dare I say, the hype kind of got to him a little? It's only natural when people are hunting you down for interviews and documentaries, even when you train in Siberia. "You're the greatest, how does it feel to be the greatest, you're the P4P best ever." Well then, let me just jump in to this octopuses' guard because apparently I'm the man.

If not that, then maybe he's becoming disinterested. He's looking for a challenge within the challenge. He's not beating guys down anymore, he's not putting together methodical ground sessions anymore, it's fish for an overhand right and back to Siberia we go.

These things aren't excuses by any means, but it just seems too foolish to flop in to Werdum's guard. At least throw his legs to the side after he's down and work from there. Perhaps he got too anxious, he wrongfully smelled blood. Whatever it is, I think Fedor beat himself tonight. All the credit to Werdum, that was a beautiful triangle/armbar.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Who's next for Fedor? I think all signs point to Antonio Silva.

And talk about a depressing show. Finney getting mutilated, Shamrock retiring, the best fighter ever taking his first true loss. Think about it, Shamrock's gone and Fedor lost, we're all getting older, lol.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Just got back from watching it, and holy ****. I would have never expected a fedor loss a min in. Kinda stupid for him to jump into guard like that. Cung Le looked very good. And, the thomson/healy fight had a great ending. Good overall card.

Damn, just damn.

Here's what I hope happens. Now that Fedor's camp doesn't have the leverage it used to have, coupled with Dana's incesant **** talking, will force Fedor to take a fight in the UFC and completely destroy the HW division.

still shocked.

btw: was that Le in the movie 'Fighting'??

Yeah it was. I was on wikipedia last night trying to find out who these people were. Funny thing is I think Channing Tatum was actually in the other guy's corner at the show last night.

Damn, just damn.

Here's what I hope happens. Now that Fedor's camp doesn't have the leverage it used to have, coupled with Dana's incesant **** talking, will force Fedor to take a fight in the UFC and completely destroy the HW division.

I've said all along Brock would maul Fedor and honestly i'd give Carwin,Cain V in a few others a good shot at beating him... Lets be real here all of the fighters nowadays are alot more skilled then just 4-5 years ago we can use the excuse that alot of them are getting past thier prime if you want..

I've said all along Brock would maul Fedor and honestly i'd give Carwin,Cain V in a few others a good shot at beating him... Lets be real here all of the fighters nowadays are alot more skilled then just 4-5 years ago we can use the excuse that alot of them are getting past thier prime if you want..

Fedor is getting on in years (fighters' years) as well. At this stage in his career he's an old man. 10+ years in the ring/cage? If any of those fighters were to beat Fedor, they would not be beating "Fedor."

I think it's important to keep in mind that he made a mistake and got caught in a tri by a world-class dude in ground game. Fedor didn't get beat up or KOed or choked out. He committed a tactical error and had to tap. Not the same as being dominated.