Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Lando-

You win the Gauntlet. I present you with this to wear in your sig... This Gauntlet can be passed on to the next man that beats you in a multi-fight sig bet. I'll have to get back in line.

gauntlet.jpg

Meanwhile, I'll either change my sig to your order or continue the pwn3ge of the current. Congrats. At least Rashad made me look respectable. The problem is, I wasn't rooting for Evans. I can't stand him. :(

Edited by Chachie

Why would people stop hating now? His biggest knock is that he's an obvious douchebag and he seemed to try to expand that view of him tonight with that little kiss to the crotch move. Terrible day when this idiot wins. Can't wait for someone to ring his bell and take it away. At least the UFC has gained a good villain for everyone to root again.

x2 i can't stand Rashad wait till he fights Lyoto i hope he clowns him. Rashad is a classless douchebag always has been nothing but a showboater.

Brock is gonna dismantle Mir.

BJ PENN For president :notworthy

x2 i can't stand Rashad wait till he fights Lyoto i hope he clowns him. Rashad is a classless douchebag always has been nothing but a showboater.

Brock is gonna dismantle Mir.

BJ PENN For president :notworthy

if Rashad & Lyoto fight, it may be the first fight in which not a single punch is landed.

2 counterpunchers who almost refuse to initiate the exchanges. Lyoto might be hurt the most by Rashad winning tonight becaust stylistically that is a horrible fight to promote

Rashad vs. Rampage would be a good matchup though

Lando-

You win the Gauntlet. I present you with this to wear in your sig... This Gauntlet can be passed on to the next man that beats you in a multi-fight sig bet. I'll have to get back in line.

gauntlet.jpg

If it's too big I'll get another. Meanwhile, I'll either change my sig to your order or continue the pwn3ge of the current. Congrats. At least Rashad made me look respectable. The problem is, I wasn't rooting for Evans. I can't stand him. :(

I also can't stand Rashad, he's talented but his attitude drives me nuts. I look forward to his matchup with Rampage. I'll shrink the pic down if I have to. I figured I'd lose the Mir fight and pickup Page and Griffin. What a night. And we always bet, it keeps the rivalry strong, however it may be a bit before another gauntlet presents itself.

Time to start looking at the cards

I also can't stand Rashad, he's talented but his attitude drives me nuts. I look forward to his matchup with Rampage. I'll shrink the pic down if I have to. I figured I'd lose the Mir fight and pickup Page and Griffin. What a night. And we always bet, it keeps the rivalry strong, however it may be a bit before another gauntlet presents itself.

Time to start looking at the cards

I shrunk the pic. It's edited in my last post. How about Jackson getting some payback? :) I found myself rooting for him too despite our bet. Sweet hook and gone. Wow.

the year in MMA is not quite over yet. Japan has a huge card coming up in a couple of days:

K-1 DYNAMITE!! 2008: DECEMBER 31, 2008 IN JAPAN

venue: Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan

Fights with MMA Rules:

-Eddie Alvarez (#2 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Shinya Aoki (#3 Lightweight in the World)*

-Joachim Hansen (#4 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Gesias "JZ" Calvancante (#6 Lightweight in the World)*

-Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (#9 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Hong Man Choi

-Semmy Schilt vs. "Mighty" Mo Siliga

-Mark Hunt vs. Jerome LeBanner

-Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Kiyoshi Tamura

-Hideo Tokoro vs. Daisuke Nakamura

-Bob Sapp vs. Akihito Tanaka

-Hayato "Mach" Sakurai vs. Katsuyori Shibata

-Yukio Sakaguchi vs. Andy Ologun

-Alistair Overeem vs. TBA

Fights with K-1 Kickboxing Rules:

-Tatsuya Kawajiri (#5 Lightweight in the World in MMA)* vs. Kozo Takeda

-Gegard Mousasi (#8 Middleweight in the World in MMA)* vs. Musashi

-Artur Kyshenko vs. Yoshihiro Sato

*Based on MMAWeekly.com World MMA Rankings

Greg Jackson's Camp might've overtaken Extreme Couture as #1 camp out there right now

Your probably right about Lyoto with regards to styles but i think his unorthdox style will produce a victory. All Forest had to do tonight was keep it standing he was kicking him to death. I was very surprised though that Forest could'nt prevent damage from guard and stall the round after all they have been hyping his ground game.

Greg Jackson has had the best camp for quite awhile. I'd put Delagradi right up thier with him but he does'nt have has many topnotch fighters.

Your probably right about Lyoto with regards to styles but i think his unorthdox style will produce a victory. All Forest had to do tonight was keep it standing he was kicking him to death. I was very surprised though that Forest could'nt prevent damage from guard and stall the round after all they have been hyping his ground game.

Greg Jackson has had the best camp for quite awhile. I'd put Delagradi right up thier with him but he does'nt have has many topnotch fighters.

i think Lyoto would win as well, i'm just not in a rush to see that fight for free, let alone pay money to watch it.

if rashad doesn't catch the kick, i think it does stay standing. neither fighter once attempted a shot for a takedown, which suprises me a little on Rashad's part. i think those hammerfists once they hit ground had more affect than we realized. forrest has great bjj, but like he said his guard was sloppy because he wasn't all there after taking the initial shots. gotta give credit to Rashad though, a year and half ago that would've been a lay n pray until the the bell sounded. he's a bit ****y, but his game is definitely improving.

his leg is goin to be nice and bruised tomorrow though

Edited by StillUnknown

Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Kiyoshi Tamura

Joachim Hansen vs. Gesias Calvancante

Gegard Mousassi vs. Musashi (I'm going to pick the kickboxer in K1 rules)

Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kozo Takeda (I'm going to pick the kickboxer in K1 rules)

Shinya Aoki vs. Eddie Alvarez

Mark Hunt vs. Jerome Le Banner

Semmy Schilt vs. Mighty Mo

Mirko Filipovic vs. Hong Man Choi

Kinniku Mantaro vs. Bob Sapp (Sapp is fighting a can dressed up as an anime character)

Hayato Sakurai vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Badr Hari vs. Alistair Overeem

Pretty much highlighted fights that seem interesting or have a big name. K1 guys doing MMA, MMA guys doing kickboxing. Dope card but will going to take like 4 hrs to finish.

I was dead wrong about Mir (I was wrong about almost everything really). He looked great tonight.

I think we see Rashad fight the winner of Machida-Silva. Undefeated title fight.

Forrest-Rampage 2 for #1 contender.

Edited by Sebowski

I think that is a mistake. Evenson tapped after that keg kick. His stat sheet should say "submission - leg kick"

All 4 people in my living room swore they saw Dolloway tap when he was in the guillotine choke. The ref didn't see it, CB stopped tapping, got out of it, and went on to win. Does anyone remember when Amir Sodollah beat CB and CB tapped but claimed he didn't?

I smell a rat.

All 4 people in my living room swore they saw Dolloway tap when he was in the guillotine choke. The ref didn't see it, CB stopped tapping, got out of it, and went on to win. Does anyone remember when Amir Sodollah beat CB and CB tapped but claimed he didn't?

I smell a rat.

I saw him tap has well atleast it looked like it maybe someone can find the video of it. He defintely tapped againest Amir and then cried he did'nt.

imagine if that punch after the gesture had ended the fight. lmao

Definitely a douche, that's why I'll never like his punk ass. Everyone in the place boo'd his ass after that dick move. Funny thing is all the people cheering for Rashad were just like him, loud, obnoxious, douchebags. Should have seen the idiots talking **** after the fight running there mouthes about Forrest. This is the crowd the UFC wants though. It is what it is. Rashad and his dick move and Brock with his rodeo act. Good on you UFC, keep bringing in the $. :applause:

The seats were great, especially since they were free. We were right behind Joe R about a quarter of the way up. I couldn't have asked for better seats. I did security for the Silva/Franklin fight last year and was on the floor right by the octagon and it actually kind of sucked due to the camera and media folks being in the way. I liked being up off the floor, good crowd, great fights and a hell of a vibe in the house.

CB is a punk, still can't stand his ass and I like him even less with Bader in his corner. Both of them are the sterotypical douchebag jocks that most of us hated in school.

Rampage fight, why do people boo this guy? He fought an excellent fight! Kind of felt bad for Wandy, ref should have stopped it two punches sooner. Rampage went straight street fight on his ass once Wandy hit the mat. Held him by the throat and unleashed some brutal punches.

Mir, wow! Excellent gameplan, well executed and completely humble in victory. Class act and the type of dude the UFC needs. He did his part and talked smack pre fight but looked like a little kid after the fight, completely overwhelmed and humble. Loved it. Love the way he threw the right elbow and follwed it with the left. You see guys hit the bag like that but you never see it in a fight, text book stand up by Mir. If you watched TUF you heard him keep yelling to his guys 3 punches; Mir constantly threw three punch combos and followed a lot of them with kicks. He was loose and didn't deviate from his gameplan. Wish Forrest would have done the same.

Forrest was hurting Rashad bad with those leg kicks, he should have worked the clinch more and utilized his height advantage agains Rashad. First two rounds was all Forrest then he just fell apart. You have to give props to Rashad for forcing Forrest into going away from what was working but damn I hate the dude. He's a powerful man for his size and has beat two very sound fighters in Forrest and Chuck. Here's what I want to see next, step in the ring with the Spider and kiss your dick like you did last night and see where your head ends up. Here's the thing with Rashad, Chuck doesn't move well, Forrest doesn't move well. Hell, none of the top 205 guys move well. Rashad steps in the ring with someone who's going to force him to the ground and work him and you'll see holes in his game. He's a good wrestler but no one has been testing him on the ground. Look for the UFC to match him up with guys that allow him to fight in his comfort zone before throwing someone at him that's going to take him out of his game. Machida anyone?

Edited by ZoEd

I was curious how the Brazilian fighter ended up with an Austrian accent, from the other side of the world ? (he sounds just like Ahh-nold !! )

(I'm pretty sure it was Nog, tho it might have been the other Brazilian, Silva)

Edited by Mickalino

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7866&zoneid=2

UFC president Dana White, at the UFC 92 post-fight press conference on Saturday night, confirmed a previously rumored lightweight bout between Joe "Daddy" Stevenson and new 155-pounder Diego Sanchez for UFC 95 in London, England.

According to White, the fight will serve as the main event when the promotion returns to the O2 Arena.

Sanchez will step into the bout against Stevenson on a two-fight win streak, but will be making his debut in the lightweight division.

The New Mexico native has long talked about moving down to 155 pounds, but with this confirmation, the former "Ultimate Fighter" season 1 winner transitions into a stacked lightweight division with a very tough test in his first fight

if that fight is the main event, UFC 95 better be free on Spike TV