Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Brock is gonna dismantle Mir.

Really ?

Everybody in this thread said the same thing about Nog, against Mir, but they could not have been more wrong.

So, you really need to back up a statement like that, with a much stronger argument.

Edited by Mickalino

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Am_7GjI.hN8WB7e5i4dqY5w9Eo14?slug=dm-rashad122708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

UFC president Dana White was upset after the match at Mazzagatti, saying he thought the stoppage was late, but was more upset over an earlier stoppage in which Cheick Kongo was bludgeoning Mostapha Al-Turk.

“He’s a nice guy, but he’s not a referee,” said White.

bout time Mazzagatti gets called out

Really ?

Everybody in this thread said the same thing about Nog, against Mir, but they could not have been more wrong.

So, you really need to back up a statement like that, with a much stronger argument.

I think it is gonna be very hard for anyone not named Fedor to beat Brock especially has time passes and he continues to improve. The only way i see to beat Brock is by submission like Mir got him. That was his debut fight and he was jacked up fighting wild to end it early. In my opinion the fight should have never been stood back up and if not for that Mir was done he really took a beating in that fight. I also think Brock is far to big,strong and thick up top to be submitted from the guard. It will take some sorta knee bar,ankle lock etc during a scramble like the 1st fight.

All Brock has to do is exactly what Mir did to Nog is stand up. Mir can't take him down so Brock will dictate where the fight takes place. Brock also has shown a great chin so far and incredible punching power he has dropped all 3 opponents he has faced including Mir with a jab.

I can't see Mir beating Brock at this point I think he is gonna embarrass him the guy is 280lbs and moves like a middleweight the more experience he gets the tougher he will be to beat.

RIP Mir

I think it is gonna be very hard for anyone not named Fedor to beat Brock especially has time passes and he continues to improve. The only way i see to beat Brock is by submission like Mir got him. That was his debut fight and he was jacked up fighting wild to end it early. In my opinion the fight should have never been stood back up and if not for that Mir was done he really took a beating in that fight. I also think Brock is far to big,strong and thick up top to be submitted from the guard. It will take some sorta knee bar,ankle lock etc during a scramble like the 1st fight.

All Brock has to do is exactly what Mir did to Nog is stand up. Mir can't take him down so Brock will dictate where the fight takes place. Brock also has shown a great chin so far and incredible punching power he has dropped all 3 opponents he has faced including Mir with a jab.

I can't see Mir beating Brock at this point I think he is gonna embarrass him the guy is 280lbs and moves like a middleweight the more experience he gets the tougher he will be to beat.

RIP Mir

pretty fair synopsis. Mir had an speed and athleticism advantage over Nog, he won't have that against Lesnar

hard to believe this matchup is even considered credible. if someone told me 2 years ago Lesnar & Mir would be fighting to unify the HW title, i would've had that person committed. 2 years is an eternity in MMA

Just got back from traveling...hell of a card. This one should've been called "knockout."

I think the only result that surprised me was Mir/Nog. I didn't expect Nog to get dominated like that, I think everyone was pretty much looking forward to Nog/Lesnar, but Mir showed me a lot, I won't underestimate him again.

I'm not really looking forward to Mir/Lesnar 2. I'm tired of the UFC putting together these rematches and 3rd fights when there are a lot of other exciting options.

And BigMike where's my new sig? Don't make it too bad man!

I knew Wandy was a dangerous pick because if you put two good fighters in there against each other enough times both are bound to win eventually. I would've much rather seen Shogun/Rampage 2 than Wandy/Rampage 3 but whatever. The UFC will probably have Chuck/Rampage 3 or something stupid like that up next.

And I wasn't surprised by the Forrest/Rashad fight either, I had Forrest and he won the first two rounds IMO but those guys are about on the same level IMO.

the year in MMA is not quite over yet. Japan has a huge card coming up in a couple of days:

K-1 DYNAMITE!! 2008: DECEMBER 31, 2008 IN JAPAN

venue: Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan

Fights with MMA Rules:

-Eddie Alvarez (#2 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Shinya Aoki (#3 Lightweight in the World)*

-Joachim Hansen (#4 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Gesias "JZ" Calvancante (#6 Lightweight in the World)*

-Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (#9 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Hong Man Choi

-Semmy Schilt vs. "Mighty" Mo Siliga

-Mark Hunt vs. Jerome LeBanner

-Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Kiyoshi Tamura

-Hideo Tokoro vs. Daisuke Nakamura

-Bob Sapp vs. Akihito Tanaka

-Hayato "Mach" Sakurai vs. Katsuyori Shibata

-Yukio Sakaguchi vs. Andy Ologun

-Alistair Overeem vs. TBA

Fights with K-1 Kickboxing Rules:

-Tatsuya Kawajiri (#5 Lightweight in the World in MMA)* vs. Kozo Takeda

-Gegard Mousasi (#8 Middleweight in the World in MMA)* vs. Musashi

-Artur Kyshenko vs. Yoshihiro Sato

*Based on MMAWeekly.com World MMA Rankings

So Cro-Cop and Overeem are fighting on the same card but not against each other? WTF man.

I CANNOT wait for Alvarez/Aoki that has Fight of the Year potential. And does anyone else see Mark Hunt's head getting kicked clean off against LeBanner?

So Cro-Cop and Overeem are fighting on the same card but not against each other? WTF man.

I CANNOT wait for Alvarez/Aoki that has Fight of the Year potential. And does anyone else see Mark Hunt's head getting kicked clean off against LeBanner?

Hunt's chin is legendary, its more likely he takes a kick to gut and folds like origami

i'm torn in the Alvarez/Aoki match, they are two of my favorite fighters. Alvarez is instant excitement and all heart, Aoki is as one dimensional as a fighter can be, but he makes it work.

Looks like 205. How freaking stacked is 205 right now? The winner gets Bisping at 185 though, right (after TUF)? Kind of strange.

Here is the whole card:

Main event:

205 lbs.: Rich Franklin (24-3) vs. Dan Henderson (23-7)

Main card (Televised):

205 lbs.: Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (16-3) vs. Mark Coleman (15-8)

185 lbs.: Denis Kang (31-10-1) vs. Alan Belcher (13-5)

170 lbs.: Marcus Davis (15–4) vs. Chris Lytle (26-16–5)

185 lbs.: Rousimar Palhares (8-2) vs. Jeremy Horn (80-18-5)

Under card (May not be broadcast):

170 lbs.: Martin Kampmann (13-2) vs. Alexandre Barros (13-5)

205 lbs.: Eric Schafer vs. Antonio Mendes (15–3)

205 lbs.: Ivan Serati (10-2) vs. Tomasz Drwal (14-2)

170 lbs.: Thomas Egan (3-0) vs. John Hathaway (9-0)

155 lbs.: Nate Mohr (8-5) vs. Dennis Siver (12-6)

*Fight not yet officially confirmed by UFC.com.

Kang's UFC debut.

Davis-Lytle sure to be sight of the night. I'm really looking forward to that one. No idea who will win it.

Kampmann's 170 debut. I really like him. He could be a force at welterweight.

If Shogun is back at the top of his game 2009 should be an incredible year for the 205 division.

Edited by Sebowski

That should be a really good classic kind of fight. It should be getting more pub than it is.

I forget, is it at 205 or 185?

I believe it is at 205.

I also want to see Coleman and Shogun. I want to see if Shogun has fully recovered, and I want to see Coleman get beaten. I am not a fan of The Hammer.

I believe it is at 205.

I also want to see Coleman and Shogun. I want to see if Shogun has fully recovered, and I want to see Coleman get beaten. I am not a fan of The Hammer.

No matter how much Rua's stock has fallen, I can't see him losing to Coleman. Mark's time has come and gone long ago.