Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I love it. Look at the 'Page KO and the Alistar KO. Both had their non-punching hand next to their jaw. Wanderlei even HIT Rampage in the glove right before he got knocked THEFUGOUT.

Yeah, the defensive tactics didn't score the knockouts, but they sure don't hurt. Gotta love the way Rampage parries. His elbows fly as high as his forehead.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I love it. Look at the 'Page KO and the Alistar KO. Both had their non-punching hand next to their jaw. Wanderlei even HIT Rampage in the glove right before he got knocked THEFUGOUT.

Yeah, the defensive tactics didn't score the knockouts, but they sure don't hurt. Gotta love the way Rampage parries. His elbows fly as high as his forehead.

That's pure elementary technical defense. If guys like Wanderlei and Chuck had defense like that they wouldn't be on the wrong end of highlight KOs these days...especially since they're getting older.

That's pure elementary technical defense. If guys like Wanderlei and Chuck had defense like that they wouldn't be on the wrong end of highlight KOs these days...especially since they're getting older.

Elementary to learn, yes. But when you have a guy swinging 80 mph at your jaw, it becomes more like perusing a mathematics degree at Harvard.

I think guys like Wanderlei and Chuck simply thrived on pegging poor dumb ****s that would get sliced in two in today's game. They took advantage of a small talent pool. Sure, we all loved Pride. But in 20 years, we will probably be laughing at how "sorry" their fighters were. Chuck, Wandie, Cro Cop, Big Nog, Gomi, FEDOR...they were (and some still are) ahead of their time.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Gotta love Aoki's pants. If someone calls them gay he'll just break their arm.

I have to believe that helps him with grappling, especially later in a fight. Wonder what the rule is in the UFC for having **** on your legs. I think it was Massenzio that had the hella-knee brace on, could be wrong. Sylvia wore the knee braces and taped his feet and ankles, but can you wear the Ultimate Warrior boots??? What is the limit man!

So apparently Cro-Cop is taking another six months off for knee surgery...is it safe to say he's not the same fighter he once was and probably won't be again?

I hate to say it but hes done. His leg kicks were his best move and if he has a bad knee he won't be the same ever again.