Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

youre doubting BJ Penn?

I am going to tell you this man one time and one time only. I am going to claim residency on your sig if you arent careful. :silly:

BJ is going to eat St Pierre alive.

We'll see about that, I've got GSP actually finishing Penn, mark it in the books! :cheers:

Gomi lost again early this morning by sub...........how the mighty have fallen

Jorge Santiago sub'd Kazuo Misaki (top 5 MW) in the 5th round of a pretty good championship fight. Santiago has completely evolved as a fighter since he was last in the UFC. he's a completely different fighter now, i would love to see him return to the UFC, he could do some damage

I agree, SU, How the mighty HAVE fallen....

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filopivic to Retire in 2009

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=1613

Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filopivic says he will probably retire in 2009 - and he wants his final fight to be in the UFC.

He told Croatian newspaper Jutarnji (‘Early Riser’) today that he turns 35 later this year and has to give serious thought to quitting MMA.

Asked about his plans for the year, he said: “I'm not in the years when you can create a long-term plan... today my health is my priority.

“I believe that during 2009 I will fight three more times for Dream, then I hope for a farewell fight in the UFC.”

He was speaking as it emerged that the operation he requires on his knee has been postponed for nearly two weeks because of flu.

Filopovic has severe knee damage and needs ligaments repairing, but has to wait until his immune system is strong enough to handle an operation.

He said that after the operation, he will need three months to recover and then will train “For several weeks” to get fighting fit before competing again.

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filopivic to Retire in 2009

It's time. The knee damage was just as debilitating as the lost confidence. The sad part is that as good as he was in Pride, he will mainly be remembered by mainstream fans for being DISmembered by Gabriel Gonzaga in the UFC.

That sucks. :(

Brazilian brawler Wanderlei Silva is scheduled to meet with UFC president Dana White this week to determine his next challenge.

The former Pride champion is not thrilled about a possible cut to middleweight. He walks around at 215 pounds, and doesn’t like to cut more than 10 pounds for a fight. He denied an immediate move to the division below him, but said he would wait to hear from “the boss.”

“It’s my normal weight,” he says of the light heavyweight class. “I never cut down too much weight for a fight. Maybe I go to fight one more time at light heavyweight, and after I go down.”

To Silva, the fight that makes the most sense is a rematch with Chuck Liddell, who gave him a three-round slugfest at UFC 79. He lost the decision, but feels they put on another fight of the year.

“I am thinking I want to fight Chuck again,” says Silva. “I want to fight with him again because I had a good match with him, and his style is a good style for me, and my style is good for him. It’s good for the show. Maybe it’s good for Dana.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7899&zoneid=13

mmamania

Former UFC middleweight contender David Loiseau will return to the Octagon on April 18 when he faces The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 3 finalist Ed Herman at UFC 97 from The Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada according to Cageplay.com.

The Crow was a pretty exciting fighter until Rich literally beat the spirit out of him for 5 rounds.

hopefully he can regain that form he once had

How dominant was Rich Franklin at 185 until he met Anderson Silva? No one could touch Franklin.

And really no one has since. He dismantled Matt Hamill who is no slouch. Franklin-Okami was a snoozer but Rich did beat him unanimously. It's odd that he's so good... and Silva is even so much better.

Rich was dominant, but the MW division was practically on life support at the time. he fought Shamrock (i think at 205), Evan Tanner, Nate Quarry, and Loiseau before being destroyed by Anderson.

Rich was definitely dominant, but it could've been because he was the big fish in a small pond