Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Cro Cops leg looked like it rotated 180 degrees, did a side twist and dismount when that happened.

What was the biggest straight KO this year though, we had many.

Rashad vs Chuck gets my vote with Rampage vs Silva a very very close second. Both were freakin straight butter shots.

rashad kicking that one dude in the head is a big one.

and wandy's dismantling of keith jardine was huge.

Rashad vs Chuck gets my vote with Rampage vs Silva a very very close second. Both were freakin straight butter shots.

1.1z4a3qc.gif

Rashad KO'ng chucky was the exact opposite of what most anticipated happening. combine that with the fact that chuck was laid out for a few minutes, and that it led to Rashad's title shot, its got to be #1

2.212tocp.gif

Koscheck just plain killed ol boy. yoshida was down for the count of 100

3.3313twh.jpg

Rampage finally gets his revenge, sweet indeed. he left Silva switching on the mat.

4.11s2gie.gif

Rory Markham with the gangsta walk off after the kick

5.2a5j3nk.gif

another case of sweet revenge after the robbery that was their first fight.

honorable mention to Jeremy Stephen & Junior Dos Santos for the uppercuts from hell

i was debating that. Yoshida was down longer than Wandy and nobody knew Koscheck was capable of somethin like that. people definitely know Page has dynamite in his hands

rashad kicking that one dude in the head is a big one.

and wandy's dismantling of keith jardine was huge.

Rashad's head kick happened almost 2 years ago i think :silly:

i did forget about Wandy destroying Jardine though.

Edited by StillUnknown

Lowlights

- Whoever thought Cro Cop and HMC would be a good match. Seriously CC just ran away from what I saw and then finally chopped HMC. It was non eventful. The ending would have been nice if CC actually mixed it up with HMC.

Just watched the fights (on NYE because I'm stuck at work :doh:)

That Cro Cop match looked awfully fishy to me. As soon as HMC corned closed the distance and corned Mirko, Mirko looks at the ref and they move to the center of the ring. Then a couple minutes Cro Cop HMC gets another advantage, and the ref separates them again.

Edited by Sebowski

Cro Cops leg looked like it rotated 180 degrees, did a side twist and dismount when that happened.

What was the biggest straight KO this year though, we had many.

I don't like the Koschek one because Yoshida was already out on his feet. For that one you have to judge that first punch, not the one that looked like it killed him. The brutal shot was to a defenseless fighter. He might as well been hitting him on the mat like Rampage did when he pounced on Wandy after the KO.

Going by the GIFs (thanks for those) I'd vote for Markham. Rampage's was a counter punch, which is great, but for KO of the year I have to vote for a straight offensive maneuver.

I don't like the Koschek one because Yoshida was already out on his feet. For that one you have to judge that first punch, not the one that looked like it killed him. The brutal shot was to a defenseless fighter. He might as well been hitting him on the mat like Rampage did when he pounced on Wandy after the KO.

Going by the GIFs (thanks for those) I'd vote for Markham. Rampage's was a counter punch, which is great, but for KO of the year I have to vote for a straight offensive maneuver.

I love the Koscheck KO. Doesn't lose points because he hay-made a guy who is still standing. Throw those bombs if the guy is still up, no matter where in his brain his eyes are. I can understand deducting kudos if someone is beating on a guy knocked out standing against the cage, but Yoshida was standing there like a baseball on a tee. Break out that Louisville Slugger and smack it! That was a sweet KO.

That SAID, my KO of the Year goes to Rashad's Hiroishima on Chuck's cheek.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Just watched the fights (on NYE because I'm stuck at work :doh:)

That Cro Cop match looked awfully fishy to me. As soon as HMC corned closed the distance and corned Mirko, Mirko looks at the ref and they move to the center of the ring. Then a couple minutes Cro Cop HMC gets another advantage, and the ref separates them again.

Are you drinking at work?

my top five submissions of 2008:

1.34pz2qh.jpg

a normal gogoplata is rare enough, the fact he did it from mount is ridiculous. sure his opponent was essentially a grappling dummy, but to be able to do this in an actual fight is amazing

2.2aesglg.jpg

Hazelett's transition was slick was hell. from a whizzer to armbar almost instantly as time was almost up in the round.

3.2lo0kts.jpg

Daisuke Nakumura vs. Andy Olugun: flying armbar..........nuff said

4.e04it5.gif

Aurelio was smooth and slick with this one, happened almost instantly. the entire fight lasted 16seconds. i can't remember a quicker fight that ended in a sub.

5.2s96l29.gif

another bjj clinic by Hazelett, when they slowed it down on replay you could how much that armbar looked like it hurt.

honorable mention to CB Dollaway for the Peruvian Neck-Tie finish against Jesse Taylor

Edited by StillUnknown

Yeah, perhaps 205 wasn't his thing.

EXCLUSIVE: Wanderlei to drop to middleweight in 2009

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2000210.html

Former Pride FC champion, Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer” Silva is set to move to middleweight following his devastating loss to Quinton “Rampage” Jackson last weekend, his forth in five outings.

Sources close to the aggressive Brazilian EXCLUSIVELY revealed to MMABay that he will be moving to 185 pounds after spending the last couple of years fighting bigger men and coming up short.

Often in his Pride days, Wanderlei would come in under the allotted weight, as he did last weekend at UFC 92, finding the weight cutting very easy to cope with.

This move could potentially set the middleweight division on fire with the likes of Michael Bisping, Nate Marquardt and former foe, Dan Henderson in the mix.

If successful at middleweight, “The Axe Murderer” could find himself opposite 185 pound champion, Anderson Silva which I’m sure every fan would love to see.

Another Spoiler Alert

I'd love to see him roll with BJ Penn. Would fricken love it.

If I see a shooting star I'm wishing for Jessica Alba first, but if I see another shooting star I'll be wishing for a Aoki vs. Penn bout hitting the canvas.

You guys aren't alone

Aoki:

“I think there’s no doubt that B.J. Penn is still the best at 155 pounds. He’s most likely the best fighter in the world. I don’t ignore the UFC. I respect the UFC because it’s a very high level organization — a high summit in the sport…. Personally, the most decisive fight in the world, the culmination, the pinnacle for me is B.J. Penn. Please do not misunderstand — I really need this to be clearly expressed in the media: Shinya Aoki will not go to the UFC. I just want to fight B.J. Penn. This is my selfish wish. I know that everyone says they want Penn, but I think I’m the number one Japanese fighter to be saying this.”

Would love to see BJ go to Japan take out their king again (though I do like Aoki).

Gotta love Aoki's pants. If someone calls them gay he'll just break their arm.

I have to believe that helps him with grappling, especially later in a fight. Wonder what the rule is in the UFC for having **** on your legs. I think it was Massenzio that had the hella-knee brace on, could be wrong. Sylvia wore the knee braces and taped his feet and ankles, but can you wear the Ultimate Warrior boots??? What is the limit man!

Any that has an American athletic commision involved won't let anyone do anything cool. No pants whatsoever. Same for shoes/boots (one of the many reasons Barnett doesn't like fighting in the states as much). Gis are out of the question too.