Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

thanks. What is Lesnar's record in UFC? Has he kicked ass or been exposed? Inquiring minds want to know.

2-1

impressive so far. lost his fight with Mir due to submission, but Mir's one of the best HW in the world on the ground.

he completely controlled and dominated Herring who's pretty much a gatekeeper.

then he showed some improved striking and patience against Couture to win the title

the main reason he got a title shot is because his 3 fights have totaled 2.2mil PPV buys for the year

the "next anderson/GSP" is getting his ass handed to him right now.

wasn't really fair to stick that label on Philipe to begin with

yeah. As good as he is, his wrestling is non existent. He did not stop one takedown, and some of them were very poor takedowns at that.

He will improve tho, and should be a force for many years to come. Congrats to Efrain and Bader, I did not think either of them were going to win.

yeah. As good as he is, his wrestling is non existent. He did not stop one takedown, and some of them were very poor takedowns at that.

He will improve tho, and should be a force for many years to come. Congrats to Efrain and Bader, I did not think either of them were going to win.

Me either. I thought both did very good. I'm glad we didn't have to see bader's "lay on top of you for the whole fight" style, but I expect he didn't want to hit the ground against Vinny.

All the fights were pretty good too, even the browning fight. He looked much better than on the show. He's still a punk though, lol.

It was really nice to see Anthony Johnson get his revenge in a great way. Awesome kick.

Me either. I thought both did very good. I'm glad we didn't have to see bader's "lay on top of you for the whole fight" style, but I expect he didn't want to hit the ground against Vinny.

All the fights were pretty good too, even the browning fight. He looked much better than on the show. He's still a punk though, lol.

It was really nice to see Anthony Johnson get his revenge in a great way. Awesome kick.

Johnson is only 24, and training with Cung Le so he should only improve over time.

he needs to work his ground game some more. he had some decent ground n pound and defended the subs well, but he really didn't try to pass guard to get to a better position.

not even close. RB is the commercial with kobe, phelps, a-rod, and hawk. it has multiple instruments including drums, extra guitar and you sing.

GH is just 1 or 2 guitars.

That commercial is actually for the newest Guitar Hero that has all the instruments just like Rock Band. (I think)

World Extreme Cagefighting bantamweight Will Ribeiro was in a motorcycle accident early Tuesday morning and is currently comatose in a hospital in Brazil, according to a report by Frank Curreri on WEC.com.

Ribeiro's manager, Ed Soares, confirmed the news. According to the report:

"Soares said one of his assistants in Brazil told him Ribeiro was riding as a passenger on the motorcycle and was not wearing a helmet. The street they were riding on was slick due to rain. Ribeiro was rushed to a local hospital and underwent emergency surgery.

'My assistant said that the doctor said for sure that he (Ribeiro) has lost sight in one of his eyes,' Soares said. 'He’s still in a coma. After surgery the doctor said there is a 50-50 shot that he will come out of it (survive).'"

Ribeiro, currently ranked No. 7 in the world at 135 pounds, competed recently at WEC 37 in Las Vegas on Dec. 3, where he lost via submission to No. 2 ranked Brian Bowles.

“He’s a very positive guy, very hard-working, a good person,” Soares said of Ribeiro to WEC.com. “He had had a very rough life. His mother passed away like seven years ago and he took over the care of his younger sister. He’s like a father-brother-mother to her… I’m still crushed right now.”

MMAWeekly.com will continue to follow Ribeiro's condition and offer updates as they become available.

i hope he pulls through :(:(:(

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=3777344

Mixed martial arts fighter, wife found dead

ESPN.com news services

LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. -- A mixed martial arts fighter and his wife were found shot to death in a Laguna Niguel condominium in what authorities said was an apparent murder-suicide.

The bodies of Justin Levens and his 25-year-old wife, Sarah McLean-Levens, were found Wednesday afternoon, Orange County sheriff's officials said.

Sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino said the bodies were discovered by Sarah McLean-Levens' mother, who went to the condo after not hearing from her daughter for several days.

According to the Los Angeles Times, autopsies -- as well as ballistics and residue testing -- were being conducted Thurday morning. Police did not find a suicide note, but did find a gun; the bodies had been in the house for several days prior to discovery, the Times reported.

"Nothing has been ruled out," Amormino said, according to the Times.

The 28-year-old Levens, listed at 5-foot-10 and 185 pounds, competed in the Ultimate Fighting Championship and other organizations.

Amormino said that Levens had been suspended from fighting because he was found to have misused medication, the Orange County Register reported.

According to his biography on the UFC Web site, Levens said he was in the U.S. Navy and learned how to fight while growing up in Philadelphia as "a survival tool."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sherdog.com/news/news/sanchez-could-face-stevenson-at-ufc-95-15554

Diego Sanchez could get a stern test in his first fight at 155 pounds.

The middleweight winner of the first season of Spike TV’s “The Ultimate Fighter” has verbally agreed to face Joe Stevenson at UFC 95 on Feb. 21 at the O2 Arena in London, according to a source close to the New Mexico native. Bout agreements have yet to be signed, however, said the source.

Sanchez, 26, announced his intentions to drop down to the lightweight division in December and will enter his first fight of 2009 on a two-fight win streak. Sanchez (19-2) submitted David Bielkheden at UFC 82 last March and stopped gritty American Top Team standout Luigi Fioravanti with strikes at “The Ultimate Fighter 7” Finale in June.

Sanchez’s only two career losses have come in the welterweight ranks to Josh Koscheck at UFC 69 in April 2007 and Jon Fitch via split decision at UFC 76 in September 2007, shortly after he left lifelong trainer Greg Jackson in Albuquerque, N. M. Sanchez now trains under Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Saulo Ribeiro and Rob Garcia in San Diego.

Stevenson (29-9), who won TUF’s second season at welterweight, has dropped two of his last three bouts. The former King of the Cage and Gladiator Challenge champion succumbed to a second-round rear-naked choke at the hands of lightweight champion B.J. Penn at UFC 80 last January in Newcastle, England, and was submitted with the same maneuver by Kenny Florian at UFC 91 in November. The 26-year-old ground fighter has gone 6-3 in the Octagon.

interesting to see Sanchez dropping down. could be a must win for Stevenson, he's awfully close to gatekeeper status, a bad place to be at only 26 years of age