Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

i thought Yoshida was dead when he hit the mat. brutal KO by Koscheck

That was a pleasant surprise. I expected Yoshida to try some Judo throws and submissions. Trying to trade blows with Koscheck was a bad idea.

And, the dude who got his arm broken because he didn't tap out is a moron.

Edited by Ron78

Kos is an animal. Major props to him. Yoshida knew what he was gonna do but still didnt stop it. Great fight, and one of the best knockouts ive seen.

Also, Saunders has a hell of a Muay Thai clinch. Those knees looked brutal, and Wolff got ****ed up bigtime.

Saunders fought like he mastered the techniques of Anderson & Wandy Silva combined

That was a pleasant surprise. I expected Yoshida to try some Judo throws and submissions. Trying to trade blows with Kischeck was a bad idea.

And, the dude who got his arm broken because he didn't tap out is a moron.

Yeah, Al-Hasan was a moron to not tap. When Cantwell rolled him over and still had the armbar in place I knew that thing was gonna snap like a twig.

Also, Saunders has a hell of a Muay Thai clinch. Those knees looked brutal, and Wolff got ****ed up bigtime.

That was a great fight too. Mike Swick's knock out was also pretty good. This turned out to be a really good card.

Edited by Ron78

Yeah, Al-Hasan was a moron to not tap. When Cantwell rolled him over and still had the armbar in place I knew that thing was gonna snap like a twig.

Cantwell has a pretty good game to be only 21 or 22. i hope the UFC doesn't rush into fighting big names too soon. he could be a force at 205 if he's brought along the right way.

I went 5/5. Very entertaining card. Looks like Koscheck developed that right cross like I told him to! Swick is a monster!

UFC Fight For the Troops picks:

Matt Wiman vs. Jim Miller: Wiman has the tools and the momentum to beat the crap out of Jim Miller. He's got a reach advantage and better striking, but I think he's looking too far ahead to get a rematch with Frankie Edgar. This is a trap fight against a formidable left hander than can scrap on the ground. Miller, split decision.

Tim Credeur vs. Nate Loughran: Credeur is a beast on the ground, and has a long 6'3" frame for a MW. Loughran is 6'2", but is primarily a wrestler (although he did choke out his last opponent). Hard to tell if they have any surprises in their games at this point. But on paper, Credeur should be able to win. Triangle choke, round 3.

Steve Cantwell vs. Razak Al-Hassan: The WEC light heavyweight champion, Steve Cantwell. Looking up Al-Hassan and his fight history will show you that he mostly finishes his fights very quickly. He looks like he'll knock your head off, but he's a submission guy. Razak has very little experience, on top of that experience coming against novice fighters, to be thrown against the AAA-league's light heavyweight champ. I see Cantwell getting on top of Razak and overwhelming him early. TKO G&P, round 1.

Mike Swick vs. Jonathen Goulet: Swick has looked sick lately. That's right, he's literally looked 'sick' cutting to 170, like he needs a feeding tube. But he's also looked very comfortable managing fights at 170. His dismantling of the streaking Marcus Davis was very, very impressive. Swick uses his reach as well as anyone in the UFC. Tonight he fights Goulet, who has the same amount of reach. Goulet is good in the clinch, but I think Swick's awareness and calm demeanor in during a fight will prevent him from getting stuck in a bad spot for long. To me, Goulet has to nail him with a 'fight changing' strike or Swick will own him for 15 minutes. Swick, UD.

Josh Koscheck vs. Yoshiuki Yoshida: Before I talk about Koscheck, let me just say that Yoshida's Yokozuna on War "War Machine" Machine was awesome. Koscheck took the Alves fight on short notice, and he's bolting in to this one also. The Koscheck saga is a fast-paced one, this will be his 13th fight in 3 1/2 years. I think he is pushing himself to be a tough athlete more than liven-up his toolbox, so to speak. He goes in there wanting to tackle and G&P you, maybe jab and counter...but that's about it. He's a cardio machine, he can wrestle very well, but he needs to take some time to develop a right cross in to something dangerous, perhaps. He is one of the best welterweights, but his style is getting to be figured out, kind of like a Chuck Liddell deal. He's not as one-dimensional as Chuck, but he's also not as dangerous. Being well rounded is going to be a pre-requisite for this sport, if it isn't already. Koscheck is decently-rounded unless you're talking about his takedowns and takedown defense. I just don't think it's enough for him to become a great welterweight. Damn, I type this much and pick him anyway? Maybe I see a potential waste of talent in the guy. Koscheck, G&P, round 2.

in one of the undercard fights, Corey Hill of TUF fame suffered one of the nastiest leg breaks you will ever see checking a kick.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/7762-CoryHill.jpg

^^^^^DO NOT CLICK THAT IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it almost looks like its been photoshopped, but its real

i hope he gets better, but that is ****ing sick :(

Edited by StillUnknown

in one of the undercard fights, Corey Hill of TUF fame suffered one of the nastiest leg breaks you will ever see checking a kick.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/7762-CoryHill.jpg

^^^^^DO NOT CLICK THAT IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it almost looks like its been photoshopped, but its real

i hope he gets better, but that is ****ing sick :(

OMFG it reminds me of that famous kickboxing legbreak video...holy ****. It looked like Steve Cantwell fractured his opponents arm tonight too, I thought that was nasty but after seeing that picture the armbar was nothing!

And how sweet was that Koscheck KO?

That's KO of the year material for sure.

OMFG I know not to click on these links you keep putting up but I can't help it. :(

yeah i'm the same way, my apologies :ols:

reports are he's done for the next 12-18 months

it should be mentioned that his opponent was a class act, he stood by Hill's side the whole way as they got him loaded on the stretcher and out of the cage

Edited by StillUnknown

yeah i'm the same way, my apologies :ols:

reports are he's done for the next 12-18 months

it should be mentioned that his opponent was a class act, he stood by Hill's side the whole way as they got him loaded on the stretcher and out of the cage

Good to see his opponent show class. I can't imagine that his leg will ever be back to normal like it was before the break...how exactly does a leg break like that anyway, is it just weak bones? I've seen lots of devastating kicks in fights but no broken leg to show for it.

Edited by #98QBKiller