Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Weak decision, but whatever.  Jones showing why he has no desire to go to HW, all he did this entire fight was stand at his reach advantage and throw single shots.  Can't do that at HW when he doesn't have that advantage.

Has anyone explained that if Jon Jones is "retaining pico grams" of PEDs in his system, then why aren't there droves of other former PED users not popping for picograms in their system too?

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Weak decision, but whatever.  Jones showing why he has no desire to go to HW, all he did this entire fight was stand at his reach advantage and throw single shots.  Can't do that at HW when he doesn't have that advantage.

Ngannou is he only HW with a comparable reach

3 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Ngannou would destroy him. 

i think thats the fight I most want to see in the UFC at the moment

Ngannou destroys everything he touches, but I'm curious as what he would look like if Jones made him miss a few times

that was Jones' 3rd fight in 7 months, which means he's essentially been in camp all year. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was carrying an injury into that fight. He's never been the type to spend all fight looking for one perfect shot. more than that, he made himself completely one-dimensional. He is the smartest in-fight fighter I've ever seen in MMA and he never attempted a takedown on a dude who was clearly on one leg. Nothing about that fight makes any sense

take some time off, then go to HW to fight Cormier or Ngannou

Edited by StillUnknown

4 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I dunno how Jones won. He didn’t do anything that 5th. He only won that 3rd. He stood there and just went forward. 

The way I saw it:

Santos won 2 rounds clearly

Jones won 1 round clearly

Rounds 3 & 5 were close, so if you split them between fighters.........

Santos wins.

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The way I saw it:

Santos won 2 rounds clearly

Jones won 1 round clearly

Rounds 3 & 5 were close, so if you split them between fighters.........

Santos wins.

disagree somewhat, Round 3 was Jones best of the night

i saw it as:

Round 1: clear Santos

Round 2: Close/Lean Jones

Round 3: Clear Jones

Round 4: Close/Lean Jones

Round 5: Santos

Masivdal committed a murder, mockery, and emasculation in the span of 3 minutes from fight to post fight comments

Edited by StillUnknown

19 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

disagree somewhat, Round 3 was Jones best of the night

i saw it as:

Masivdal committed a murder, mockery, and emasculation in the span of 3 minutes from fight to post fight comments

Round 1: Santos

Rounds 2: Santos

Round 3: Close but lean Jones

Round 4: Jones

Round 5: Close but lean Santos

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

3-2 for Santos would have been cool with me as well.

i'm changing my card, I can't be in the same boat as Dana

Dana not trying to mess up a future HW fight

• Haha 1

I know that. That's exactly why I said what I said. I don't know what you're implying, but I was being the complete opposite of sarcastic. I was genuinely concerned and genuinely glad he's okay.

And the fact is, he's still not out of the woods yet. So it's definitely worthy of commenting and following-up.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

14 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

i saw it as:

14 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I had Santos, Rounds 1, 2, and 5.

However, the very moment the fight ended, I knew what the actual decision outcome would be. And I was right about that.

I wish that a challenger did not have to completely obliterate and dominate the champion by a huge margin, in order to take his belt.

It almost has to look like Usman vs Woodley it seems.

One random observation, of the things Santos did well, Santos did a much better job countering. Seemed like Jones retreated much of the time he threw punch or there was an exchange.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Is it safe to say that Jon Jones hasn't been the same dominant fighter since he was roided up vs. Cormier?   His best performance since was against Gus, but Gus is also not nearly the same fighter he was when they fought for the first time, he was a shell of that guy.

I am not sure if Bones just wants to get through fights without mixing it up and is less concerned with actual finishes now or what, but he doesn't look like the same dude anymore.  He is only 31 which is still in a fighter's prime for the most part (sanz suffering some kind of life altering injury). 

10 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Rumble's doing a submission grappling match. that dude used to fight at 170lbs 

You can't get fat if your nom de guerre is "rumble."  The jokes start to write themselves if you do that. 

8 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Is it safe to say that Jon Jones hasn't been the same dominant fighter since he was roided up vs. Cormier?   His best performance since was against Gus, but Gus is also not nearly the same fighter he was when they fought for the first time, he was a shell of that guy.

I am not sure if Bones just wants to get through fights without mixing it up and is less concerned with actual finishes now or what, but he doesn't look like the same dude anymore.  He is only 31 which is still in a fighter's prime for the most part (sanz suffering some kind of life altering injury). 

I think an underrated part is that his game has grown stagnant. Jackson/Wink gym is experiencing its first major downturn for a big gym. It happens to all eventually, but something deeper seems to be happening there. Cerrone left, Diego left, and they havent really improved a fighter in some time. Jones is their last remaining elite fighter.

12 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

To be fair though- he dominated, dismantled, and finished Gus and he dominated and dismantled Smith. Both were recent fights (against very high-level opponents) for him and he has fought 3 times in about 6 months. He's been very active (which could contribute to some wear and tear) and remains miles above his competition. If one were to accuse him of tasting Santos' power and not wanting to mix it up, that could be an accurate accusation without necessarily "tarnishing" Jones. Keep in mind it was Santos who was backing up all night. I'm not ready to say he's not the same fighter after the PED scandal.

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1