Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

One more thing about Bones: How amazing is it that he had to be assisted to the locker room due to the leg damage he suffered but showed no signs whatsoever of being in pain during the fight. The guy handles damage like a stone cold master. The last time I even saw him suffer from punches was in the first fight with Gus and he still was never close to being knocked down or out. He took some HUGE shots from Cormier in their 2nd fight too but didn't flinch.

I can't stand his smug face and I'll never root for the man but Jon Jones is simply incredible. 

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Chachie said:

One more thing about Bones: How amazing is it that he had to be assisted to the locker room due to the leg damage he suffered but showed no signs whatsoever of being in pain during the fight. The guy handles damage like a stone cold master. The last time I even saw him suffer from punches was in the first fight with Gus and he still was never close to being knocked down or out. He took some HUGE shots from Cormier in their 2nd fight too but didn't flinch.

I can't stand his smug face and I'll never root for the man but Jon Jones is simply incredible. 

With this in mind, do you think Jones could have continued in the next round with Sonnen, after he broke his toe, if he didn't finish him when he did ? ;)

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

With this in mind, do you think Jones could have continued in the next round with Sonnen, after he broke his toe, if he didn't finish him when he did ? ;)

I think he would have tried, but the doc/commish probably wouldnt allow him

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Santos tore everything in his knee: acl, mcl, & pcl

And meniscus.

Makes you wonder if he tore it all at once, early on, or if it was initially less severe but he shredded the rest of his knee as the fight went on.

9 hours ago, Chachie said:

Remember when Vitor had him in that really tight armbar? Jones went on to escape and dominate the remainder of the fight, but after the fight Jones talked about the armbar. He mentioned that it was locked in pretty tight and that he was focusing on not making any noise or showing any pain on his face while waiting for his arm to pop so he could escape the hold. It didn't quite get to that point, but that mentality is ****ing insane.

fighters are different

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yes because I think he also broke a toe against Gus in their first fight but I could be wrong. If I'm right, he continued and he won. However, that was a long time ago so I might be confused.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chachie said:

Yes because I think he also broke a toe against Gus in their first fight but I could be wrong. If I'm right, he continued and he won. However, that was a long time ago so I might be confused.

I also, am not really a Jones fan, but to be honest, you have to flip the coin on what a lot of people are saying against him this fight.

They're saying Santos almost beat him on one leg, and that he would have beaten him on 2.

However, at the same time, Jones' legs were badly hurt in the fight too, but it just wasn't evident in the fight.

That's probably why he wasn't more aggressive, for the same reason Santos wasn't aggressive.

So maybe in a rematch, if they both have good legs, Santos doesn't necessarily beat him.

Unless Santos out-chops him once again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I also, am not really a Jones fan, but to be honest, you have to flip the coin on what a lot of people are saying against him this fight.

They're saying Santos almost beat him on one leg, and that he would have beaten him on 2.

However, at the same time, Jones' legs were badly hurt in the fight too, but it just wasn't evident in the fight.

That's probably why he wasn't more aggressive, for the same reason Santos wasn't aggressive.

So maybe in a rematch, if they both have good legs, Santos doesn't necessarily beat him.

Unless Santos out-chops him once again.

Jones vs Gus 1: Razor close controversial decision.

Jones vs Gus 2: Jones crushes Gus.

Jones vs. Cormier 1: Unanimous decision

Jones vs. Cormier 2: Jones crushes Cormier.

I'll leave it to the UFC to do the math on a rematch with Santos.  🙂

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Jones vs Gus 1: Razor close controversial decision.

Jones vs Gus 2: Jones crushes Gus.

Jones vs. Cormier 1: Unanimous decision

Jones vs. Cormier 2: Jones crushes Cormier.

I'll leave it to the UFC to do the math on a rematch with Santos.  🙂

To be fair I don't think Gus was nearly the same fighter in that 2nd fight.  To me the injustice was him not getting a rematch a lot sooner.  He had been destroyed a few times after that Jones fight.

The 2nd fight vs. Cormier, IMO was pretty competitive until the Bones kick of doom. I even thought Cormier might have been winning up to that point.

The difference here is that Santos did what he did on a blown out knee. Now I would still favor Bones in a rematch because I don't think he would be willing to just stand and bang like he did in this fight, and once the fight went to the ground. Eh...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

For me personally, this particular card doesn't excite me much. But I am a Faber fan, and interested to see how his "retirement layoff" has affected him.

the card doesn't do much for me, i'm a junkie who needs help, so i'll be watching

a couple of individual fighters i want to see perform

Mirsad Bektic: at one point in time, he was the best prospect in all of MMA. then some injuries and a KO loss to Elkins in a fight he was winning set him back a bit. He has a complete game, just has to stay active and put it together.

Ryan Hall: easy guy to root for, been following him since he was doing jiu-jitsu only. hope he wins

• Like 1