Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Soo.....did Dana White put out a memo to Rogan & Anik that they need to bury Cyborg in their commentary for the entire fight?   Just because Spencer didn't get TKO'd, doesn't mean you need to pretend she wasn't pretty much a punching bag through 90% of the fight.  

I know this is her final fight on her contract, but sheesh, try to make it less obvious. 

So now Corey Anderson is not being considered as Jones' next opponent.

He and Johnny Walker have mutually agreed to fight, though I assume Dana needs to make it official.

This can only mean that Blachowicz faces Jones next, unless it's DC 3, or a HW.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/07/johnny-walker-accepts-corey-anderson-madison-square-garden-callout-ufc-244

Lawler in his prime dusts Colby, but it is hard to trust Lawler's chin to hold up with all the wars he's been through and punishment he's taken over the years.  It was super awesome seeing his run after his career sort of took a downturn but for the good of his health he prob should be looking at an exit plan from the sport.  Colby to me is another in the long line of consummate "good, perhaps very good, but falls short of great" fighters.  He is good enough that he will win more than he loses, coupled with his MAGA gimmick, he is going to talk his way into high profile fights, but he likely will always lose to the elite.  

If colby's striking is a problem for lawler's chin, he needs to retire. Covington's striking defense is his offense. He's a bad striker, but its constant. He throws just enough at you that you leave yourself open to the takedown. Lawler has had issues with people who push a high pace before. In his fight with RDA, Lawler looked like the guy who won the championship had left his body. Wouldnt totally shock me if Lawler catches him clean finishes him early, but the smarter play is colby winning a decision in which not much damage is actually done.