Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

9 hours ago, Destino said:

Thug Rose made one tactical error, and it got her literally dropped on her head.  Tough way to lose a fight she was dominating.  Hope she gets an immediate rematch.

from her post fight interview & press conference, it sounds like she has one foot out the door in MMA

4 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Silva’s camp was saying his knee was messed up going into the fight. 

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

not surprising on a 44 year old body

This is not a sarcastic joke or trying to be mean, but arthritis maybe ? It is definitely realistic, as I'm pretty sure it can happen at that age, and with his background.

Also, my experience tells me that maybe his first broken bone injury could have possibly made him susceptible to osteo-arthritis.

I am just speculating though, and nothing more.

pretty good main event, with not much else happening on the card tonight

this is an IQ test for Kevin Lee. RDA has clearly and consistently struggled against strong wrestlers who apply pressure. Kevin Lee is more than capable of following that gameplan. If he tries to stand with RDA, he will likely get ****ed up and finished. Lee has a ton of talent and I'm interested seeing how he does now that he wont be cutting so much weight. His striking has improved, but its not quite fluid. individual parts of his striking are impressive, a good jab & high kick, but they don't really flow together in a meaningful way. I'm picking Lee to win because RDA has not shown he can beat that type of fighter

not sure why Charles Oliveira is facing Nik Lentz for a 3rd time but i'm always down to see Oliveira strangle somebody

Good card for UFC 238, at least on paper. Any predictions, guys?

Here are mine...

Moraes vs. Cejudo is a tough, tough call. If Cejudo can get takedowns, it's his. If he can't, Marlon will take him out by the end of rd 2. I don't expect Henry to have the same type of championship run as Mighty Mouse (kind of like Weidman after dethroning Silva) and this one could be his undoing. He's gone kind of "celeb" since winning the belt. Not his style. 

- Moraes by KO.

Cerrone vs. Ferguson seems like an easy call from my POV. Cowboy always comes up short against the highest-ranked opponents and El Cucuy is one tough cookie. Also, I don't like the weight cut for Donald. He looked exhausted at the weigh-ins today. If he starts slow like he usually does, Tony will take advantage. Rooting for Cowboy as always, but...

-Ferguson by TKO inside of 3 rounds.

• Like 1

Really stacked card tomorrow night

Cejudo vs. Moraes: Should come down to Moraes takedown defense. We haven't seen much of it because he is quite adept at murdering people before they can close in on his legs. Still not sold on Cejudo's striking, i think the Dillashaw KO was more the result of TJ weakening his body to an unsafe point. Really pulling for Moraes, Cejudo is immensely talented, but he annoys the **** out of me and he still hasn't defeated Mighty Mouse IMO. Moraes by (T)KO, 2nd Round

Shevencko vs. Eye: seems like a mismatch on paper, but they need bodies for that division and Eye is next up on the list.

Cerrone vs. Ferguson: Like my guy Chachie said above me, Cerrone typically loses and badly when he steps up to elite level talent.  Ferguson is an elite level talent, but who knows where his head is at the moment. He's always been a weird dude, but some of the stuff out there around him is pretty troubling. He's also 35 now so he should be in a physical decline as well. Ferguson is a notoriously slow starter, so Cerrone's best chance is to jump him early before Ferguson gets his game going. Cerrone's gotta beat someone elite before I believe he can actually do it. Ferguson by (T)KO, 2nd round

Tatiana Suarez vs.  Nina Ansaroff: Tatiana is the champ in waiting at 115 IMO. Her wrestling and grappling will be hell for anyone to deal with in this division, their best hope is that she is eventually gets too big for the division and moves up. Ansaroff is riding a nice run, but Suarez is on a different level. Now that i've crowned her, expect her to be brutally finished tomorrow night.

Petr Yan vs. Jimmy Rivera: Life coming at Rivera expeditiously, he on a bit of dip after looking like a potential title challenger just a few fights ago. Yan has looked tremendous in each of his fights, but this is a pretty big step up in competition. If Yan wins, he should be right behind the winner of Sterling/Muhnoz for the winner of Cejudo/Moraes. 

Sterling vs. Muhnoz: Muhnoz is one of the very few people in the division who is probably a better grappler than Sterling. Sterling usually has a good gameplan and doesn't mind making a fight somewhat boring on the feet if it means securing a win. Muhnoz is a brawler at heart who will strangle a fighter if he sees a neck for half a second. I really like the improvements Sterling showed on the feet in his fight with Rivera. He doesn't have power, but he knows how to score points at range and he likely won't be as reckless as Garbrandt was which allowed Muhnoz to put him out. I'm taking Sterling by close decision.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1