Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante is a beast too.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1775216350348729784&q=gesias+jz&total=55&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

The Flying Knee around 2:43 is a MUST SEE.

JZ is fighting March 15th in Dreams. I believe it's the newly merged K-1 and Hero's. Anyone know how to watch it? I haven't heard anything about it on PPV.

there should be a stream for it on the internets, but the event will be live around 3 or 4am (est) since its happening in Japan.

JZ is one of my favorite fighters out, but i like Aoki even more. JZ will probably beat Aoki, but i'm rootin for Aoki :laugh:

Watch out everyone, but don't hold your breath...

UFC Negotiating With Fedor For A One Fight Deal

http://www.mmafightline.com/news/2008/313/fedor_emelianenko_318666.shtml

Sources close to negotiations between the UFC and Fedor's management have informed MMAFightline.com that the two sides are currently discussing a possible one fight deal that would bring Fedor to the cage, presumably to face Randy Couture.

It is unknown whether Couture would end his lawsuit and come back to the UFC to face Fedor if the UFC were able to offer such a fight, but Couture has stated on numerous occasions that this is the only fight that makes sense at this stage of his career.

It should be noted that nothing is eminent at this point and negotiations are in the general discussion phase. If made, however, the deal would be unprecedented. The UFC is notorious for locking up fighters in long term deals and not allowing them to leave as champions. We'll have more on this story as it develops.

I thought about this the other day,why not just sign him to a one fight deal, have him fight Randy and let them both go?

It's a win-win situation, this is the most anticipated match in MMA right now and it would be a PAYDAY for Dana White and the UFC.

AND

Randy and Fedor could both go.

My question is, how long would Fedor get to prepare for a fight in the octagon?

I'm pretty sure he's never fought in a cage in his life, only in the ring.

I thought about this the other day,why not just sign him to a one fight deal, have him fight Randy and let them both go?

It's a win-win situation, this is the most anticipated match in MMA right now and it would be a PAYDAY for Dana White and the UFC.

AND

I think if Dana treats Fedor well, Randy comes back, and Dana admitts to being a thief, he'll gain all his credibility back. I'm not betting on it unless I can win a grand for a dollar, but it could happen. Dana admitted he was a douchebag to Arlovski, which is kind of surprising considering Dana is the most headstrong president in all of sports. Hopefully he evolves out of his anger-management-ready stage.

AND

its not quite a win-win.

if Fedor comes in, defeats randy then bolts, then Dana can't claim to have "the best fighters in the world". he can't make that claim if fedor comes in and beats the man who has the heavyweight title

thats the reason dana doesn't give title shots to people on the last fight of their contract.

its not quite a win-win.

if Fedor comes in, defeats randy then bolts, then Dana can't claim to have "the best fighters in the world". he can't make that claim if fedor comes in and beats the man who has the heavyweight title

thats the reason dana doesn't give title shots to people on the last fight of their contract.

I don't know maybe. I mean Dana can still claim whatever he wants and not be held to his words and that's never stopped him before. Didn't he come out and say that Fedor was overrated at one point?

That's just how promoters work, I even heard one of the promoters at WEC say on a radio interview that Carlos Condit is the best Welterweight in the world, that's just their responsibility, to make their fighters look like the best ever.

Plus, Fedor would be favored very heavily so it wouldn't be a big surprise to fans if he won and it would really not do much more than solidify his status as the best HW ever after fighting so many cans now.

Also if Randy leaves after one fight then what does Dana have to lose? Don't forget Big Nog is the champ now, not Randy.

And if everything went down like that, then Dana wouldn't have the best HW in the world (most people would agree that he doesn't have the best HW in the world now) but he would have the best middleweight, lightweight, welterweight and the best LHW division in all of MMA.

I think if Dana treats Fedor well, Randy comes back, and Dana admitts to being a thief, he'll gain all his credibility back. I'm not betting on it unless I can win a grand for a dollar, but it could happen. Dana admitted he was a douchebag to Arlovski, which is kind of surprising considering Dana is the most headstrong president in all of sports. Hopefully he evolves out of his anger-management-ready stage.

I doubt we'll see that anytime soon. Dana is going to do what he thinks is best for the UFC and he seems to think being a loudmouth is the best.

I remember when he was saying that Brock Lesnar wanting to train MMA was a joke, then he came out and was like (paraphrasing) "Brock has the potential to be the most exciting HW ever with a win over Mir...blah blah blah"

But I'd be happy to eat some crow.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5886&zoneid=2

Fihlo Out of WEC Title Bout, Into Rehab

World Extreme Cagefighting middleweight champion Paulo Filho, battling some personal issues, has chosen to withdraw from his March 26 title defense against Chael Sonnen, the promotion announced Thursday evening.

The 29-year-old Filho voluntarily checked himself into an undisclosed rehabilitation center in Brazil on Thursday morning to seek help for a substance abuse problem.

“This is horrible news, but we’re proud of him for stepping up and recognizing his problem,” said Filho’s manager, Ed Soares. “At times like this you realize who your true friends are and who really supports you, and the people around him now are supporting him and are gonna be with him when he comes back.

“Paulo apologizes to his fans but he thanks them for their support and he promised that the next time they see him, he’ll be back at 100 percent and will be the Paulo Filho everyone expects to see."

Is he? I thought that he was just labeled "interim" HW champ. I personally recognize Nog as champ, but the UFC does not...

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=fighter.TitleHolders

Damn my bad, I thought they were already considering Randy gone.

Well that sucks, I bet Sonnen is pissed

yeah Big Nog is interim champ, Randy will be recognized as champ until his contract is resolved or he is beaten in the octagon

How can this be? Would the UFC actually reinstate Couture as HW champ if he returned? That's not right. Randy refused to defend it, Nog earned it. I love Couture (more than Nog) but he squandered the belt. Minotauro is the champ.

How can this be? Would the UFC actually reinstate Couture as HW champ if he returned? That's not right. Randy refused to defend it, Nog earned it. I love Couture (more than Nog) but he squandered the belt. Minotauro is the champ.

I absolutely agree with you, but if Couture returned, he would keep the belt. It is not fair to the other fighters.

I love Randy too, but he has no plans to fight right now. You can't put the entire division on hold.

well if they didn't land Fedor, they would have Randy fight Nog to determine the "true" champion.

Dana actually has made an offer to Randy to fight Big Nog. dana is holding out hope Randy will accept, which is why Werdum is fighting Vera at a near UFC event.

personally, i think randy is being a little dirty my not fighting Nog. he was given a gift title shot to begin with, now he wants doesn't want to defend it against a man who has earned a shot.

well if they didn't land Fedor, they would have Randy fight Nog to determine the "true" champion.

Dana actually has made an offer to Randy to fight Big Nog. dana is holding out hope Randy will accept, which is why Werdum is fighting Vera at a near UFC event.

personally, i think randy is being a little dirty my not fighting Nog. he was given a gift title shot to begin with, now he wants doesn't want to defend it against a man who has earned a shot.

LoveToast and Still-

Yeah, Randy's really chafing me these days. I see his point about Fedor being the only fight for him and I know Dana is a tightwad, but Couture has got to **** or get off the pot.

LoveToast and Still-

Yeah, Randy's really chafing me these days. I see his point about Fedor being the only fight for him and I know Dana is a tightwad, but Couture has got to **** or get off the pot.

i don't see his point about Fedor being the only fight for him. Nog is more than deserving of a shot against Randy. i think he sees Fedor as his biggest payday. he realized that if he fights Nog, theres a good chance he loses, and he won't make as much as he would against Fedor. If he loses to Fedor, then he loses to the best, but still cakes alot of cash. if he loses to Nog, a match with Fedor loses some luster

I think he sees Fedor as his biggest payday. He realized that if he fights Nog, theres a good chance he loses, and he won't make as much as he would against Fedor. If he loses to Fedor, then he loses to the best, but still cakes alot of cash. If he loses to Nog, a match with Fedor loses some luster.

I think you pretty much nailed one aspect of the situation.

But I think there is also a pride element too, not just greed (don't get me wrong, I think that plays a big role here too). Randy is 44 years old, he does not have a lot of time left. And as good as he has been, he has been hearing that he is not the best in the world for years. He wants to fight that man. He wants to beat that man.

Who knows how many fights he has left in his body. He would like to settle things against the man people have been touting as better than him for a long time now.

I agree with this. He went up a weight class and got a free title shot after basically being KO'd twice in a row in the LHW division, I actually think he should come back and fight Nog before he gets a shot at Fedor.

Watch out everyone, but don't hold your breath...

UFC Negotiating With Fedor For A One Fight Deal

http://www.mmafightline.com/news/2008/313/fedor_emelianenko_318666.shtml

Sources close to negotiations between the UFC and Fedor's management have informed MMAFightline.com that the two sides are currently discussing a possible one fight deal that would bring Fedor to the cage, presumably to face Randy Couture.

It is unknown whether Couture would end his lawsuit and come back to the UFC to face Fedor if the UFC were able to offer such a fight, but Couture has stated on numerous occasions that this is the only fight that makes sense at this stage of his career.

It should be noted that nothing is eminent at this point and negotiations are in the general discussion phase. If made, however, the deal would be unprecedented. The UFC is notorious for locking up fighters in long term deals and not allowing them to leave as champions. We'll have more on this story as it develops.

That would be so incredible. Wow.

Forgot to post this, Cro Cop had his first match with Dream about a week ago:

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4px93

He beat Tatsuya Mizuno by TKO (strikes) in round 1.

Cro Cop is still one of my all-time favorite fighters but I really don't like the way he ducked the UFC and the good heavyweights over there to fight some can with a 3-2 record.

I understand he likes fighting in Japan and he likes the ring over the cage but when you get to a certain point in your career you have to start fighting serious competition and keep fighting that competition on a regular basis if you want to maintain your standing in the world of MMA.

Forgot to post this, Cro Cop had his first match with Dream about a week ago:

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4px93

He beat Tatsuya Mizuno by TKO (strikes) in round 1.

Cro Cop is still one of my all-time favorite fighters but I really don't like the way he ducked the UFC and the good heavyweights over there to fight some can with a 3-2 record.

I understand he likes fighting in Japan and he likes the ring over the cage but when you get to a certain point in your career you have to start fighting serious competition and keep fighting that competition on a regular basis if you want to maintain your standing in the world of MMA.

that fight actually happened just a day ago. 4am (est) saturday morning.

the lightweight grand prix was good as well, although the match everyone wanted to see between Aoki & JZ ended in a no contest due to JZ hitting Aoki with an illegal elbow, they looked clean to me though.

that fight actually happened just a day ago. 4am (est) saturday morning.

the lightweight grand prix was good as well, although the match everyone wanted to see between Aoki & JZ ended in a no contest due to JZ hitting Aoki with an illegal elbow, they looked clean to me though.

My bad, it was early Sat morning. I need to go watch the Aoki fight though, I read about it online but I haven't seen it yet.

Anyone else see Baroni got worked by Hose for the Icon Sport (Hawaii based) 185 title? I like Baroni, but I think he may be done.

I saw some of the DREAM card that Cro Cop was on. It reminded me how lopsided Pride fights could be. They really like to set up their big names in mismatches. I know they were struggling to find an opponent for Cro Cop at the last minute, but that guy had no bussiness in the ring with Mirko.

Anyone else see Baroni got worked by Hose for the Icon Sport (Hawaii based) 185 title? I like Baroni, but I think he may be done.

I saw some of the DREAM card that Cro Cop was on. It reminded me how lopsided Pride fights could be. They really like to set up their big names in mismatches. I know they were struggling to find an opponent for Cro Cop at the last minute, but that guy had no bussiness in the ring with Mirko.

Any links directly to that fight alone?

EDIT: Duh, was provided in the initial post. :doh:

EDIT 2: I'm starting to question Cro Cop's legitimacy as a top MMA fighter after watching that. I'm starting to question a lot of ex-Pride fighters now. Too many Japanese cans thrown their way.

EDIT 2: I'm starting to question Cro Cop's legitimacy as a top MMA fighter after watching that. I'm starting to question a lot of ex-Pride fighters now. Too many Japanese cans thrown their way.

It does make you wonder, although Rampage, Henderson and Wandy, I don't think theres any doubt on.

It does make you wonder, although Rampage, Henderson and Wandy, I don't think theres any doubt on.

Well both Henderson and Wanderlei haven't won in the UFC since returning and by the time May rolls around, Rampage will have defended his title a grand total of 1 time within a year.

Did Pride test for steroids? Because some of the guys like Wanderlei and Shogun don't look as buff as they were in Pride and they obviously look flat in the ring.