Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

HUGE News here guys

http://mmamania.com/2008/03/06/report-fedor-emelianenko-seeks-m-1-divorce-and-willing-to-renegotiate-with-ufc/

ESPN “The Magazine” of all places is running a report that Fedor Emelianenko — considered among many as the top heavyweight fighter in mixed martial arts — will be a free agent again within the next week and will entertain offers from the UFC.

Here’s a snip from the Russian’s long-time manager, Apy Echteld:

“Officially, yes, Fedor will be a free agent…. We’re open to a discussion [with UFC]. If everybody is willing to put a little wine in the water, then we have something to work with. There is space for this to happen.”

I'll say it now. This is Dana's moment of truth.

Dana does look pretty good right now. I wonder if he'll offer Fedor the same deal as before or low ball him now.

If he offers Fedor the same deal I wonder what happens with Randy. When Randy left one of the things he said was that even if the UFC signed Fedor he would still have issues with him. He wants the same money Fedor gets. I don't think he deserves it. But now that Randy has turned this fight into something else, I wonder what his move would be.

Chuck will get a title shot with a win i'll bet anything.

Wandy is gonna work Jardine and i won't be suprised at all when Tito beats Machidi.

Rashad is a damn good fighter who has never lost and his only blemish is a draw with Tito.

Tito is a damn good fighter he gets a bad rep because of the Chuck fights but honestly it was just a bad style fight for him.

I'd like to see the UFC resign Tito he is a very tough matchup for alot of LHW.

And Thiago is getting alittle overrated, Chuck would beat the brakes off that kid..

Wandy is gonna work Jardine and i won't be suprised at all when Tito beats Machidi.

Rashad is a damn good fighter who has never lost and his only blemish is a draw with Tito.

Tito is a damn good fighter he gets a bad rep because of the Chuck fights but honestly it was just a bad style fight for him.

And Thiago is getting alittle overrated, Chuck would beat the brakes off that kid..

I see Tito winning the Machida fight too. Machida is good and has beaten a few good people but this is his real test. To me, Tito is a very good match-up for him.

Dana does look pretty good right now. I wonder if he'll offer Fedor the same deal as before or low ball him now.

I don't think Fedor cares as much about the money as he does being able to compete in Sambo and do his training in Russia.

We'll see what happens but I'd love to see him in the UFC...would his first fight be a re-match against big-Nog?

*Dana White* my fans don't know who Fedor is. He's not even a top 5 heavyweight. those crazy russians are hard to bargain with. Who has he fought? Sure he beat Big Nog twice, but i'm saying those don't count now. *Dana White*

*Dana White* my fans don't know who Fedor is. He's not even a top 5 heavyweight. those crazy russians are hard to bargain with. Who has he fought? Sure he beat Big Nog twice, but i'm saying those don't count now. *Dana White*

Did he actually say that?

I think if Chuck and Wandy both win like expected they will have a rematch for a title shot.

I don't think Tito is elite anymore. His striking has never improved and his GnP game isn't overwhelming anymore. It isn;t a great style match-up for Machida, but I still think he finds a way to beat Tito because he is a better fighter.

I think you are underestimating Thiago. It is a shame that all the top 205'ers are locked up right now. Thiago has no one available ranked higher than him to fight. I hope they don;t give him Soku. I'd rather see Soku beat a few lesser names bevore he fights in the top 10 again. Machida worked him hard.

Filho Will Defend Against Sonnen

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=11680

3/6/2008] Despite announcing this week that he was pulling out of a March 26 WEC middleweight title defense versus Chael Sonnen (Pictures), Paulo Filho (Pictures) will put the belt up after all, the Brazilian's manager, Ed Soares, informed Sherdog.com Thursday afternoon.

"He went through some personal issues, and he basically pulled everything together," Soares said.

Training at the Black House gym in Rio de Janeiro, Filho has been preparing with Ricardo Arona (Pictures) and Rafael Feijao. Soares said UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will join the training camp on March 17.

On Wednesday, Filho (16-0) told Brazilian MMA Web site Tatame: "I wasn't on a good moment, had depression but I'm rising now and the Americans forced me to fight now. I'm not afraid of winning or losing, but I wasn't motivated to train, wasn't training well, so I decided to do what the contract says and transferred the fight to June."

Said Soares: "During difficult times you get to see who your true friends are, and everyone is coming together to help him get ready for this fight."

The late March bout, a rematch of a December 2007 contest that Filho won when referee Josh Rosenthal stepped in after hearing what he thought was a verbal submission, is the featured fight on the live Versus telecast.

Locked in an armbar, Sonnen (19-9-1) let out a scream. After the fight had been decided, the Oregon-based wrestler denied that he wanted out of the fight.

I for one am happy about this rematch. As dominant as Filho has been in his division he got beat around by Sonnen that entire fight and got the lucky armbar and even Sonnen's submission was questionable.

It will be nice to see how Filho handles this fight.

This and the LHW Marshall/Stann bout should both be good.

i was really paraphrasing several statements he's made in the past. he has actually said in recorded interviews that "none of his fans know who Fedor is" and "fedor is not a top 5 heavyweight"

:laugh:

He's such a dumbass. If he would acknowledge that there are word-class fighters outside of the UFC it would be a lot better for the sport. Cross-promotion would push MMA over the top and make it a very, very popular sport.

Just read that Fabricio Werdum and Brandon Vera are fighting at UFC 85.

Nice. I used to chat with Brandon Vera back in like 00 when he was on yahoo San Diego chat. He is a pretty level headed dude. We used to tease him and say that if he did a cartwheel a stargate would open..

Nice. I used to chat with Brandon Vera back in like 00 when he was on yahoo San Diego chat. He is a pretty level headed dude. We used to tease him and say that if he did a cartwheel a stargate would open..

HA! That's messed up. Dude is a real good fighter. I think Werdum is coming in to his own. This should be a really good fight.

HA! That's messed up. Dude is a real good fighter. I think Werdum is coming in to his own. This should be a really good fight.

Yeah, I hope that Vera comes back because I think he just got too excited and nerves got him against Silvia. He is a really cool and laid back dude. I remember his first Vegas fight that he won and he announced he was getting married the next day.

I really hate Tim Silvia. I can't say that enough. Maybe a good man, but as a fighter I cant stand him..

Yeah, I hope that Vera comes back because I think he just got too excited and nerves got him against Silvia. He is a really cool and laid back dude. I remember his first Vegas fight that he won and he announced he was getting married the next day.

I really hate Tim Silvia. I can't say that enough. Maybe a good man, but as a fighter I cant stand him..

I don't know man, lately I've started to like Sylvia. I think Arlovski kind of helped with the hatred of Sylvia. That was one snore-fest of a trilogy. The HW division was REALLY starving to get attention back then.

The reason I admire Sylvia is because the overall hatred for him was from everyone perceiving the PRIDE HW division as being incredibly tougher than the UFC HW division. Then Cro Cop comes in here and gets leveled. Sylvia has a new sense of purpose now, you can see it in his demeanor. He beat the living crap out of Big Nog standing up. The only thing Nog did in that fight was get on top and pull a sub. Nog has good boxing but he blocks with his head instead of his hands. Sylvia rearranged his face.

I'm liking Tim's new attitude and I think he's going to pose a large threat to anybody that he faces now. He looks in better shape and more focused.

Cage Rage 25 tomorrow on Showtime:

CAGE RAGE 25: MARCH 8 ON SHOWTIME

Bouts Scheduled to Air on Showtime Broadcast:

-Ken Shamrock vs. Robert Berry

-Masakazu Imanari (#5 Featherweight in the World)* vs. Jean Silva

-Gary Turner vs. Mustapha Al Turk

-Tom Watson vs. Pierre Guillet

Other Bouts:

-Ivan Serati vs. Roman Webber

-Rob Broughton vs. Neil Grove

-Henrique Santana vs. Michael Johnson

-Aisling Daly vs. Aysen Berik

-Ryan Shamrock vs. Giorgio Andrews

-John Hathaway vs. Marvin Arnold

-Jack Bostwick vs. John Phillips

if Shamrock wins, he probably fights Kimbo next.

I think Vera broke one of his hands in the first round of that fight. He wants Sylvia again bad.

I like Werdum, but I think Vera will beat him pretty easily. Vera will own the striking, and if it it goes to the ground he should be able to survive Werdum's BJJ because Mir couldn't catch him. Werdum does have a Subber's chance though.

I think Vera broke one of his hands in the first round of that fight. He wants Sylvia again bad.

I like Werdum, but I think Vera will beat him pretty easily. Vera will own the striking, and if it it goes to the ground he should be able to survive Werdum's BJJ because Mir couldn't catch him. Werdum does have a Subber's chance though.

Thats right he did!! I remember him talking about it.

I dunno, I just dont like Silvia. He just throws that big ass meat hook out there and hopes to connect in my eye. He doesnt really ever push the game and he is happy just "dancing" in the middle of the octagon and exchanging jabs.

Im kind of greedy when it comes to MMA where I want to see these guys go out there and just let it all go no matter what. Thats why I like Chris Lieben(sp?). He is either going to knock you out or get knocked out.

Im kind of greedy when it comes to MMA where I want to see these guys go out there and just let it all go no matter what. Thats why I like Chris Lieben(sp?). He is either going to knock you out or get knocked out.

Leben. Love the Crippler. :)

Thats right he did!! I remember him talking about it.

I dunno, I just dont like Silvia. He just throws that big ass meat hook out there and hopes to connect in my eye. He doesnt really ever push the game and he is happy just "dancing" in the middle of the octagon and exchanging jabs.

To me Silvia's game has never evolved. He thinks he's got this amazing knockout power but he's just a big ass dude throwing big ass punches. He telegraphs his punches and his kicks. Take away the dudes size and he's nothing. Anyway, you'd think as long as he's been in the game the dude would have picked up some submissions by now. Big **** is horrendous on the ground. I expect someone new to the game to have limited JJ but damn add some new tools to your box brother.

I like Herring but IMO he's the same way. He just goes out there and throws bombs, WTF? If you want to be an exciting fighter diversify your game. Guys like Silvia and Herring get pissed when guys don't stand in the middle of the ring and trade punches with them. We'll no **** Sherlock. Any good fighter in their right mind won't step in the ring and fight according to your gameplan just to make an exciting fight. How about you learn a little of their gameplan and take the fight to them? Ya big ****s! :2cents: