Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I have two favortie fighters that when they are fighting it feels kind of like watching a Redskins game:

BJ Penn. It sounds like he is on top of his game training wise. That is bad news for everyone that fights between 155 and 170. Watching Penn-Sherk will feel kind of like watching a Skins-Dallas game (sounds kind of blasphemous when I say it like that, but I think you guys know what I mean :laugh: )

Josh Barnett. Another guy I have been watching since the beginning of his career. I honestly think he can beat Fedor. I hope he gets that fight. After a Fedor win I am sure the UFC will pony up to get him so he can take back his UFC title.

After those two I really like Big Nog, Anderson Silva, Wanderlie, and the list just builds from there.

I don't think so Mike. I think that is just the ppv preview starting up. They will run about a 20 minute preview on a loop until the fights start at 7.

Thank God. I dont get off work until 4:30. I was gonna have to get "coughcough" sick real fast...

Thank God. I dont get off work until 4:30. I was gonna have to get "coughcough" sick real fast...

:laugh:

You're good. No need to waste a sick day this time. Save those for the Lodon fights that air early. I think the next one is in June.

how much of that is the build up and storylines behind it all?

im going to guess about an hour..

and Diego almost looks like he's on something. look at those veins in his biceps.

The first fight should start pretty soon after 7PT. They will run a storyline loop from in the hours leading up to 7. Then they will give you the same interviews in between the fights.

The first fight should start pretty soon after 7PT. They will run a storyline loop from in the hours leading up to 7. Then they will give you the same interviews in between the fights.

Hold on a second here...

So if someone is ordering the fights on PPV, do they sit down to watch cagefighting at 7pm eastern time or 10pm eastern time? I hate this vague crap.

http://82.ufc.com/

The website says 7pm PST/10pm EST. "Live on PPV." I'm planning on the actual program beginning at ten 'o' freaking clock in the the state of Maryland.

You guys are screwing me all up with this talk. I am going to a friend's to watch it and about 5-6 people are gonna be there so we don't need any surprises.

I've noticed this too and I like it. The "sprawl and brawl" style is fine for an amatuer fighter that started their martial arts training with a striking art and is uncomfortable on the ground.

Chuck used to wrestle! That's why his takedown defense is so good. I'm surprised he doesn't like fighting on the ground. It'd be awesome to see him win by submission...just once...

:laugh: I know! I was hoping he'd put Wanderlei in a Kimura but of course, I didn't get my wish...

Exactly, I like the "sprawl and brawl" style. Not to take anything away from a good showdown between a couple of bjj artists though.

To me, wrestling is the core, it's what makes or breaks a fighter (for the most part).

A good jiu jitsu guy who can't wrestle will have a hard time taking guys down who don't want to go, but if you flip that and get a good wrestler who is also very good at jiu jitsu, he can be lethal (see Big Nog).

Same for strikers, a good striker who sucks at wrestling is not going to be able to stay on his feet and bang for most of the fight and is vulnerable to being taken down and submitted. Then the flip of that would be a guy like Chuck or even Urijah Faber to some extent, he's a proficient stiker with a fair number of (T)KO wins.