Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

don't give Dana any ideas :doh:

*prays dana doesn't read this thread* :laugh:

Oh how I'd LOVE for Saku to come in and kamura Chuck. Chuck is my boy but Saku is my favorite ever! Granted Saku would probably get dropped, it'd still be hella-entertaining.

Here's another one, Marvin Eastman beat Rampage in his first fight ever, so if Chuck beats Eastman - he gets the next shot at Rampage. Only makes sense.

I also wonder if BJ Penn would consider going up in weight to fight Silva. Or would Silva jump up in weight to fight Rampage if he ran out of people to fight?

BJ Penn has been training like mad to get into great shape which he is at 155. if he fought silva it would be at 185. silva would be too strong for BJ. not only that, the difference in reach would be insane. silva is smart enough to use his reach to his advantage. as talented as BJ is, there's only so muhc you can overcome in a fight.

when watching Anderson Silva vs. Henderson, was anyone else surprised by how much bigger Silva looked in the cage compared to Hendo?. i just remember it looking as if Silva was close to 200lbs in the cage.

BJ Penn has been training like mad to get into great shape which he is at 155. if he fought silva it would be at 185. silva would be too strong for BJ. not only that, the difference in reach would be insane. silva is smart enough to use his reach to his advantage. as talented as BJ is, there's only so muhc you can overcome in a fight.

when watching Anderson Silva vs. Henderson, was anyone else surprised by how much bigger Silva looked in the cage compared to Hendo?. i just remember it looking as if Silva was close to 200lbs in the cage.

wasnt he up that big to fight Matt Hughes? I may be mistaken..

Silva is a monster in there. He is pretty daggone big for sure..

I also wonder if BJ Penn would consider going up in weight to fight Silva. Or would Silva jump up in weight to fight Rampage if he ran out of people to fight?

I am anxiously awaiting for Silva's next move. If Lindland doesn't come in then Okami will probably get the next shot. He deserves it, after all, huh? KO'ing a washed-up Evan Tanner? Real indictive.

But I never liked BJ at welterweight. I think Silva dropping more weight would just be bad. Doesn't the guy walk around at over 200 lbs? BJ would have to get even puffier than he was at welterweight and chase down Anderson. Anderson would destroy him. I don't think Anderson will go any lower than 185.

But the idea of Rampage vs. Silva is what I salivate to see. I know Hendo lasted the whole 5 rounds with Rampage, but MMA math usually doesn't mean squat. Silva could throw the kitchen sink at Rampage, but 'Page is a sharp striker and can toss around non-wrestlers all day long. You see how easy it was for Hendo to get Anderson in the clinch? If that was Rampage, Anderson would have taken a 7 foot drop to the canvas. It would be an awesome fight. And if Anderson owned both the middle and LHW belt, he would have to be considered the greatest fighter MMA has ever seen.

**I'd also LOVE to see GSP move up and take on Anderson.

I am anxiously awaiting for Silva's next move. If Lindland doesn't come in then Okami will probably get the next shot. He deserves it, after all, huh? KO'ing a washed-up Evan Tanner? Real indictive.

But I never liked BJ at welterweight. I think Silva dropping more weight would just be bad. Doesn't the guy walk around at over 200 lbs? BJ would have to get even puffier than he was at welterweight and chase down Anderson. Anderson would destroy him. I don't think Anderson will go any lower than 185.

But the idea of Rampage vs. Silva is what I salivate to see. I know Hendo lasted the whole 5 rounds with Rampage, but MMA math usually doesn't mean squat. Silva could throw the kitchen sink at Rampage, but 'Page is a sharp striker and can toss around non-wrestlers all day long. You see how easy it was for Hendo to get Anderson in the clinch? If that was Rampage, Anderson would have taken a 7 foot drop to the canvas. It would be an awesome fight. And if Anderson owned both the middle and LHW belt, he would have to be considered the greatest fighter MMA has ever seen.

I dont agree with Penn or Silva losing or gaining the weight either I had just heard that rumor.

Yeah man, Silva and Rampage would be a slobber knocker. You just have to train for EVERYTHING with Silva because he throws kicks and knees faster then I can throw punches. and from every angle too!!

Anyone think that Coleman vs Lesnar is going to be an entertaining fight?

This just seems like the UFC trying to make Brock look like a great fighter by putting him against a fighter that would have DESTROYED him in his prime. If this was Coleman in his prime there would be NO question who would win here.

You're probably right, Coleman was an olympian while Lesnar didn't go. Although, he probably would have if he didn't go to the WWF. Still, that experience helps. The thing about it is, Lesnar isn't in his MMA prime yet, so comparing a rookie Lesnar to a prime Coleman is sort of unfair. Give Lesnar about 4 years and then you can compare. I really am anxious to see Lesnar stand up and strike with somebody. Doesn't look like we'll have that in this fight.

You're probably right, Coleman was an olympian while Lesnar didn't go. Although, he probably would have if he didn't go to the WWF. Still, that experience helps. The thing about it is, Lesnar isn't in his MMA prime yet, so comparing a rookie Lesnar to a prime Coleman is sort of unfair. Give Lesnar about 4 years and then you can compare. I really am anxious to see Lesnar stand up and strike with somebody. Doesn't look like we'll have that in this fight.

well i just think that the UFC is trying to pump up the name brock lesnar by putting him against fighters that are either past their prime (coleman) or out of the loop (mir) but still are big names to draw attention.

I know Mir is making a comeback but I am not sold on him being back yet.

Coleman though, back in the day that dude was AWESOME!! I still remember that pride fight where he basically put the guy in a reverse headlock and cranked his neck backwards until he went out...the man was sick..

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=11672

Breaking News: Evans Tabbed to Fight Liddell

Rashad Evans (Pictures) is expected to fight Chuck Liddell (Pictures) June 7 in London, England, Sherdog.com confirmed Wednesday.

The light heavyweight bout came together just one day after the UFC announced Mauricio Rua (Pictures) pulled out of the fight against Liddell (21-5) because of a ruptured ACL in his left knee.

Following losses to Quinton Jackson (Pictures) and Keith Jardine (Pictures), Liddell, 38, righted his ship with a decision win over Wanderlei Silva (Pictures) in late December.

Meanwhile, the 28-year-old Evans' last two appearances in the Octagon saw him draw Tito Ortiz (Pictures) after three rounds and take a split-decision over Michael Bisping (Pictures).

Evans had been rumored to fight Brazilian Thiago Silva (Pictures) May 24 in Las Vegas as part of the UFC 84 card

ooooh man, dont you love Rashad though double? (serious question).

That matchup sounds dangerous to me for Chuck..

Rashad is a good fighter but he better have an amazing gameplan. Chuck is most likely out for blood after Jardine picked him apart with leg kicks.

Rashad hasn't fought anybody near this high in his life. This will be a test and then some. If he can beat Chuck then Rashad will be in the mix for sure. Undefeated, drew Tito and beat Chuck? That's like slapping the main UFC attraction from 2006 right in the face.

But I don't think it will happen. Rashad is a good ground striker and can defend it as well. Standing up he can catch fools, but Chuck will most likely school him with some straight counters. This is a good matchup for Chuck. If he can walk through this it will make him gain momentum.

from the Josh Barnett vs. Yoshida match a couple of days ago:

Barnett won by tap out in the 3rd

****! I forgot about that event, I just read that Gomi beat Bang Ludwig by TKO broken nose.

Any clips of the Gomi fight or a link to it?

im pissed about that. what has rashad done to earn a fight wit Chuck? I was looking forward to seeing thiago rip rashad to pieces.

Yeah that is kind of lame. I fully expect Rashad to get knocked out. I don't think he's dragging a decision out of this fight.

__

Yeah that is kind of lame. I fully expect Rashad to get knocked out. I don't think he's dragging a decision out of this fight.

#99-

While I certainly look for the Iceman to win this one, I don't know if I expect a KO. Evans is a tough fighter to get a handle on in the octagon. He's never proven easy to strike before.

im pissed about that. what has rashad done to earn a fight wit Chuck? I was looking forward to seeing thiago rip rashad to pieces.

Me too. Silva was going to kill him. Hope Chuck goes after him and isn;t tenative like he was against Jardine

from the Josh Barnett vs. Yoshida match a couple of days ago:

ogevmf.gif

Barnett won by tap out in the 3rd

Textbook belly-to-back suplex. Barnett rules.

HUGE News here guys

http://mmamania.com/2008/03/06/report-fedor-emelianenko-seeks-m-1-divorce-and-willing-to-renegotiate-with-ufc/

ESPN “The Magazine” of all places is running a report that Fedor Emelianenko — considered among many as the top heavyweight fighter in mixed martial arts — will be a free agent again within the next week and will entertain offers from the UFC.

Here’s a snip from the Russian’s long-time manager, Apy Echteld:

“Officially, yes, Fedor will be a free agent…. We’re open to a discussion [with UFC]. If everybody is willing to put a little wine in the water, then we have something to work with. There is space for this to happen.”