Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

just wondering you guys fans of any fighters from korea and japan? they have some very good fighters. anyways here's an edited video of akiyama and misaki. They fought on new years eve in japan.

video

I liked Gomi a few years ago but lost interest lately. I seriously couldn't tell you what he's done lately. Kazushi Sakuraba is my favorite fighter ever!

Gomi fought couple days ago. here's the vid.

video

but yeah sakuraba is fun to watch

I like fighters that are entertaining, even in defeat. When Saku got KO'd by Wandie, I never budged. It was still a stand-up effort (literally) by Saku. My favorite fight ever is Saku vs. Rampage. Two guys that are probably the best characters MMA has ever seen. Bas is another, but he was mostly a Pancras fighter.

Gomi fought couple days ago. here's the vid.

video

God, when Gomi picks his spots he is insane. What an amazingly crushing 1-2 combination for the KO. You could see the guy's blood flow 2x as much as it was. I'd love to see Gomi vs. BJ. UFC needs this guy, bad.

I think BJ would win, but give Gomi 5 fights in the octagon and it may be a different story.

I like fighters that are entertaining, even in defeat. When Saku got KO'd by Wandie, I never budged. It was still a stand-up effort (literally) by Saku. My favorite fight ever is Saku vs. Rampage. Two guys that are probably the best characters MMA has ever seen. Bas is another, but he was mostly a Pancras fighter.

yeah i agree but i did think that saku and gracie's fight in last year's k-1 event in LA was sort of a let down. the fight shouldve been longer imo. however the other fight with manhoef and yoon dong sik was just sick, it's one of my favorite fights.

God, when Gomi picks his spots he is insane. What an amazingly crushing 1-2 combination for the KO. You could see the guy's blood flow 2x as much as it was. I'd love to see Gomi vs. BJ. UFC needs this guy, bad.

I think BJ would win, but give Gomi 5 fights in the octagon and it may be a different story.

BJ already choked him out once

yeah i agree but i did think that saku and gracie's fight in last year's k-1 event in LA was sort of a let down. the fight shouldve been longer imo. however the other fight with manhoef and yoon dong sik was just sick, it's one of my favorite fights.

No kidding. It was essentially going to be a grappling match. They should have let them fight 10 rounds. A 3 round fight did them no justice. Then Royce got busted for performance enhancers. Any video of the fight you mentioned?

No kidding. It was essentially going to be a grappling match. They should have let them fight 10 rounds. A 3 round fight did them no justice. Then Royce got busted for performance enhancers. Any video of the fight you mentioned?

here you go. enjoy!

vid

Although his opponent for WVR's May 18 card in Japan is still undecided, Randleman confirmed that he will face former UFC heavyweight contender and grappling circuit standout Jeff Monson (Pictures) (24-7) on June 21 in Charlotte, N.C., for the GFC.

Now, I am excited about this. I knew moving to Charlotte was going to pay off somehow!

My only problem is that I can find nothing about the GFC, the venue, or how to get tickets.

:mad:

As you all know, I have trained with and love American Top Team. Be sure to check them out on Ultimate Fight Night April 2nd. They have 3 fighters on the card:

Thiago "Pit Bull" Alves

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7699030471074276677&q=thiago+pit+bull&total=27&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Marcus "Maximus" Aurelio

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2460195647830323352&q=marcus+aurelio&total=52&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

Din "Dinyero" Thomas

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4570393524105302386&q=din+thomas&total=198&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Jeff "The Snowman" Monson is ATT, as well. I'll be cheering for him when he eventually fights Randleman.

Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante is a beast too.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1775216350348729784&q=gesias+jz&total=55&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

The Flying Knee around 2:43 is a MUST SEE.

JZ is fighting March 15th in Dreams. I believe it's the newly merged K-1 and Hero's. Anyone know how to watch it? I haven't heard anything about it on PPV.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/3920/wecs-marshall-training-intensely-hoping-for-california-fight.mma

Here's an article about Doug Marshall's training routine, he's going up against Brian Stann, both of these guys are more of sprawl-and-brawl type of fighters, they stand and bang but they aren't very technical on their feet, they just kind of throw wild haymakers and try to land.

But after reading this article I almost get the feeling that Marshall's going to go for a takedown and try to use his jiu jitsu to tap Stann out. He did win his last bout by armbar...then he acted like an ******* after the fight was over.

Watch out everyone, but don't hold your breath...

UFC Negotiating With Fedor For A One Fight Deal

http://www.mmafightline.com/news/2008/313/fedor_emelianenko_318666.shtml

Sources close to negotiations between the UFC and Fedor's management have informed MMAFightline.com that the two sides are currently discussing a possible one fight deal that would bring Fedor to the cage, presumably to face Randy Couture.

It is unknown whether Couture would end his lawsuit and come back to the UFC to face Fedor if the UFC were able to offer such a fight, but Couture has stated on numerous occasions that this is the only fight that makes sense at this stage of his career.

It should be noted that nothing is eminent at this point and negotiations are in the general discussion phase. If made, however, the deal would be unprecedented. The UFC is notorious for locking up fighters in long term deals and not allowing them to leave as champions. We'll have more on this story as it develops.