Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Good for Mark :applause:

Shapiro probably skimmed it and blew it off. What a little nerd-ass wannabe. He needs to do some actual research before he mouths off. Football, his favorite sport to write about, is completely and utterly more injury-riddled than MMA. Does he ever address that? His article is so pompously off base I don't even want to address it unless I can sit down with him and have a civil debate, which you know he'd be too insecure to do.

I'm going a step further and not even reading it. I found Cuban's piece before Shapiro's. I'm not going to waste my time reading Shapiro.

Fedor is officially a free agent again.

I still hope he stays out of the UFC for at least one fight. I think he needs to fight Josh Barnett, and I don't see that happening in the UFC.

http://mmamania.com/2008/03/26/mma-quick-quote-fedor-officially-a-free-agent-again/

“The group that formed M-1 Global is still together and we’re going to remain together and put on an MMA event. It won’t be under the name M-1 Global because that is definitely associated with Emelianenko Fedor and the Russians, and we’ve come to an agreement that we’re going to part ways…. We have different philosophies. It’s just the way that it is. For me, I’m not as concerned about all the glitz and the glamour of the show; I just want to have good fights and I want to make money. That was my goal.”

– Monte Cox — President and CEO of M-1 Global — confirms that Fedor Emelianenko is now free to sign on with another MMA promotion if he desires in a Sherdog.com interview. The Russian and American sides never saw eye-to-eye, and as a result, Fedor never competed under the M-1 Global banner. Most recently it was reported that ProElite offered Fedor a four-fight, incentive-laden contract; however, no decision has been made on his next home. Naturally, reports are indicating that his management team is also speaking with the UFC, as well as Japanese organizations overseas. Stay tuned.

suck that Fihlo won't be fighting tonight, but every WEC card thus far has been great in terms of the quality of the fights.

Some good fights last night. The Sergio Gomez Rich Crunkilton fight was a hell of a war.

Also, I'm ready to see more of Chael Sonnen, this guy can wrestle like no other and just doesn't gas out, he completely dominated Fihlo in that last bout and the way Fihlo won was controversial, I'm pissed that we didn't see the rematch but it was cool of him to step in and take this other fight given that he could've lost and been out of title contention.

Anyone else pumped about Faber vs. Pulver?

Some good fights last night. The Sergio Gomez Rich Crunkilton fight was a hell of a war.

Also, I'm ready to see more of Chael Sonnen, this guy can wrestle like no other and just doesn't gas out, he completely dominated Fihlo in that last bout and the way Fihlo won was controversial, I'm pissed that we didn't see the rematch but it was cool of him to step in and take this other fight given that he could've lost and been out of title contention.

Anyone else pumped about Faber vs. Pulver?

Sonnen must have absolutely zero power. he hit Baker with tons of clean shots from guard and couldn't finish the guy. Baker was clearly out of his league, with only 6 fights on his resume, he should still be on the small shows building his name up. I can't name any one thing he did positive in that fight.

Faber vs. Pulver will be good. Pulver has great boxing and his wrestling is solid. he'll give Faber a test, but i think Faber pulls it out

So Nick Diaz is in the news again. The CSAC isn't going to give him a license to fight for this weekend because he has a medical marijuana card.

Bunch of BS. These commissions have no idea what they are doing.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=12007

He could just stop smoking weed a couple of weeks before the event. How sad is it that he can't even do that?

So Nick Diaz is in the news again. The CSAC isn't going to give him a license to fight for this weekend because he has a medical marijuana card.

I think an important question to be asked would be....WHY does Nick Diaz possess and "need" a medical marijuana card? Does he have some terminal cancer we haven't been told about?

Coming from the armpit of California "Stockton" I am not shocked to see it. I wouldnt be suprised also if his younger brother ends up in the same boat.

Great fighters though...

I think an important question to be asked would be....WHY does Nick Diaz possess and "need" a medical marijuana card? Does he have some terminal cancer we haven't been told about?

It is in the story if you click on it.

Besides, it should be about what his "need" is. That is a medical issue. Personal, not public information. It is a prescription from a doctor. That should be good enough. If it isn't, than your problem is with doctors, not the patient.

It is in the story if you click on it.

Besides, it should be about what his "need" is. That is a medical issue. Personal, not public information. It is a prescription from a doctor. That should be good enough. If it isn't, than your problem is with doctors, not the patient.

LOL, oh-tay, he's using marijuana for ADD.........Good Lord.

I know Diaz is an organic eater and probably wants to use natural, herbal rememdies for his ADD :rolleyes: Whatever. From the article it sounds like the commission needed more time to investigate the validity of his medical marijuana prescription and make sure it is being legitimately used in compliance with their anti-doping rules. What's wrong with that???

LOL, oh-tay, he's using marijuana for ADD.........Good Lord.

Doctor recommended. You a doctor?

I know first hand there are bad doctors out there. They don't know everything, but that doesn't mean you can fault a patient for taking something prescribed to him by his personal physician. Though I am skeptical about some doctor's pratices, I am willing to concede that they may know more than me about certain things.

This really has to do with your individual feeling about pot. Some people don't think it is a big deal at all. Some people think it will make you think your dog is talking to you and make you run over kids at the drive thru.

I know Diaz is an organic eater and probably wants to use natural, herbal rememdies for his ADD :rolleyes: Whatever. From the article it sounds like the commission needed more time to investigate the validity of his medical marijuana prescription and make sure it is being legitimately used in compliance with their anti-doping rules. What's wrong with that???

What wrong is that Diaz provided the info when it was asked for. He never tried to hide it, and he is willing to pass a drug test. As lon as you pass you should be fine.

Nick Diaz was going to make $50,000 this weekend. That is a lot of money. Money I am sure he needs. The guy still lives with his parents. They should let him earn his living.

I am pretty sure this is a first for the UFC to deal with a fighter who has had to deal with a fighter that has a weed card. They are probably holding him out until they get everything clear and arent going to be held accountable or be able to have a lawsuit against them if he gets injured or God forbid worse in the ring. If he got seriously injured and he tried to sue them because he was "stoned" and they knew it, they would be screwed.

Once they come to a conclusion I am sure they will let him fight again. Or maybe not. Maybe they will make it that they dont want people with weed cards to fight in their company. Its their company after all..

I am pretty sure this is a first for the UFC to deal with a fighter who has had to deal with a fighter that has a weed card. They are probably holding him out until they get everything clear and arent going to be held accountable or be able to have a lawsuit against them if he gets injured or God forbid worse in the ring. If he got seriously injured and he tried to sue them because he was "stoned" and they knew it, they would be screwed.

Once they come to a conclusion I am sure they will let him fight again. Or maybe not. Maybe they will make it that they dont want people with weed cards to fight in their company. Its their company after all..

Not sure what you are talking about, Mike. The UFC is not involved. The company is EliteXC and they want Nick to fight, The California State Athletic Commission are the ones not letting him fight.

Not sure what you are talking about, Mike. The UFC is not involved. The company is EliteXC and they want Nick to fight, The California State Athletic Commission are the ones not letting him fight.

my bad then...EXC and the CSAC. dont nitpick me man you know what the point was.

my bad then...EXC and the CSAC. dont nitpick me man you know what the point was.

I thought I did, but I you mentioned that it is up to the company. The company wants him in. The State is keeping him out. I thought that needed pointing out.

Doctor recommended. You a doctor?

I know first hand there are bad doctors out there. They don't know everything, but that doesn't mean you can fault a patient for taking something prescribed to him by his personal physician. Though I am skeptical about some doctor's pratices, I am willing to concede that they may know more than me about certain things.

This really has to do with your individual feeling about pot. Some people don't think it is a big deal at all. Some people think it will make you think your dog is talking to you and make you run over kids at the drive thru.

What wrong is that Diaz provided the info when it was asked for. He never tried to hide it, and he is willing to pass a drug test. As lon as you pass you should be fine.

Nick Diaz was going to make $50,000 this weekend. That is a lot of money. Money I am sure he needs. The guy still lives with his parents. They should let him earn his living.

Nope, not yet, but I'm headed to med. school once I finish my current degree. I've worked with multiple physicians though and am quite familiar with the practice of furnishing medical marijuana cards here in California and yes, I'm very skeptical of Diaz being supplied marijuana for ADD. In fact, I'm very skeptical about these cards in general b/c there is such widespread abuse. I can honestly say I do not know one LEGITIMATE physician who prescribes marijuana outside of the realm of severe chronic pain cases and terminal cancer.

Whatever though, that's obviously my personal bias against marijuana use for psychological issues, especially since there is peer-reviewed scientific literature on the longterm psychosis-inducing effects of marijuana.

Regardless, I fully support the comission's decision to revoke Diaz's right to fight in this event until they have more time to investigate all circumstances surrounding his use of a drug they have banned. If, in fact, they conclude that this is a legit prescription, fine, let him fight, no problem. But I think you are failing to recognize that this is a major grey area among the both the rule-making entities of the MMA world as well as the medical community in general. The commission certainly needs time to investigate this matter and make a sound, well-thought out decision in a matter that is so controversial.

And please, don't give me this poor Diaz is still living at home crap. How long has this guy fought in pro-fights? How many sponsors does this guy have? If he can't move out and rent a frickin' apartment with the money he's made over the past few years, that's HIS fault. I'm sorry, but I just don't have a lot of pity for that argument, especially since one of my friends is a pro-fighter out of Gresham and he's working in WAY smaller shows but has still managed to make it on his own without having to live with his parents.