Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Bodog Fight's Strikeforce is on tonight. Bob Sapp fights some 6'11' dude that's 25-17. Lot of beef will be in the ring.

K-1 fighter Rick Roufus is making his MMA debut against a 10-10 dude. That should be a nice 'ole sloppy match.

Joe Diesel Riggs fights 12-2 Cory Devela. Should be the fight of the night.

Enjoy on a relatively off-weekend for fights. I believe Kim Couture fights tonight, might want to check out HDNet or Sopcast/TVU for that.

OK..who is Kim Couture? are they related to Randy?

and what station are these on? PPV?

I'm looking on the Strikeforce website and it says nothing about the telecast, but I'm sure you can watch it online. Do you have Sopcast/TVUplayer?

Kim is Randy's wife. She looks real fragile and is a doll, but she will be fighting tonight. I believe HDNet carries that fight. Lemme do a little research while I'm sitting here.

Kim is Randy's wife. She looks real fragile and is a doll, but she will be fighting tonight.

Just a quick note, Kim's fight is strictly a Muay Thai fight. She's been training with Gina Carano for several months now so she may do pretty good.

Also, Kim is going to debut in an MMA bout in April I believe, I'll have to check up on that.

thanks double!!

and why am i so turned on by the thought of 2 women fighting muay thai?

i was in pattyah beach in 93 and they have rings in practically every bar there and they fight constantly. pretty cool and the fighters fight for strictly tips..

Seein them roll around in MMA is even better. :laugh: Gina Carano is one good looking girl. You'll probably see her in Kim's corner tonight.

gina_reddress.jpg

Me with Gina ;);) (just playin)

138860.jpg

WOW!!!

you fight dont you double?

I do but it's hard to keep my stamina up nowadays with a full time job in my way. Essentially unsanctioned kickboxing matches with 12 ounce gloves these days. :laugh: Gotta stay away from the full-on muay thai that I grew up with because I'm not in a position to deal with medical bills from knees and elbows. Because of our (my friends and I) financial positions we usually stop when someone gets dinged real good. Same goes with bad cuts.

Still learning Jiu Jitsu and I gotta get better wrestling if I ever want to be good.

I do but it's hard to keep my stamina up nowadays with a full time job in my way. Essentially unsanctioned kickboxing matches with 12 ounce gloves these days. :laugh: Gotta stay away from the full-on muay thai that I grew up with because I'm not in a position to deal with medical bills from knees and elbows. Because of our (my friends and I) financial positions we usually stop when someone gets dinged real good. Same goes with bad cuts.

Still learning Jiu Jitsu and I gotta get better wrestling if I ever want to be good.

Im sorry dude I didnt hear a word you were saying I was still staring at that picture.. :laugh:

just playing...thats sick man. i wish they had this stuff around when I was younger. if i wanted to get into it now at 34 almost 35 it would be for nothing more then keeping in shape and a hobby. and in the office atmosphere i am in they probably wouldnt be too cool with me coming in with broken noses/fat lips or black eyes.

Im sorry dude I didnt hear a word you were saying I was still staring at that picture.. :laugh:

just playing...thats sick man. i wish they had this stuff around when I was younger. if i wanted to get into it now at 34 almost 35 it would be for nothing more then keeping in shape and a hobby. and in the office atmosphere i am in they probably wouldnt be too cool with me coming in with broken noses/fat lips or black eyes.

hahaha, don't google her or you won't hear a word the rest of your life.

Well, you look at someone like Kimbo Slice. I think he's the same age and just started seriously training. Of course he has fighting experience from the street but the cat might be contending for the bigtime, soon. Even if you're 35, you can still set a goal to win an amature event within the next 2 or 3 years. Older athletes are doing awesome in MMA. Partly because it's growing and partly because athleticism in MMA doesn't require you to run around on bad knees like other sports. I totally agree with you on the workplace thing. I worked in a courthouse office 2 years ago and burned a lot of sick leave because of the slightest bumps on my face.

hahaha, don't google her or you won't hear a word the rest of your life.

Well, you look at someone like Kimbo Slice. I think he's the same age and just started seriously training. Of course he has fighting experience from the street but the cat might be contending for the bigtime, soon. Even if you're 35, you can still set a goal to win an amature event within the next 2 or 3 years. Older athletes are doing awesome in MMA. Partly because it's growing and partly because athleticism in MMA doesn't require you to run around on bad knees like other sports. I totally agree with you on the workplace thing. I worked in a courthouse office 2 years ago and burned a lot of sick leave because of the slightest bumps on my face.

oh yeah, but kimbo is somewhat of a "natural fighter". just his stance and the pure power behind his hands shows it. i dont know how far he is going to get though once he has to face a pure MMA fighter. Even Gannon got him in a simple gullatine(sp). I know they had agreed to NOT use MMA but he got gassed real fast and was put in that move too easily. I think it would be cool to see him fight Lesnar..

oh yeah, but kimbo is somewhat of a "natural fighter". just his stance and the pure power behind his hands shows it. i dont know how far he is going to get though once he has to face a pure MMA fighter. Even Gannon got him in a simple gullatine(sp). I know they had agreed to NOT use MMA but he got gassed real fast and was put in that move too easily. I think it would be cool to see him fight Lesnar..

Truthfully I think Lesnar would eat him for lunch. He'd shoot right in to Kimbo and make it a wrestling match. That's a huge, very athletic NCAA National Champion. I understand people want the two new guys to fight, but I think a standup war is something we wouldn't see.

It's funny when you hear Kimbo talk about his street fights because he talks about how he smoked a good amount of blunts every day and only lifted weights and hit the heavy bag. Dude did not have any cardio. In one of his fights, after about a minute he's like "MAN LET ME CATCH MY BREATH". The dude is basically laying there busted up but Kimbo was leaning hands on his knees. I think he's a dangerous striker but putting him up against any kind of real good wrestler will probably be bad right now.

Truthfully I think Lesnar would eat him for lunch. He'd shoot right in to Kimbo and make it a wrestling match. That's a huge, very athletic NCAA National Champion. I understand people want the two new guys to fight, but I think a standup war is something we wouldn't see.

It's funny when you hear Kimbo talk about his street fights because he talks about how he smoked a good amount of blunts every day and only lifted weights and hit the heavy bag. Dude did not have any cardio. In one of his fights, after about a minute he's like "MAN LET ME CATCH MY BREATH". The dude is basically laying there busted up but Kimbo was leaning hands on his knees. I think he's a dangerous striker but putting him up against any kind of real good wrestler will probably be bad right now.

I agree. I have heard he has been working on conditioning and his ground game but he has ALOT of work from what little I have seen. Brock got caught by Mir but it looked in my opinion like he could have gotten that fight if he would have just done a few things differently. he has strong hands and an ubelievable wrestling game but he has to work the grappling in my opinion. if he can get any jui-jitsu down he will be a force to reckon with.

i also thought when he was in the WWE that he had to have been on the juice. but after seeing his Minnesota wrestling tapes that dude was huge even then!! how strict is the UFC on testing for performance enhancing drugs?

I agree. I have heard he has been working on conditioning and his ground game but he has ALOT of work from what little I have seen. Brock got caught by Mir but it looked in my opinion like he could have gotten that fight if he would have just done a few things differently. he has strong hands and an ubelievable wrestling game but he has to work the grappling in my opinion. if he can get any jui-jitsu down he will be a force to reckon with.

i also thought when he was in the WWE that he had to have been on the juice. but after seeing his Minnesota wrestling tapes that dude was huge even then!! how strict is the UFC on testing for performance enhancing drugs?

I think Mir was caught off guard but it's true, Brock did impress a hell of a lot of people. We have yet to see him throw his standup arsenal and yes the question remains, does he have anything but a scary G&P?

And I thought the same thing about him in the WWE. I thought he was the poster child for steroids. As far as I know, the UFC does tests before and after each fight. They even suspended and took away Sean Sherk's lightweight title last year. They suspended his opponent in that fight Hermes Franca, also.

I think Mir was caught off guard but it's true, Brock did impress a hell of a lot of people. We have yet to see him throw his standup arsenal and yes the question remains, does he have anything but a scary G&P?

And I thought the same thing about him in the WWE. I thought he was the poster child for steroids. As far as I know, the UFC does tests before and after each fight. They even suspended and took away Sean Sherk's lightweight title last year. They suspended his opponent in that fight Hermes Franca, also.

yeah and Ricco Rodriguez too if my memory is correct. I mean, no man is as big as Brock I thought. And he was such a babyface that you couldnt tell me he didnt juice at least 1 or 2 cycles.

I honestly dont think Mir is going to get back to the top again after falling so hard like he did after his accident but I hope I am wrong. Brock impressed me but he is going to have to get more technique and be able to escape holds like that. Sure Mir is known for it, but you see people get caught in holds all the time and just ride it out..sometimes.

yeah and Ricco Rodriguez too if my memory is correct. I mean, no man is as big as Brock I thought. And he was such a babyface that you couldnt tell me he didnt juice at least 1 or 2 cycles.

I honestly dont think Mir is going to get back to the top again after falling so hard like he did after his accident but I hope I am wrong. Brock impressed me but he is going to have to get more technique and be able to escape holds like that. Sure Mir is known for it, but you see people get caught in holds all the time and just ride it out..sometimes.

I sure hope Mir gets back up there, too. Gotta like the guy, he knows his stuff and I actually like him as a commentator for EliteXC, too. He's surprised me the way he's looked after a femur injury. Brock not at least having old traces of roids is amazing, but it shows great genetics and work ethic to be so monsterous. I think if that translates in to learning tecniques he should be fine. One thing that sticks in my mind is that he seems like a sporting journeyman now. Trying out for the Vikings and getting cut, coming to MMA and talking major smack, only to get leg locked.

I sure hope Mir gets back up there, too. Gotta like the guy, he knows his stuff and I actually like him as a commentator for EliteXC, too. He's surprised me the way he's looked after a femur injury. Brock not at least having old traces of roids is amazing, but it shows great genetics and work ethic to be so monsterous. I think if that translates in to learning tecniques he should be fine. One thing that sticks in my mind is that he seems like a sporting journeyman now. Trying out for the Vikings and getting cut, coming to MMA and talking major smack, only to get leg locked.

yep..I said the same thing about Brock. I hope he tries to stick things out and give this a shot because he has as good a shot as anyone else.

I didnt know you could commentate for other competing shows like EliteXC and still fight in the UFC. didnt BJ Penn get shunned for fighting outside the UFC even though his contract was up?

yep..I said the same thing about Brock. I hope he tries to stick things out and give this a shot because he has as good a shot as anyone else.

I didnt know you could commentate for other competing shows like EliteXC and still fight in the UFC. didnt BJ Penn get shunned for fighting outside the UFC even though his contract was up?

I dunno about BJ...EliteXC is owned by the UFC. It's basically the AAA minor league to the big show.

even though he was in WWE, by all accounts, Brock has never used steroids. he wasn't that much bigger in WWE than he was in his college wrestling days and ncaa's test notoriously, and he never came up with anything. i don't think Brock was on steroids at any point, he seems to be a natural genetic freak

even though he was in WWE, by all accounts, Brock has never used steroids. he wasn't that much bigger in WWE than he was in his college wrestling days and ncaa's test notoriously, and he never came up with anything. i don't think Brock was on steroids at any point, he seems to be a natural genetic freak

Very true. I just know that McMahon probably dangles a needle in front of wrestlers' faces with a cool 1 mil behind it all the time. I mean look at Benoit. The controversy was roid rage, but that's it. Nobody talked about how McMahon could be a serial killer. People still do it in the WWE and it's not an issue at all, which is a whole different debate. I wouldn't be surprised if Brock did take something here and there, but as long as he's clean now.

No matter what the guy should probably be the next Terminator.

Very true. I just know that McMahon probably dangles a needle in front of wrestlers' faces with a cool 1 mil behind it all the time. I mean look at Benoit. The controversy was roid rage, but that's it. Nobody talked about how McMahon could be a serial killer. People still do it in the WWE and it's not an issue at all, which is a whole different debate. I wouldn't be surprised if Brock did take something here and there, but as long as he's clean now.

No matter what the guy should probably be the next Terminator.

i got an ongoing bet about just when McMahon's heart is goin to explode from all the roid's he's taken himself :laugh:

i got an ongoing bet about just when McMahon's heart is goin to explode from all the roid's he's taken himself :laugh:

I hate saying this but, QFT.

The veins in his neck are thicker than my thumbs. I remember as a tike the guy was a skinny little announcer that got thrown around. Now he looks like he takes horsey growth hormone.

I'm excited about Brock's MMA career, although he lost to Mir (possibly because Mazzagatti is paranoid about back-of-the-head strikes) he's very athletic and seems to have a nice career ahead of him.