Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Mirko Cro Cop to make "big announcement" tomorrow, Wed Feb 13th

MMA fans around the net are getting ancy about Cro Cops two latest blogs. Here they are...

I'm off to Japan!

I'm off to Tokyo!

A big announcement will come straight from Japan tomorrow (February 13).

When the official part is done I'll be able to provide more information about everything,

and believe me, I have many things to say.

What you could easily guess by now is that I won't be retiring.

I'll keep on fighting, it's my life, it's what I do.

Please be patient, statement coming up soon ...

I promised to share some news with you today and I feel bad by not doing so. There are some reasons for this that I can't speak of at the moment. However, I promise to make the statement as soon as possible. Thank you for supporting me and I hope that little more patience is not too much to ask.

pretty good WEC card on wed. night

It's going to be nothing but pure action-packed with so many lightweight/bantam weight bouts. Can't wait for it.

Mirko Cro Cop to make "big announcement" tomorrow, Wed Feb 13th

MMA fans around the net are getting ancy about Cro Cops two latest blogs. Here they are...

I'm off to Japan!

I'm off to Tokyo!

A big announcement will come straight from Japan tomorrow (February 13).

When the official part is done I'll be able to provide more information about everything,

and believe me, I have many things to say.

What you could easily guess by now is that I won't be retiring.

I'll keep on fighting, it's my life, it's what I do.

Please be patient, statement coming up soon ...

I promised to share some news with you today and I feel bad by not doing so. There are some reasons for this that I can't speak of at the moment. However, I promise to make the statement as soon as possible. Thank you for supporting me and I hope that little more patience is not too much to ask.

Maybe a big fight coming up? I hope so. Cro Cop is one of my all-time favorites and he'll be back to old form soon, I guarantee that.

Maybe a big fight coming up? I hope so. Cro Cop is one of my all-time favorites and he'll be back to old form soon, I guarantee that.

Could be that he's leaving the UFC. He might have a lot of beef with them, the way it sounds. Hopefully, he doesn't try to expose something crazy like a steroid problem with American fighters or something. I hope it's something that will give us a sigh of relief. I'd love to see Cro Cop come back and get the belt. The comeback of the century.

Could be that he's leaving the UFC. He might have a lot of beef with them, the way it sounds. Hopefully, he doesn't try to expose something crazy like a steroid problem with American fighters or something. I hope it's something that will give us a sigh of relief. I'd love to see Cro Cop come back and get the belt. The comeback of the century.

I think Cro Cop has 2 fights left on his UFC contract but I would LOVE to see him leave and go to M1.

There are also rumors about Tim Sylvia and Andre Arlovski leaving and going to M1.

Imagine Cro Cop, Sylvia, Arlovski, Fedor all in M1, and you know Randy would go there too.

I miss seeing fighters fight in a ring anyway.

I think it M1's HW division were that stacked they could get quality fighters from other weight divisions to come over too.

Cro Cop did leave the UFC:

http://mmajunkie.com/2008/02/13/mirko-cro-cop-filipovic-leaves-ufc-signs-with-new-organization/

Not a surprise here. Glad he moved on actually

Yep. Sad. I wish he stayed and tried to make a comeback. This only makes him look bad, IMO. He couldn't cut it in the UFC so he left. He'll probably site some money issue or something but he still got owned in the UFC.

i don't like the move by CroCop. its shows weakness on his part. he came to the UFC didn't have the results he hoped for and now he's running instead of working harder to get better.

WEC card is goin to be great. they may not have the big names, but they have put on some damn good cards in the past

i don't like the move by CroCop. its shows weakness on his part. he came to the UFC didn't have the results he hoped for and now he's running instead of working harder to get better.

WEC card is goin to be great. they may not have the big names, but they have put on some damn good cards in the past

Is the WEC on tonight? I'm looking forward to the Kimbo/Abbott bar fight on Saturday.

If it's true that Dana White wanted him to take a pay-cut or sit out his last few fights then it was a good move IMO.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Dana and the UFC were up to something like that given the Randy incident and more recently the Tim Sylvia comments.

If it's true that Dana White wanted him to take a pay-cut or sit out his last few fights then it was a good move IMO.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Dana and the UFC were up to something like that given the Randy incident and more recently the Tim Sylvia comments.

it probably was a money issue, but i don't think CroCop wants to fight in the UFC right now.

i must've missed Sylvia's comments, can u give a quick recap of what he said?

it probably was a money issue, but i don't think CroCop wants to fight in the UFC right now.

i must've missed Sylvia's comments, can u give a quick recap of what he said?

He posted the below quote on his own web site a few days ago:

i have one fight left on my contract i want to stay with the ufc but i am going to go were the money is right now Brock is making more m0ney then me that has to change i have a better name then him and i am a better fighter then him, in case u didn’t know my manager runs m1 so i have a pretty good in so we will see what happens in the next few months.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/02/08/tim-sylvia-leaving-ufc-for-m-1-global/

___

It's funny because their HW division was seriously stacked a few months ago and now it looks as if it's falling apart.

Here's the video of Cro Cop's presser, he starts talking at the 6 minute mark:

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=1444

He says he's not leaving the UFC because he lost twice in a row. He says he doesn't like to fight in the cage, and he likes fighting in Japan because it's his second home.

He DOES go on to say, that one day he is "definitely going back to the UFC to show that it was just a bad period for [him]".

He says he's not leaving the UFC because he lost twice in a row. He says he doesn't like to fight in the cage, and he likes fighting in Japan because it's his second home.

He DOES go on to say, that one day he is "definitely going back to the UFC to show that it was just a bad period for [him]".

Cool, thanks man. I had a feeling it had to do with the cage and all. Personally I like the ring better so I don't mind his move I just hope he gets some good competition over there.

He won't come back. Perhaps we'll see him fight Couture though.