Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Yeah... something weird about that fight. 

I don't think there was anything weird. Because if there was anything weird, that puts Alpha Male's integrity in question, and that is the last group of guys that I would question.

All Rogan can say is "Wow." This was the best card I've seen in a long time. Congrats to Conor. Kudos to Mendes.

Incredible care. That's all I can say.

He only had 3 weeks to prepare. Edgar and Jose both beat Connor.

Good point. And I honestly thought that Mendes was just as hard of a fight would have been as Edgar. I love Frankie, but Chad is a tough SOB, with an element that Conor has never seen.

Maybe Connor broke Chad's rib?

I would not be surprised. Those early body shots were nasty.

I don't think there was anything weird. Because if there was anything weird, that puts Alpha Male's integrity in question, and that is the last group of guys that I would question.

I just watched the obviously faster stronger fighter that has had wars in the UFC gas from being on top in round 2.  Somethings off.  Best case scenario, Chad didn't have time to get in fight shape or he had an early injury.

Bottom line that wasn't the Chad Mendes we've seen before.   

• Like 1

People keep talking **** about McGregor.

Mendez went for a finish and let Conor up. I commend him for that, better than the typical 5 round lay on top method that bores everyone to death.

It's not about talking **** about McGregor but he was getting dominated until Chad gassed. Aldo would murder him and I'm sure Frankie would put him to work too. I like the guy but he just doesn't impress me as a fighter.

I just watched the obviously faster stronger fighter that has had wars in the UFC gas from being on top in round 2. Somethings off. Best case scenario, Chad didn't have time to get in fight shape or he had an early injury.

Bottom line that wasn't Chad Mendes.

Chad took the fight on two weeks notice. Edgar will take Connor down easily. Jose also has great takedowns and amazing guard passing.
  • Like 1

I just watched the obviously faster stronger fighter that has had wars in the UFC gas from being on top in round 2.  Somethings off.  Best case scenario, Chad didn't have time to get in fight shape and came in woefully unprepared.   

I don't know about faster. Absolutely stronger.

Conor hit some huge body shots early, and apparently they took their toll.

I think you are looking into this too much, but we will have to disagree. Let's listen to some Bob Seger and hug it out.

Conor hit some huge body shots early, and apparently they took their toll.

I think you are looking into this too much, but we will have to disagree. Let's listen to some Bob Seger and hug it out.

yeah i think those early body shot ****ed up Mendes' night entirely

Conro's a damn good fighter

He had a massive reach disadvantage and managed to land punches and score huge take downs with ease.  He was MUCH faster.  If we only look at hand speed, maybe it's a conversation.  

The speed differential between Connor and Aldo is going to be significant.