Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I am still not sure what to make of Rory's long term forecast as far as what UFC would like to hope he becomes. He is one of those guys that will always be above "middle of the pack" but I don't like what I see from him when he gets pressured by folks who can defend his wrestling. 

• Like 1

A lot of people underestimating Conor, simply because of the wrestling aspect.

It's funny - you don't see people automatically picking the superior wrestler in other fights.

Wrestling is a non-issue if you can't take the guy down.

Who knows, maybe Conor's takedown defense is great, and that's all he needs.

I do like Chad, and I like his camp, so this isn't biased, but I'm picking Conor.

Despite public opinion, Conor is extremely smart, so don't underestimate his ability to gameplan against Mendes's strengths.

Conor keeps it standing, just long enough, to "dispatch" Chad :P

I'm also going to go against the grain, and pick against Lawler.

I'm goin with Rory, because I feel Rory has the advantage in the 5 round fight, even though Lawler has more experience in 5-round fights.

In his extensive experience in 5-round fights, we've seen a very up and down Lawler during the course of those long fights.

And Lawler's win against Rory last time, was 3-rounds.

I think Rory takes advantage of Lawler's inconsistencies in 5-round fights.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Connor McGregor (T)KO- If he's what he says he is, he can survive the switch and do his job.

Rory Dec.- He's got a bigger toolbox than Lawler. He won't let his chin wag and he'll be better conditioned for late aggression.

So this is the futre of the UFC? Black with white trunks vs white with black trunks? How exciting.

Are the fights normally $70 now? I've watched most cards on streams for the past few years and the last one I bought was $50. Did they really go up that much?

The last one I got, 187, was $70. I don't know when they raised them.

So this is the futre of the UFC? Black with white trunks vs white with black trunks? How exciting.

The last one I got, 187, was $70. I don't know when they raised them.

makes the in-cage ads stand out, ads that the fighters don't benefit from by the way

I think they raised the price for Jones/Cormier and made it permanent

Edited by StillUnknown

Dana White probably looked at all the people who paid $100 for Mayweather - Pacquiao and figured they could get away with it.

He can get away with it tonight because Connor has turned himself into a legit star, but for the typical UFC PPV, i think it will lead to more people just skipping. 

He can get away with it tonight because Connor has turned himself into a legit star, but for the typical UFC PPV, i think it will lead to more people just skipping. 

Yeah they can do it for cards with 2 title fights. Not sure how it will fly with a card like some of the ones last year, like something with Mighty Mouse headlining.

Oh that's awesome! I was thinking that Ireland was probably going crazy today.

Yep. Fight doesn't start till 5am over here and I'd say 75% of people I've talked to are staying up for it. Majority of them (me included) hardly have a clue about the sport. Know a good few who've traveled to Vegas too. Its mental. 

I'm just intrigued to see what way things go when he eventually loses if anything. Going to be one hell of a comedown. 

Yep. Fight doesn't start till 5am over here and I'd say 75% of people I've talked to are staying up for it. Majority of them (me included) hardly have a clue about the sport. Know a good few who've traveled to Vegas too. Its mental.

I'm just intrigued to see what way things go when he eventually loses if anything. Going to be one hell of a comedown.

If he wins I bet you guys will be partying lol.

• Like 1