Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Aldo may find himself in the extremely awkward, uncomfortable, and bittersweet position of pulling for McGregor, against Mendes. Because you gotta believe he must really want to fight McGregor in his next fight.

It's hard to believe no-one is talking about the co-main at all.

Lawler-MacDonald is probably going to be just as exciting as the main.

But maybe I'm biased, because I like both fighters a lot.

It's a rare fight, where I won't be disappointed at all, no matter who wins.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

McGregor oozes so much confidence, that I'm beyond intrigued about this situation. Mendes' heavy hands, the wrestling that Conor hasn't faced, and the short notice on Conor's behalf, make him facing adversity likely. If he runs through Mendes, then holy jumping ****balls, Batman. Yes, Mendes is on short notice too, but to me, Conor is the most hyped fighter of all time. He hasn't been punched in the mouth or taken down and been on the defensive in general in his UFC career. I really want Mendes to clinch as much as possible, make it a grinder.

The derailment that could take place would surpass Overeem's as he was climbing the HW ladder a couple years ago.

And yes Mal_Dep, Lawler vs. MacDonald is WAY under the radar. Rory is a hyped fighter in his own right, and to me Lawler is hot and cold on a round to round basis. Thinking Rory beats him this time.

Unfortunately, I suspect Rory will win a decision via the GSP Safety Dance. Take no chances, take no punches.

When has he fought like that ? He's typically aggressive and well-rounded.

MacDonald is very calculated - but definitely never to the point of fighting scared, timid, or even tentative.

I guarantee he'll be a lot more exciting than Hendrick's crotch-diving show, he put on against Lawler.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

When has he fought like that ? He's typically aggressive and well-rounded.

MacDonald is very calculated - but definitely never to the point of fighting scared, timid, or even tentative.

I guarantee he'll be a lot more exciting than Hendrick's crotch-diving show, he put on against Lawler.

Well he sure wasn't the last time Robbie beat the snot out of him.

Exactly. That's why this time he won't take chances with his chin. He'll pick and move or lay and pray... or both.

BTW- I don't care what he does. I just want to see him try Condit again.  :)

Edited by Chachie

Lawler dropped Rory in the third round, but didn't Rory win round 2, and Lawler edged round 1? I remember Rory not taking a lot of damage after getting caught, either. The big punch was easily the most memorable part of the fight. Robbie always has that **** in his back pocket. Nobody is safe, believe that.

Lawler dropped Rory in the third round, but didn't Rory win round 2, and Lawler edged round 1? I remember Rory not taking a lot of damage after getting caught, either. The big punch was easily the most memorable part of the fight. Robbie always has that **** in his back pocket. Nobody is safe, believe that.

Rory will NOT test that back pocket again, believe that.  :)

I don't remember Rory doing any damage. He won his rounds by take downs, but it was a close fight.

I'm not too impressed by Rory's wins, Woodley is extremely hot and cold, Ellenburg is a pretender. I think his Tarec win was fantastic especially the manner in which he won it, but it was very competitive before he landed that punch on Tarec.

Rory will NOT test that back pocket again, believe that. :)

Sometimes it's not a matter of testing it, it's a matter of not being able to prevent it. A failed takedown, and not being the greatest standup fighter in the world, could equal fist to face. I hope for Rory's sake he completely dominates. When Lawler mounts some offense, it can get scary fast. Still thinking Rory wins a decision.

• Like 1

Sometimes it's not a matter of testing it, it's a matter of not being able to prevent it. A failed takedown, and not being the greatest standup fighter in the world, could equal fist to face. I hope for Rory's sake he completely dominates. When Lawler mounts some offense, it can get scary fast. Still thinking Rory wins a decision.

Me too, but he'll win a decision because Robbie will never get close to him.

Edited by Chachie

Based on what? Rory's jab? I don't see it.

You might be right, Doc. I just think he'll play it safe either by dancing or laying. He's crazy-talented and can beat anyone on a good night... except Carlos Condit.  :)

You might be right, Doc. I just think he'll play it safe either by dancing or laying. He's crazy-talented and can beat anyone on a good night... except Carlos Condit.   :)

If memory serves, he was on his way to getting a decision in that fight against Condit. I think Rory is about to put an anchor on the division for a minute. He'll beat Condit when they rematch.

If memory serves, he was on his way to getting a decision in that fight against Condit. I think Rory is about to put an anchor on the division for a minute. He'll beat Condit when they rematch.

He was DESTROYING Condit. Throwing him around like a rag doll. The tide turned in the mid-2nd round and Condit just humiliated him. Condit took Rory's best but Rory couldn't take Condit's. 

I think it would be an amazing rematch but Carlos looks to be back on track after demolishing Thiago Alves. I'd take Condit again.

John MorganVerified account
‏@MMAjunkieJohn
Dana still insists Aldo does not have a broken rib. He says the injury was a calcified old injury. Bruised rib and cartilage his diagnosis.

Shaheen Al-Shatti
‏@shaunalshatti
Dana White: The x-rays that Aldo released were of an "old injury." Says he "did not have a broken rib," was afraid he couldn't make weight.

that sound you hear is Dr. Dana White backing up the bus to run over Aldo one more time