Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

That was awesome. Incredible MMA by Belcher.

I'm very impressed at how calm he stayed in the 2 minutes his leg was in mortal danger, and THEN he stayed aggressive and on the ground, as well as that almost twister haha

Edited by styx491

Damnnn, never thought I'd see Jim Miller get subbed, especially when it looked as easy as Nate made it look. Nate had Jim's number though, he had more than twice as many strikes and he caught Jim in that sub. Ridiculousness

Somewhere along the way Nate figured out the best qualties of Nick to borrow, and which ones to hide. (At least while the cameras are rolling)

Ever since moving back down to 155, dude has looked better every fight.

Miller was straight schooled even when he was able to impliment small parts of his gameplan (the clinch).

Wow.

Josh Gross tweeted that 7 years ago Nick said Nate would end up a better fighter than him, and tonight is the night he is believing it.

---------- Post added May-6th-2012 at 03:24 AM ----------

Nate just got his black belt too. Other then BJ no one at 155 has the bjj Nate Diaz has.

Edit forgot aoki

Not only that but the term "BJJ Black belt" seems to be thrown around so much in the UFC now, but you can tell that certain fighters have stood a tougher test in acheiving it.

When a Diaz is labled a black belt in BJJ, it definitely holds water.

Excellent free card tonight on FOX. I don't think anyone I picked won but damn it was entertaining. Great finish by Diaz, but I still think he's going to struggle against good wrestlers. I hated seeing Palhares lose to Belcher like that, but props to Belcher for surviving Palhares' heel hook attempts and finishing him. Also I hope they keep Pat Barry around, I know his record is terrible but he's never a boring fighter. Would at least be a good undercard mainstay.

Now I can't wait for 146, they're going to have to reinforce the bottom of the octagon. Plus I want to see Edson Barboza and Paul Sass on the undercard.

Excellent free card tonight on FOX. I don't think anyone I picked won but damn it was entertaining. Great finish by Diaz, but I still think he's going to struggle against good wrestlers. I hated seeing Palhares lose to Belcher like that, but props to Belcher for surviving Palhares' heel hook attempts and finishing him. Also I hope they keep Pat Barry around, I know his record is terrible but he's never a boring fighter. Would at least be a good undercard mainstay.

Now I can't wait for 146, they're going to have to reinforce the bottom of the octagon. Plus I want to see Edson Barboza and Paul Sass on the undercard.

I didn't catch the weigh-ins, but Barry looked out of shape for this fight.

He makes for entertaining fights, but there has to be some threshold for actually winning. He's lucky HW is thinnest division in the UFC.

Edited by StillUnknown

Wow, what a card last night! I barely have a voice left after screaming "FINISH HIM ALAN, FINISH HIM"!!!!! Belcher going to the ground and rolling with Palhares reminds me of GSP out wrestling Hughes. Anytime a fighter goes into the other guys strength and beats him, it says a lot about that fighter. Yes I'm a Belcher homer, my wife and his wife went to school together, but every fight he goes in to it seems like he's the under dog and he keeps finding a way to win. Hell of a fight Alan.

Nate will wilt against the stronger 155's in the division. I honestly though Miller would do better against Nate but I think he gave up on the clinch game too quickly and never really worked hard enough for the take down.