Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

A lot of fans paid 10 bucks to watch that match, I was amped up just reading the play by play of the event. What could Nick possibly say that could justify this? Estima not making weight on time? Some rule he didn't like? He'll have to take a huge rip off the bong before explaining this one.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

A lot of fans paid 10 bucks to watch that match, I was amped up just reading the play by play of the event. What could Nick possibly say that could justify this? Estima not making weight on time? Some rule he didn't like? He'll have to take a huge rip off the bong before explaining this one.

Unless something ****ed up happened to him (got really sick, got into a car accident, etc.) then there's not much to justify being a no show.

I love how Zombie flipped with that takedown. Was the most exciting single moment of the card for me. He is edge-of-your-seat entertaining, along with being greatly versatile. Definitely has become one of my favorite fighters to watch. He'll have to look for a way to beat Jose, as opposed to everyone and they're brothers knowing what Jose is going to try to do. If the fight goes to the ground for a decent amount of time, we'll find out how good is Jose's jiu jitsu in an actual live action fight, being against someone who is that crafty on the fly.

I know he trains with great ground fighters, some a lot bigger than him, but how does that translate when Zombie is landing shots on your nose and ears? How does it translate when he tries slapping some unique submissions on that he's been training the living crap out of? Just a little devils advocate.

The thing I like about Zombie is his level of confidence, it's a championship intangible. He's obviously not quite the sniper that Jose Aldo is, and if I have to guess I'll pick Aldo by KO, but Zombie's iron will and awesome versatility could quite possibly steal the show. It's a Featherweight fight everybody should have their eyes glued to the screen for. Invite your friends over who are fringe fans, because it's got "(Something) of the Year" written all over it.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I can't see KZ taking Aldo down. Nice to see some competition for Aldo though, even though he will probably murder everyone. I love watching Aldo fight.

Zombie does his best takedowns from clinch range, he would take a ton of punishment trying to get inside on Aldo.

On a sidenote, that guy who fought McKenzie literally did nothing as Cody set up the guillotine. Cody didn't do anything special or even quick, it was like he was demonstrating how its done. He's a one trick pony, but as long as he fighting bottom rung fighters, he'll find some level of success.

Edited by StillUnknown

Another great interview from Dirty Uncle Chael. Check out his new take on the first fight:

Sonnen did dominate his first encounter against Silva, but he ended getting caught in an arm-bar/triangle choke combo in the fifth round. Sonnen still believes he won his UFC 117 encounter against Silva, and he had a pretty amusing version of what really went down that night.

"That was a misunderstanding of the rules," Sonnen added. "The way I thought it worked was that if you tap, you lost that round. I thought what they were going to do was go to the judges' decision; they'll go four rounds to one, then we'll go home and I'll be the new champion. And if anyone had explained to me that that stops the fight in its entirety, I would not have tapped. … I'd never been in a five round fight, I just didn't know."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chael-sonnen-anderson-silva-don-t-want-autograph-203100348--mma.html