Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Missed this card, can someone recap the Liddell/Franklin fight for me? Did it last 5 or 10 seconds?

Almost a whole round. :ols:

Liddell broke Franklin's arm early with a brutal kick.

Rushed Franklin with a hard elbow and got caught and KO'd with less than 10 seconds left in the first round.

Almost a whole round. :ols:

Liddell broke Franklin's arm early with a brutal kick.

Rushed Franklin with a hard elbow and got caught and KO'd with less than 10 seconds left in the first round.

Wait, Franklin KO'd him with a broken arm!?! :ols::ols::ols:

Did they find out the arm was broken after the fight or something? Or why wasn't the fight stopped??

Wait, Franklin KO'd him with a broken arm!?! :ols: :ols: :ols:

Did they find out the arm was broken after the fight or something? Or why wasn't the fight stopped??

Franklin said after the fight that he knew it was broken right away because it was clicking. I couldn't figure out why he was holding his left arm in such a weird way.

The audience found out after the fight and I have to say it was one of the most entertaining one round fights I've ever seen.

Great card IMO. As a Cro Cop homer, I was very happy with the outcome of that fight. I am a fan of Pat Barry, but I jumped off the couch when Mirko turned it on at the end. The MacDonald-Condit fight was good, Kampmann impressed the hell out of me, and we got a pretty entertaining round out of Rich and Chuck. Some good stuff on the undercard as well, including Dunham looking great against Tyson Griffin. I ended up buying it at the last minute, and I am happy I did.

Listening to Cro-Cop in the post-fight press conference is great. He's a pretty funny/entertaining guy...glad "Mr. Dana White" wasn't stingy with him and his submission of the night. :)

Cro Cop turned into a comedian at some point in the last six months. I am not used to seeing him smile. It is weird, but refreshing.

Edited by lovetoaster

Mirko was fantastic tonight. What a great fight!

Chuck....sorry to see you deteriorate like this. And thumbs up to Franklin for not only continuing to fight, but for actually throwing punches with a broken arm--insane.

Edited by McD5

Chuck....sorry to see you deteriorate like this. And thumbs up to Franklin for not only continuing to fight, but for actually throwing punches with a broken arm--insane.

Yeah, Chuck has done so much for the sport, and I actually thought he was going to pull it out tonight, but it is time to hang it up. I did not give enough credit to Rich and given the circumstances of the fight tonight, I give him a huge thumbs up.

Yeah, Chuck has done so much for the sport, and I actually thought he was going to pull it out tonight, but it is time to hang it up. I did not give enough credit to Rich and given the circumstances of the fight tonight, I give him a huge thumbs up.

Could you imagine throwing punches with a broken arm? :ols:

He hardly even sounded like he was in major pain during the interview. I would have been yelling.

Could you imagine throwing punches with a broken arm? :ols:

He hardly even sounded like he was in major pain during the interview. I would have been yelling.

Yeah, that's insane. I really doubted Rich after the loss to Belfort. I guess I gave up on him a little too soon. I mean beating Chick is no earthshaking event at this point, but beating him with a broken arm, with no reaction during the fight other than to look down at it for a second is pretty impressive.

I got up and watched the UFC post fight presser. Did anyone notice Cro Cop's weird twitch before last night's fight? Right shoulder and arm constantly jumping forward. Well, he still had it at the press conference and it looks really odd. To be honest it looks mental. He must be a very anxiety-ridden guy. I never noticed it before. Strange tick. Very unnerving.

Anyway, I'm really glad he won and was starting to chafe from Barry's "I'm Pat Barry" routine. He's a beast but he's got to get back to being humble until he beats someone on or above his level. I think he got caught up in the pageantry.

I pronounced Rich Franklin dead after his losses to Anderson Silva and had to come on here with my hat in my hand when he rattled off a few wins over strong opponents in his "new career." I knew the loss to Belfort wouldn't take him out of his confidence because of that. Anyone can be flash KOed by Vitor so there's no shame in it. I picked Liddell by decision but only because I thought his new conditioning and a takedown attack would carry his chin. It didn't. I honestly don't even think the punch landed that cleanly but I could see the look on Rich's face when he threw it so I saw him follow through mentally on it. In any case, Chuck's brain has simply been jarred in it's cavity too many times and now it only takes a tap to shut the lights off. He was out long before his back hit the mat. Good night and good bye to a great champion... for the 2nd time. Note to fighters- when Dana says you're done, take a desk job with the UFC and save yourself the humiliation.

From MMA Junkie

Jake Shields attends UFC 115; Dana White says negotiations underway

VANCOUVER, British Columbia – Strikeforce middleweight champion Jake Shields (25-4-1) made another cameo appearance at a UFC event – this time at Saturday's UFC 115 card in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Shields has attended a handful of UFC events in recent months, and UFC president Dana White this week admitted for the first time he's actively negotiating with the Strikeforce star.

"[shields] was here," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I talked to him. We're in negotiations with him right now."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19517/jake-shields-attends-ufc-115-dana-white-says-negotiations-underway.mma

But by far the best part of the article:

Following UFC 115's first main-card bout between welterweights Carlos Condit and Canada's Rory MacDonald – in which the Canuck was finished in the final seconds of a fight he was winning through two rounds – Shields and Cesar Gracie teammate Nate Diaz were pelted with a beer that was thrown from the crowd.

The primary target of the projectile was apparently none other than White, and the UFC exec said that along with the help of the GM Place crowd, the offending beverage-tosser was quickly addressed.

"When MacDonald lost, some dude threw a beer at me," White said. "That's never happened in 10 years. We threw his ass out quick. He hit me, Nate Diaz and Jake Shields.

"You know what I love about our fans? I jumped up and said, 'Who the [expletive] threw that?' The whole place went, 'He did!' You go to a football game, everybody would just sit there, and you don't know who threw it. The whole [expletive] place went, 'He threw it.'"

I don't think Chuck's chin is that bad, he actually gets bopped around pretty good in his fights until someone lands a smoker on him and puts him out. I think he just has incredibly bad defensive striking, rarely keeps his chin tucked, and over-commits like he wants to get married on the first date. The last 4 KOs have been from really solid shots. The only one that wasn't a battering ram to the chin was the one against Shogun, but Shogun hits way harder than it looks.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll