Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I don't think the "champ" should be able to walk away with a decision just because he is the champ. He still has to fight.

Forrest was the more aggresive fighter. A lot of the time Rampage just sat there and did not do much but back up. Atleast Forrest went after him. I think that had a lot to do with the decision on some of the closer rounds.

what?

forrest was backing up just as much dude. outside of the knee kicks he wasnt aggressive in the least bit more then rampage.

and forrest needs to get a knockout punch. :2cents:

Didn't personally get to see the fight but my wife was there doing security. She said the crowd was pro Forrest all the way and she kind of felt bad for Rampage becuase of it. She wanted Rampage to win but said Forrest simply did more "fighting" than Rampage. Hey, call it what you want; leg kicks, sub attempts, take downs, it's all fighting. It may not be what you want to see and in your mind someone should have to get their asses kicked to lose a fight but the bottom line is you can't win a fight just throwing bombs and not knocking your opponent out either.

From first word of Rampage coming to the UFC everyone knew what kind of fighter he is, brawler. That's his game and your not going to get much else. Yes he's a decent wrestler and will slam your ass but that's not his game. Now, in order to see an exciting fight we want guys to come in the ring and play his game but quite honestly that's stupid. Exciting, hell yes but stupid none the less. If you're game planning for a fighter you want to avoid his strengths and it sounds like to me Forrest did just that. Get over it, you may not have seen the fight you wanted to see and I too probably would have been a little disappointed from the sounds of it but Forrest out "fought" him.

Speaking of Forrest, how can you not love how he's evolved as a fighter? Started out brawler and has steadily honed his game into what it is today. Since being KTFO by Jardine he's been much more methodical and calculating in his fights. He's abandoned his wreckless fighting style and is a much, much more well rounded "MMA" fighter. I honestly think he's where he deserves to be because of it.

I'm in the middle of moving and Direct TV cancelled their installation until Sunday so I totally missed this event. I was pissed! Anyone have an idea where to watch it, free?

decent wrestler?

out fought him?

he was on top of Forrest most of the time and Forrest was not able to get any real jujitsu holds on him. he tried the americana and kimora several times after the one time he hurt him and was on top but couldnt do a thing to rampage.

out fought him? forrest doesnt have a hard punch and he has NO knockout strength. never has and he sure didnt have it that fight. rampage didnt even have any major swelling on his face at all. he got him in the knee, but that was about it really. rampage on the other hand split forrest's eye and lumped him up so badly that he said that Rampage was the hardest puncher he has ever faced.

so, youre not under the impression that you need to beat the champ in order to get the belt?

I have always thought you need to take the belt from the champ in order to get the belt.

He did beat the champ by a razor-thin decision and he took the belt from the champ.

UFC rules don't specify that you have to KO or sub the champ to win the belt. Decisions count as wins too and when you have two top-tier competitors like Rampage and Forrest the fight's usually going to be close.

He did beat the champ by a razor-thin decision and he took the belt from the champ.

UFC rules don't specify that you have to KO or sub the champ to win the belt. Decisions count as wins too and when you have two top-tier competitors like Rampage and Forrest the fight's usually going to be close.

unanimous dude? you really think he beat him by a unanimous decision?

razor thin TO ME means split decision..:2cents:

decent wrestler?

out fought him?

he was on top of Forrest most of the time and Forrest was not able to get any real jujitsu holds on him. he tried the americana and kimora several times after the one time he hurt him and was on top but couldnt do a thing to rampage.

out fought him? forrest doesnt have a hard punch and he has NO knockout strength. never has and he sure didnt have it that fight. rampage didnt even have any major swelling on his face at all. he got him in the knee, but that was about it really. rampage on the other hand split forrest's eye and lumped him up so badly that he said that Rampage was the hardest puncher he has ever faced.

Like I said Mike I didn't personally get to see the fight but you have to do more in five rounds than land the occasional punch. It's MMA, there's a crap load of things you can do to score enough points to win a fight. Again, it's boring but it's fighting. As for lumping up Forrest's head, have you ever seen a fight where his head didn't lump up? You keep debating like people are accussing Rampage of not being a good fighter, we all know he is. It just sounds like to me he got out hussled and needs to bring more to the table than the occasional bomb or he's going to get outmatched in the 205 division.

Look at Machida, boring as hell but good luck putting a glove on him. He chooses his punches well and typically doesn't throw one without landing it. Terrible matchup for Rampage but one you might see. Is he necessarily a better "figther"? Probably not but he's probably a better MMA "fighter". Just like Keith Herring, Page wants a guy to stand in the middle of the ring and trade with him and that's just not going to happen in todays MMA world, not if you want to win.

Like I said Mike I didn't personally get to see the fight but you have to do more in five rounds than land the occasional punch. It's MMA, there's a crap load of things you can do to score enough points to win a fight. Again, it's boring but it's fighting. As for lumping up Forrest's head, have you ever seen a fight where his head didn't lump up? You keep debating like people are accussing Rampage of not being a good fighter, we all know he is. It just sounds like to me he got out hussled and needs to bring more to the table than the occasional bomb or he's going to get outmatched in the 205 division.

Look at Machida, boring as hell but good luck putting a glove on him. He chooses his punches well and typically doesn't throw one without landing it. Terrible matchup for Rampage but one you might see. Is he necessarily a better "figther"? Probably not but he's probably a better MMA "fighter". Just like Keith Herring, Page wants a guy to stand in the middle of the ring and trade with him and that's just not going to happen in todays MMA world, not if you want to win.

you said he out fought him and thats just not the case. he didnt out fight anyone and his face tells a different tale. a mouse under his eye is one thing but his eye was split wide and he even admitted that rampage lumped his ass up.

and you are acting like rampage didnt slam him, wrestle him, defend against his kicks (except the knee one) and counter well. and that just isnt the case either.

unanimous dude? you really think he beat him by a unanimous decision?

razor thin TO ME means split decision..:2cents:

Yes after watching the fight 3 times now I think Forrest won by unanimous decision 48-46. I already said that I don't agree with the 49-46 score by the third judge.

BTW, a razor thin decision doesn't HAVE to be a split decision.

Yes after watching the fight 3 times now I think Forrest won by unanimous decision 48-46. I already said that I don't agree with the 49-46 score by the third judge.

BTW, a razor thin decision doesn't HAVE to be a split decision.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think it could have gone either way but the fact that everyone at my party (even those going for Forrest) thought it could have gone either way but went solely Forrest makes me think BS.

BTW, a razor thin decision usually leaves room for doubt and sways one person.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think it could have gone either way but the fact that everyone at my party (even those going for Forrest) thought it could have gone either way but went solely Forrest makes me think BS.

BTW, a razor thin decision usually leaves room for doubt and sways one person.

It was that close of a fight. I gave it to Forrest for controlling the majority of the fight: including octagon aggression for submission attempts, dominating in round 2, sticking and moving/keeping Rampage away with his reach and landing solid leg kicks all 5 rounds.

On the flip side, you could point to Rampage's drop of Forrest in round 1, the damage he did to Forrest's face, effective uppercuts and slamming Forrest when he was in danger of a sub.

I wouldn't even have a problem if it was called a draw but watching the fight over and over again Forrest did have a slight advantage.

Either way we're going to see a rematch so whatever.

even though Dana said himself that the Cote/Almeida fight was boring, Cote is scheduled to get the winner of A.Silva/Okami which is going to happen later this year.

that being said, Dana's word regarding a promise of a title shot isn't exactly reliable

I guess I'll hit up youtube then. Thanks.

I found a site a while back, too bad i forgot to bookmark it. I think it was called mmashark.com, or something similar. It had a video of just about everyfight imaginable. They had a scroll list of events on the right. You would say, for example, click ufc 74 and then bam, you could watch randy fight gonzaga.

anyways, like I said, I think it was called mmashark. hope you have some luck

what?

forrest was backing up just as much dude. outside of the knee kicks he wasnt aggressive in the least bit more then rampage.

and forrest needs to get a knockout punch. :2cents:

Forrest was not backing up just as much. I watched the fight a couple of times.

In the close rounds (3 and 5 specifically) he was the one coming forward. Yes he would back up at times to get away from Rampage's nasty power, but for the most part he was being the more aggressive fighter and moving at Rampage. In round 5 it was not until their was like 1 min left that Rampage realized that he better do something quick and started to go after Forrest. Too little to late. I think by that time Forrest had already won the round.

I think he kept thinking he needed to stay back away from the leg kicks and he would catch Forrest again and KO him and that is why he was less aggressive. That ended up being a bad decision if it was what he was thinking.:2cents:

Forrest was not backing up just as much. I watched the fight a couple of times.

In the close rounds (3 and 5 specifically) he was the one coming forward. Yes he would back up at times to get away from Rampage's nasty power, but for the most part he was being the more aggressive fighter and moving at Rampage. In round 5 it was not until their was like 1 min left that Rampage realized that he better do something quick and started to go after Forrest. Too little to late. I think by that time Forrest had already won the round.

I think he kept thinking he needed to stay back away from the leg kicks and he would catch Forrest again and KO him and that is why he was less aggressive. That ended up being a bad decision if it was what he was thinking.:2cents:

Ive watched the fight a few times as well and Forrest is not very aggressive. And when he is he does no damage (outside of the knee). He didnt hurt Rampage and if it wasnt for those perfectly placed knee strikes he wouldnt have really done anything. But if you look at his face he caught a lot of blows and was staggered a few times.

Even after a few days of being past the fights I still think there is NO way it was a unanimous decision.

As I stated before, I had the fight scored a draw. I could see a slight decision going to Forrest, but the 49-46 shocked me.

The last thing I will say about the fight is that, I know Rampage is a class guy, but he had no issues with the decision immediately after the fight. That is when you get people's true feelings.

Sure in the post-fight press conference, he had a little different take of things after Ibarra was livid. But immediately after the fight he simply said that he got his a** whipped. Now I don't think that is true either, but if he truly thought he won the fight, I feel pretty certain that he would have told us.

If Rampage did not have a problem with it, then it is hard for me to.