Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I don't think anyone is in disagreement about the fact that the unanimous decision was BS. No matter who you think won the fight, you probably think it was closer than the judges had it. What's funny is that I don't think anyone would argue with a draw.

As I stated before, I had the fight scored a draw. I could see a slight decision going to Forrest, but the 49-46 shocked me.

The last thing I will say about the fight is that, I know Rampage is a class guy, but he had no issues with the decision immediately after the fight. That is when you get people's true feelings.

Sure in the post-fight press conference, he had a little different take of things after Ibarra was livid. But immediately after the fight he simply said that he got his a** whipped. Now I don't think that is true either, but if he truly thought he won the fight, I feel pretty certain that he would have told us.

If Rampage did not have a problem with it, then it is hard for me to.

Every sports web site including yahoo sports, SI, and even Sherdog had the fight scored a draw.

I originally had the fight scored a draw too, but I completely agree with you now that after seeing the fight a few times over, that I can see a slight decision going to Forrest.

The 49-46 was a BS score though, the fight was way closer than that.

not at all. I would have been happy with even a split decision. its just the fact that they say that Rampage didnt win on one card that makes me think it was bunk. maybe its sour grapes, maybe im right when I think something is up, but it just doesnt sit well with me.

The judges must have not taken power or damage into consideration at all. In most exchange Forest failed to land anything or landed weak and took a strong hit to the head for his trouble. I've watch many Forest fights and while he doesn't have knock out power in his hands he does throw hard punches... I didn't see that in the rampage fight, at least I didn't see any land.

i think they do judge on damage. most people gave Herring the 1st round against Nog solely for the leg kick. before that leg kick, he hadn't done **** in that first round.

Most people, maybe-maybe not. Who are these "most people? And did the judges at ringside give him the 1st round? We may never know.

I tend to agree with you, Still. I personally (not being a judge though) gave Forrest the 1st round because up until he was knocked down, he was beating Quentin to the punch big time. He won 4:30 of the 1st round and even after being knocked down, he got up quickly and continued to look good. The force of Rampage's punch knocked him down but I don't think he was dazed or flustered. How does one judge that type of thing when a fighter spends so much time clearly winning a round and hits the mat for a couple seconds? Even round? There are no standing 8 counts in MMA so a "knockdown" isn't really treated the same way. It's about control IMHO and Griffin controlled the 1st, 2nd, and 5th rounds. That's three rounds and that's a win. But that's my take. I don't argue with those that have a different take but I don't change my call because someone wants me to.

However, when Nog went down from herring's kick, he WAS dazed and flustered.

i think they do judge on damage. most people gave Herring the 1st round against Nog solely for the leg kick. before that leg kick, he hadn't done **** in that first round.

No they don't (at least they're not supposed to). Damage isn't included in the NSAC MMA judging criteria. See GSP vs. BJ Penn.

two of the judges scored that fight 29-28 for Nog, giving Herring the 1st round.

Fair enough, but like I said- Griffin was never in danger of being KOed from Rampage's 1st round punch. Nog was on Mars after Herring's 1st round kick. Judges would see that differently and I know I did.

Fair enough, but like I said- Griffin was never in danger of being KOed from Rampage's 1st round punch. Nog was on Mars after Herring's 1st round kick. Judges would see that differently and I know I did.

Forrest was always in threat of being KO'd by his uppercuts. Those things were rocking him and landing pretty regularly.

Brandon Vera was just on the radio here in SD and he just stated that he didnt believe that Rampage didnt win on ONE card. He said that he believed either guy could have won and that he was shocked it was unanimous.

Forrest was always in threat of being KO'd by his uppercuts. Those things were rocking him and landing pretty regularly.

Everyone is in danger of being KOed by Rampage's punches but Forrest Griffin was fully aware and ready to fight immediately when he hit the canvas in the first round on saturday night, Mike. You're reaching. :)

Now go back and look at Big Nog after receiving that head kick from Herring. There's a monumental difference. The judges can differentiate that sort of thing even if you can't. :silly:

Brandon Vera was just on the radio here in SD and he just stated that he didnt believe that Rampage didnt win on ONE card. He said that he believed either guy could have won and that he was shocked it was unanimous.

EVERYONE believes that either fighter could have won that fight. Only one fighter did. Why is that SO hard for people to swallow? It was a close bout. A draw would have been acceptable, the unanimous is suspect. NOBODY argues that. The people that think Griffin won (regardless of the judges' scoring) are not "incorrect."

Everyone is in danger of being KOed by Rampage's punches but Forrest Griffin was fully aware and ready to fight immediately when he hit the canvas in the first round on saturday night, Mike. You're reaching. :)

Im not reaching ****er!! :silly:

He had to adjust just as much as Rampage and they both were both "hurt" by the other's main weapon. Rampage was hurt by the kicks and Forrest was rocked by the uppercuts.

Ok to get off of the Griffin/Jackson talk...is anyone else pumped about UFC 87?

It hasn't been discussed on here much but

GSP vs. Fitch

Lesnar vs. Herring

Huerta vs. Florian

Those are 3 solid fights. I'm going to spend a lot of dough between 86, Affliction and this card.

GSP vs. Fitch

Lesnar vs. Herring

Huerta vs. Florian

Those are 3 solid fights. I'm going to spend a lot of dough between 86, Affliction and this card.

some damn good fights on 87. i'm hoping Lesnar wins just throw some excitement into the HW division.

Huerta vs. I Finish Fights should be good for as long as it lasts.

They don't judge based on damage, it's not in the rules.

The rules may not specifically say it in so many words, but I think it's common sense. If you're roughed up and I don't have a scratch on me, doesn't mean that I'm landing more and you're not? Isn't landing more techniques on your opponent then he lands on you the way you get a 10 instead of an 8 or 9?

GSP vs. Fitch

Lesnar vs. Herring

Huerta vs. Florian

I am probably more excited about this card than I have been in a while. I am looking forward to all three of those fights. Luckily, I will be out of town the weekend of Affliction, so if I see it, I am not going to be paying for it. :silly:

I am probably more excited about this card than I have been in a while. I am looking forward to all three of those fights. Luckily, I will be out of town the weekend of Affliction, so if I see it, I am not going to be paying for it. :silly:

Lucky ****! :cool:

some damn good fights on 87. i'm hoping Lesnar wins just throw some excitement into the HW division.

Huerta vs. I Finish Fights should be good for as long as it lasts.

I like Herring but I hope Lesnar wins too for the same reason. Plus he'll be in front of his home crowd.

The rules may not specifically say it in so many words, but I think it's common sense. If you're roughed up and I don't have a scratch on me, doesn't mean that I'm landing more and you're not? Isn't landing more techniques on your opponent then he lands on you the way you get a 10 instead of an 8 or 9?

Maybe, maybe not.

Look at GSP vs. Penn. GSP took Penn down at will i.e. effectively controlling the fight even though his face looked like road rash after the bout and he won because he was a) the aggressor and B) controlled the majority of the bout.

Look at Chuck vs. Jardine. Keith Jardine's face looked like hamburger because he got hit with just a few of Chuck's power shots but in the end he leg kicked Chuck way more than Chuck landed shots to his face (and landed a few power shots of his own), that's why judging on damage is decieving. Jardine clearly won that fight but if you had to decide the winner by damage then Jardine would've lost.

I like Herring but I hope Lesnar wins too for the same reason. Plus he'll be in front of his home crowd.

This is a tough one for me too. I like Herring a lot, but I hope Lesnar wins. You have to respect Dana for throwing him against some pretty tough guys right out of the gate. I would be interested to see the odds on that fight, because he could easily lose this fight.

Nothing against Mark Coleman, but I am a lot more interested in this fight now that Herring has stepped in.

Im not reaching ****er!! :silly:

:laugh: :notworthy :applause:

Mock anger rules.

I don't think there's any clear cut way of hashing this whole jackson-Griffin issue out. The rematch will happen and I still favor Jackson while rooting for Griffin. I'll never sig bet on this matchup. Two good guys who bring it to the octagon.

:laugh: :notworthy :applause:

Mock anger rules.

I don't think there's any clear cut way of hashing this whole jackson-Griffin issue out. The rematch will happen and I still favor Jackson while rooting for Griffin. I'll never sig bet on this matchup. Two good guys who bring it to the octagon.

id bet another sig bet on it. I dont feel bad for losing, just for losing to a douchebag. :laugh:

I just hope that Rashad doesnt somehow sneak in there and get to fight Forrest first. I think that Rampage and Forrest should fight before any of them do.

id bet another sig bet on it. I dont feel bad for losing, just for losing to a douchebag. :laugh:

I just hope that Rashad doesnt somehow sneak in there and get to fight Forrest first. I think that Rampage and Forrest should fight before any of them do.

I agree. Rashad can't be dissed because he just keeps winning... but BARELY winning. That guy wins more close fights than anyone. Other than that devastating KO kick to the head of Sean Salmon, he's frustrating to watch.