Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Watched the fight again this morning. Rampage seemed at a loss because of Forrests reach, once a few leg kicks landed Rampage stopped pushing forward, started looking for more counter punches. Rampage seemed stiff in his feet the rest of the fight while Forrest bounced around him, think Rampage started to gas at the end of round 4. Round 5 he looked very stiff in his movement, Forrest pushed the pace 80% of that round. It could have been called a draw but other than the uppercut on Forrest near the end of round 1, Forrest had that round as well.

if you think rampage had "close to zero offense" i would suggest rewatching that fight

A few counter-punches?

No ground game.....no submission attempts.....no leg kicks.

A few counter uppercuts.....one attempt at a slam in the 5th to avoid being choked out.

Nothing pushing the action......most everything he did was defensive in nature.....not offensive.

That is where I believe he lost the fight......Forrest pushed the action, and brought the fight to Rampage.

Rampage didn't really bring much offensively....and let Forrest dictate the fight.

If(when) Chucks beats Rashad I think he'll get a shot at Forrest, I expect Rampage vs Wandy and then that winner will get a shot.

Forrest-Chuck

Wandy-Rampage

Winners then fight each other would be awesome.

If(when) Chucks beats Rashad I think he'll get a shot at Forrest, I expect Rampage vs Wandy and then that winner will get a shot.

yep, if Chuck beats Rashad he'll be streamlined to a tile shot. i'll be rooting heavy for Rashad just on the principle that being 2-2 in your last 4 fights should not be enough to get you a title shot in a deep division.

Now who is next for Forrest?

I would guess the guy that Dana has a huge boner for......Chuck.

Chuck needs to beat Rashad first. I'd rather see Machida get a shot at the title though.

Lots of exciting fights in this division and lots of ways for it to pan out.

Rampage will prob just need to win one more fight before he gets another crack at the title.

I'd REALLY like to see Rampage vs. Shogun 2 or even Rampage vs. Wandy 3.

If it were up to me, I'd give Machida a title shot, if Chuck beats Rashad then give him a crack at the winner of Forrest vs. Machida.

Meanwhile have Rampage take on Shogun considering they both just lost to Forrest and that Rampage would love a chance to avenge that loss.

Have Wanderlei fight Thiago Silva or have him fight Rich Franklin (if he wins at 205 and stays there).

So many possibilities but I think Machida naturally gets the first crack at Forrest.

Watched the fight again this morning. Rampage seemed at a loss because of Forrests reach, once a few leg kicks landed Rampage stopped pushing forward, started looking for more counter punches. Rampage seemed stiff in his feet the rest of the fight while Forrest bounced around him, think Rampage started to gas at the end of round 4. Round 5 he looked very stiff in his movement, Forrest pushed the pace 80% of that round. It could have been called a draw but other than the uppercut on Forrest near the end of round 1, Forrest had that round as well.

I rewatched it this morning as well. It appears that Forrest gameplanned to use his reach to keep Rampage at bay. I think leg kicks were a part of his plan too but after he hurt Rampage with that kick in round 2 they became a bigger part of the plan.

Forrest Griffin has now defeated two of the best LHWs in the world. He's improving with every fight despite coming in as an underdog, Tyson Griffin said Forrest was working harder than he's ever seen him work and that he was coming into the gym everyday and completely kicking everyone's ass.

Forrest simply prepared for this fight like he needed to. If he keeps that same work ethic he can pretty much hang with any fighter IMO.

On another note, I bet it was awkward for Dana White and Randy Couture to be standing in the same ring after Forrest won last night.

I'm surprised they haven't found a way to keep him out of the building even when his fighters have bouts.

Although they had their contract differences, IMHO it would be in bad form for either party to start playing games with each other. There's always room for reconciliation. Randy's a legend and the UFC is the biggest game in town.

A few counter-punches?

No ground game.....no submission attempts.....no leg kicks.

A few counter uppercuts.....one attempt at a slam in the 5th to avoid being choked out.

Nothing pushing the action......most everything he did was defensive in nature.....not offensive.

That is where I believe he lost the fight......Forrest pushed the action, and brought the fight to Rampage.

Rampage didn't really bring much offensively....and let Forrest dictate the fight.

He holds the belt. In every combat sport the title holderr does not need to take the fight to the challenger. He only needs to survive the fight. IN this fight Rampage is the only fighter that did real damage. He knocked Forrest off his feet with an upper cut, and wobbled him a few other times. Forrest on the other hand... hurt his leg, laid on him for a full round without being able to hit him... and missed 90% of his punches.

The decision was absolutely bull****. I'm wondering if these were the same judges that Bisping got to deliver his match over Hammill.

It was dominant. While not an overwhelming knockout or a complete beat down......he controlled the entire fight.

How many punches did Forrest land?

I bet you can count them on two hands.

Personally I thought Forrest got handled. The only figihter to do real damage was Rampage. Forrest did nothing and looked out matched the entire fight. He got on top... and couldn't hit rampage. He got a submission... and couldn't hold him down. Rampage on the other hand would land and send forrest running away immediately. The few times Forrest failed to get on his bike he either went down or wobbled and jumped on that bike as his coaches screamed "MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!!"

This decision was absolutely BS. Forrest did nothin to win that belt other than move around more and appear more "active" which is the dumbest way to score a fight.

He holds the belt. In every combat sport the title holderr does not need to take the fight to the challenger. He only needs to survive the fight. IN this fight Rampage is the only fighter that did real damage. He knocked Forrest off his feet with an upper cut, and wobbled him a few other times. Forrest on the other hand... hurt his leg, laid on him for a full round without being able to hit him... and missed 90% of his punches.

The decision was absolutely bull****. I'm wondering if these were the same judges that Bisping got to deliver his match over Hammill.

What? Did you even watch the fight? That's as bad as people saying that Forrest dominated Rampage. The fight was damn near a draw and could've went either way depending on how it was judged.

And what is up with people comparing this to the Hamill-Bisping match? Two COMPLETELY different scenarios.

Who are they going to put in the cage with Spider Silva? They aren't going to make him fight his way through the 205 weight class. If he handles Sandman he'll get a fight that if he wins delivers a title shot. Machida would be good for him and I don't think Machida has done **** to deserve a title shot yet.

Who are they going to put in the cage with Spider Silva? They aren't going to make him fight his way through the 205 weight class. If he handles Sandman he'll get a fight that if he wins delivers a title shot. Machida would be good for him and I don't think Machida has done **** to deserve a title shot yet.

they train together, so i doubt they would fight each other

What? Did you even watch the fight? That's as bad as people saying that Forrest dominated Rampage. The fight was damn near a draw and could've went either way depending on how it was judged.

And what is up with people comparing this to the Hamill-Bisping match? Two COMPLETELY different scenarios.

Yeah I watched it. Twice. I don't think it was damn near a draw. One fighter had to run away at the first sign of trouble (Forrest) and never delivered any damage other than leg kicks. Hell if you watch the slow motion punch exchanges you see that Forrest couldn't even hit rampage. It was pathetic watching his swing wildly.

The way I see it is simple Forrest stepped in the ring with a champ and failed to hit him anywhere other than the leg.

Not might be. It is. That being said, I still think Chuck deserves his return bout with the champ. Let Lyoto fight a real fighter (no, Tito doesn't count). Wandy is a bad dude. Now's the time for him to fight 'Page in the cage. Shogun needs a work. Soku has been calling him out, let them have at it. Anderson hasn't done squat at 205 yet, no title shot. That will come soon enough. Not sure what to do with Thiago, but beating up one trick ponies isn't enough.

Chuck can not leapfrog Rampage when he is 0-2 against him. Chuck lost his title by KO. Rampage lost his by a close decision. On top of that Rampage has dominated Chuck twice. Rampage deserves the title shot more. I'd be fine letting them fight each other for the title shot.

:laugh: at all of us talking like Chuck is going to walk through Rashad. I don't know anyone that likes him.

It is crazy how stacked this division is on its own, then you have to think of the guys who have recently entered the division:

Anderson

Franklin

Vera

If there was ever a need for a UFC GP it is right now.

Scorecards revealed for the fight:

http://mmamania.com/2008/07/06/forrest-griffin-vs-quinton-rampage-jackson-judges-scorecards-revealed/

Adalaide Byrd who scored it 48-46, gave 4 and 5 to Jackson and Griffin 1, 2 and 3 with 2 as 10-8

Nelson Hamilton had it 48-46 with 1 and 4 for Jackson, and Griffin getting 2 10-8

Roy Silbert had it 49-46 with only round 4 for Jackson.

Yeah I watched it. Twice. I don't think it was damn near a draw. One fighter had to run away at the first sign of trouble (Forrest) and never delivered any damage other than leg kicks. Hell if you watch the slow motion punch exchanges you see that Forrest couldn't even hit rampage. It was pathetic watching his swing wildly.

The way I see it is simple Forrest stepped in the ring with a champ and failed to hit him anywhere other than the leg.

So Forrest dominating Rampage in round 2 didn't mean anything? Forrest landing clean jabs in round 5 didn't mean anything? Forrest injuring Rampage's leg for the duration of the bout didn't mean anything?

By no means did Forrest dominate the entire bout but neither did Rampage. Forrest controlled the bout more efficiently for longer than Rampage did and that's what it takes to win a decision.

SI, yahoo sports, and just about every MMA site I've been to either scores the bout a 47-47 draw, 48-46 Griffin, or 48-46 Jackson.

It doesn't get much closer than that. Forrest got the edge and the title.

I'm sure we'll see a rematch but to say that the decision is "abslutely bull****" isn't accurate at all.

Wow...not even close to the Bisping fight.

And Forrest did a lot more damage to the leg and knee of Rampage than Rampage was able to muster.

So Forrest dominating Rampage in round 2 didn't mean anything? Forrest landing clean jabs in round 5 didn't mean anything? Forrest injuring Rampage's leg for the duration of the bout didn't mean anything?

Let's talk about dominating rounds 2. He put rampage on his back... and did what? Watch the round again. The only thing he could land from a dominant position are little tiny forearm pushed instead of thrown.

The the kind of crap you can't do and get awarded a belt. A normal fight fine but you can't lay on a champ for 5 minutes accomplish nothing at all and win a belt. That is my complaint. Other than a leg Forest didn't do anything... well other than catch punches and get wobbled and knocked off his feet... or sent running away to avoid a KO.

I'm sure we'll see a rematch but to say that the decision is "abslutely bull****" isn't accurate at all.

TITLE FIGHT. That is what makes it BS. This is a TITLE FIGHT. The champion does not lose the belt to a guy that couldn't even land a damn punch. Forest one by being more "active" but couldn't even land a punch on a guy fighting on one leg. Watch the punching exchanges.

Leg shots score the same as shots anywhere else.

And if you think he failed to do anything else besides leg kicks, I am assuming you were in the bathroom for the entire second round.

While he didn't crush him during the mount, he was on top of him nearly the entire round. 10-8

And in the 5th, he also had a good choke on.

Now what exactly did Rampage do again? A few counter-punches?

By no means did Forrest dominate the entire bout but neither did Rampage. Forrest controlled the bout more efficiently for longer than Rampage did and that's what it takes to win a decision.

SI, yahoo sports, and just about every MMA site I've been to either scores the bout a 47-47 draw, 48-46 Griffin, or 48-46 Jackson.

It doesn't get much closer than that. Forrest got the edge and the title.

I'm with 99. Forrest did plenty. He crippled Rampage early, withstood some good shots and ended the fight on the right note.

The champ doesn't have to "take it to" the challenger but he does have to show he's not being beaten. Jackson got hobbled in the 1st, ground-n-pounded in the 2nd, and outpointed in the 5th. Griffin won the fight. There will be a rematch.

Leg shots score the same as shots anywhere else.

And if you think he failed to do anything else besides leg kicks, I am assuming you were in the bathroom for the entire second round.

While he didn't crush him during the mount, he was on top of him nearly the entire round. 10-8

And in the 5th, he also had a good choke on.

Now what exactly did Rampage do again? A few counter-punches?

I watched the 2nd round, I'm just not sure what I saw. I either saw a fighter unable to hit someone laying underneath him with any of significance... which is pretty damn pathetic. Or more likely I saw a contender for a belt that realized he couldn't beat his opponent trying to stay on top and stay active "enough" to avoid being stood up.

In fact that's what I saw the whole fight. Forrest realized he couldn't beat Rampage and played for the decision. He stayed "active" and ran around throwing pillow punches before jumping back on his bike. Leg kicks were there to ensure rampage couldn't chase him by the looks of it.