Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Machida looks terrible. Looked sluggish from the beginning.

Yea. Was waiting for the choke and tap there at the end. 

Something had to go wrong in training and the weight cut. Didn't someone here say he looked terrible at weigh-ins too?

Good card, I think the Jacare finish was one of the most stunned crowds I've ever seen. Yeah folks, that's savant level BJJ, made him YELL "tap". Finish was so quick the people in attendance were like;

say-what17.gif

Machida tagged Rockhold a few times early on, but Rockhold rolled with the punches and wrecked him with a right hook I believe. It was the beginning of the end.

Due to the commercials in between rounds, and the corner cam being shown in the upper right of the TV screen, we didn't get to see replays of the first round. I wanted to see the shot that dropped Machida.

Machida was wrapped up like a mother****er after that, Rockhold controlled the hell out of him. Then the downward elbow at the end of the first...

That was it.

After that, Machida looked TERRIBLE. I mean he was so sloppy he looked like he should be on the prelims. That elbow ****ed him up way too badly. It put the fight in the bag for him.

Rockhold is strong as hell, god ****ing damn. Middleweight is THE division right now.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

LHW is right up there, too

I dunno about that, especially if Jones wins decisively against Johnson. Jones will have beaten everyone highly ranked except Phil Davis, who just left the UFC. Gus needs to climb back up the ladder, and that smashing he took could make him lose a step man. Wow. Ovince St. Preux is the only other guy in the top 10 Jones hasn't faced. Ryan Bader is on the doorstep. Ryan Bader.

Weidman had a war with Machida, and Machida just got obliterated. Not to use MMA math, but Rockhold looks like he'll give Weidman or Vitor a run for their money. Wonder if Jacare and Rockhold will have a fight to decide the next title contender...

I'd like to see both get their shots. Give Rockhold the next shot, and make Jacare have to beat Romero. Hell, Romero could get a shot soon. He had that wild fight against Kennedy, who is still a son of a gun in that pack. Anderson wants to come back next year, imagine the matchups there. If Anderson wins a couple fights he'd probably get a title shot. Thing is, I can see a lot of the current MWs being able to finish him.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Jacare get the fight first, but it'll probably be Rockhold.

As for Silva, I think he has 1 or 2 fights left if any.

I got to start finding some new blood to cheer for-Max Holloway, Aljamain Sterling & Joseph Duffy are looking to be 3 for the future.

I don't like AKA fighters in general, Rockhold showed why with that elbow strike to the side/back of Lyoto's head. It's a fight where both of you get paid, he didn't steal your wave ya surfer punk.

I really hope Vitor gets the crap kicked out of him & he just goes away so his wife can beat him up for the rest of his life.

I dunno about that, especially if Jones wins decisively against Johnson.

Weidman had a war with Machida, and Machida just got obliterated. Not to use MMA math, but Rockhold looks like he'll give Weidman or Vitor a run for their money.

Actually the situation tho at the top of LHW, is almost identical to the MW scenario you just described.

You could substitute LHW names for Weidman, Machida, and Rockhold, and be just as accurate :

Jon Jones had a war with Gustaffson, and Gustaffson just got obliterated.

Which means that Jones continuing to dominate his division is not such a great certainty anymore.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Except that Johnson went right to a title shot, and Rockhold has to wait for Vitor to fight Weidman, and Jacare is on a large winning streak - all 3 have EASILY earned title shots, like tomorrow. Romero is on a 5 fight winning streak too. LHW you have Johnson as the ONLY fighter destroying people quickly, whereas the top 5 guys at MW will finish anyone in a flash.

Cormier is coming off a loss, Gus is too, Rashad is MIA, Bader is 5th. For LHW to come alive, I'll want Gus and Cormier to win their next couple of fights, but most importantly - I'll want AJ to beat Jones. That would really spark it up. In Middleweight, it doesn't matter what happens, let the free for all commence. A gauntlet of surging fighters awaits.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll