Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you go back to this Restaurant ?

Mickalino

Recently I read a great review of this Thai restaurant in a local entertainment paper, and I'm a big Thai food lover, so I decide to check it out. I take a friend of mine there for dinner. Everything was perfect and just as advertised. Elegant, clean dining, great service, great selection on the menu, great prices, the food was outstanding. So after just finishing what seemed to be the perfect dinner, sitting in our booth, my peripheral vision catches movement to my right. And I turn, and right next to me, is crawling a big 'ol ****roach, up the wall next to the booth. Talk about mixed feelings. I was deifnitely wanting to go back to this restaurant. But the ****roach is tellin me "no, don't come back."

What would you do ?

Do you chalk it up as just an aberration, a harmless little bug that "goes with the territory" with restaurants ? And then return there soon, at peace with yourself ?

Or do you say, No, this is a bad sign, it's a reflection of bad things going on behind those closed doors of that kitchen ?

Help me decide which way to lean, over this heart-breaking discovery.

It's florida, try and find a resturant without them.

Correction....it's Florida, try to find anyplace without them. Really. The northerners that move in tend to want to call them "Palmetto Bugs" but us natives know that a roach by any other name...

In any event, try calling your local health dept. to check their last health inspection rating. If it was low, (depending on what they were cited for) I'd let that be the final arbiter.

It's florida, try and find a resturant without them.
Correction....it's Florida, try to find anyplace without them. Really. The northerners that move in tend to want to call them "Palmetto Bugs" but us natives know that a roach by any other name...

You all are mistaken.

There is a CLEAR, cut and dry, difference between a ****roach and a palmetto bug.

Two COMPLETELY different things. It's NOT a matter of semantics.

This, my friends, was a nasty, scum-eating ****roach

You all are mistaken.

There is a CLEAR, cut and dry, difference between a ****roach and a palmetto bug.

Two COMPLETELY different things. It's NOT a matter of semantics.

This, my friends, was a nasty, scum-eating ****roach

There are various kinds of ****roaches (e.g., German, American, Hissing, etc.) the Palmetto bug is one kind also referred to as the American ****roach.

So they are not completely different, just different species.

I went to a house one time to see about renting it......it was so cute........so I decided to rent it.

When I got the key.....I went back at night.......and there were Palmetto bugs flying around.

I almost killed myself trying to get out of there......so I took the key back and demanded my deposit back. I got it.

Back on topic.........I just can NOT eat somewhere when I see a roach. I realize how hard it is to keep critters out of a restaurant....but for me........no way I would go back.

Blondie

All restaraunts have ****roaches. It's just a fact of life. Sucks, and if you see one, it definitely makes you feel uneasy, but just because you go to other restaurants and don't see them doesn't mean that they are not there.

I'd go back. It's a part of life. Now, if I went back and saw one again that would do it for me.

I agree. Ive been the Pines Ale House down here 100x and every time is was great service and food and prices. One time when my gf's cousin was visiting from Canada we went and saw a roach. My gf swears never to eat there again, but its bound to happen sooner or later no matter how clean a place is. So as long as you enjoy the food, there isn't a problem.

Last time I was in Tampa we ate at that seafood restaurant that's on the bridge between the airport and Clearwater. Right as I ate my last bite of mahi mahi I spotted movement under my water glass (I was drinking beer). Little cs'er was trapped under there from when the waiter put down the glass I guess. It was nasty as all get out. All the bastiges gave me was a free desert. Kind of a back handed comp if you think about it.

I saw one at a mexican restaurant here, on the floor right next to our table. The waitress walked by and just stepped over it. If she had at least looked embarassed I probably would've gone back, but she just ignored it. I know she saw it, no question, and if she could see it in from of a customer and ignore it I figured there's no telling what happens in back.

I saw one at a mexican restaurant here, on the floor right next to our table. The waitress walked by and just stepped over it. If she had at least looked embarassed I probably would've gone back, but she just ignored it. I know she saw it, no question, and if she could see it in from of a customer and ignore it I figured there's no telling what happens in back.

Darn, I thought you were going to say, the mexican waitress started singing "La Cucaracha, La Cucracha !!"

Archived