Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I'm not big into wrestling. Haven't been since WCW was bought out, but even a mark had to be thinking, "Um, WTF?"

There was no "passing the torch" in that match. It was just a legend giving a high five to a really popular guy FIVE YEARS YOUNGER. That's not passing the torch, that's passing a baton. Ridiculous.

HHH and Lesnar was also terrible.

I haven't been this disappointed in the last two matches of a PPV since, well, ever. Should've just cut the feed after Punk/Taker, which was epic.

I'm not big into wrestling. Haven't been since WCW was bought out, but even a mark had to be thinking, "Um, WTF?"

There was no "passing the torch" in that match. It was just a legend giving a high five to a really popular guy FIVE YEARS YOUNGER. That's not passing the torch, that's passing a baton. Ridiculous.

I haven't been this disappointed in the last two matches of a PPV since, well, ever. Should've just cut the feed after Punk/Taker, which was epic.

Last year you said "Most "Meh" Wrestlemania ever." I am guessing this one was Meher :ols:

Only good matches were Sheild vs RKO/Show/Shaemus and of course Punk vs Taker. The rest of them were forgettable. And I don't know how, but I didn't even see the Rhodes Scholar match.

---------- Post added April-7th-2013 at 11:14 PM ----------

Best comment of the night about the Rock/Cena match

"Like two 12-year-olds playing WWE'13 with infinite finishers turned on."

They weren't even trying to sell those finishers though. I mean we all knew it wasn't going to end after the first Rock Bottom or AA, but come on man :ols:

Please, Punk/Taker was anything but epic.........God, the takers matches against HHH and Shawn Michaels were better than this **** tonight.

My take on WM. I was actually there. It was a very average show at best. The crowd was super hot for the Taker/Punk match. IMO, that was easily the match of the night.

It should be a crime to have Lesner and HHH in a match together again. That match was terrible.

Cena vs The Rock was average. Everyone knew Cena was winning.

I remember WM would always have a performance of the national anthem. For whatever reason there was no anthem.

I understand the WWE want to jazz everything up for WM, but they didn't inform me that my view of the ring would be limited because of one of their decorative beams holding up the WM logo and the statue of liberty. I actually have a good mine to complain about that.

Please, Punk/Taker was anything but epic.........God, the takers matches against HHH and Shawn Michaels were better than this **** tonight.

Um, kind of an unfair comparison, no?

And Punk is absolutely amazing. I've never seen someone sell a character like he does. He also pays homage beautifully to other wrestlers, he knows how to perform, and he just overall kicks ass. I'd love to see him feud with Jericho again.

Um, kind of an unfair comparison, no?

And Punk is absolutely amazing. I've never seen someone sell a character like he does. He also pays homage beautifully to other wrestlers, he knows how to perform, and he just overall kicks ass. I'd love to see him feud with Jericho again.

Jericho's done.

I am in the minority but I enjoyed last years Mania. This years? Meh.

Undertaker/Punk stole the show. Seems like Taker's match steels the show each and every year.

Rock/Cena was a terrible match, and I'm a HUGE Rock mark. We're talking I've seen all of his movies kind of mark. The match was predictable and stupid. The end, Cena said something to Rock about what that moment meant and you know you weren't supposed to hear the convo but Rock said, "This moment right here, this is why I came back," meaning dropping the title to Cena at Mania. Overall the ring work was sloppy, the show just sort of stunk. PDiddy was horrendous as well.

If I were ranking the moments:

1) Punk/Taker

2) Living Colour performing "Cult of Personality"

3) Undertaker's entrance

4) Jericho's entrance

5) Rock's entrance

6) HHH/Lesnar match

Nothing else was really all that well done.

It's disappointing that the WWE insists on making the product boring. There were virtually zero twists or turns to go along with the card.

I was one of the few who saw potential in the card... But they definitely found a way to suck all of that right out of the arena.

Don't even get me started on Ryback losing to Henry because Henry fell on him. So stupid.

So basically

-Triple H goes over for no real reason. Brock is now 1-2 since returning. What good does it do to have Triple H going over?

- CM Punk is 0-4 in his last 4 big matches. The guy that carried the company for a year hasn't won a big match since December

-Cena is again Super Cena. So now we get the samething that turned many away from the WWE from 2005-2011.

-I don't like him, but Ryback hasn't won a big match yet. If he's going to be your next top heel shouldn't he get over in a big PPV match?

No turns and nothing to get me excited about the next year of WWE. Miz is IC Champ and Cena is WWE Champ. This is not the direction I was hoping they would go.

The positive is the Shield stays strong, but more needs to be done with the 3 man group.

So glad I didn't order it.

As far as the 8 person tag match with Clay/Tensai/Their Dancers & Rhodes/Sandow and the Bellas. I'm not of a fan of the Rhodes Scholars bit and think Sandow's character is extremely weak (I think he'd be awesome with a different bit), I feel bad for those guys who thought they'd have their wrestlemania moment. Actually, I think the Bellas are decent heels. People like to dislike them.

Read this today.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1596552-wwe-wrestlemania-xxix-brodus-clay-comments-about-match-being-cut

and here is a pic posted by the Bellas when they were getting ready.

BHSa2zpCEAAiQsH.jpg

That sucks.....and for what? To get bumped on what sounds like the worst WM in recent memory?

I was cut off guard by Rock and Cena's match because I kept expecting the tag team match. No one should have their match cut. Whether you hate a wrestler or not if they got a match at wrestlemania you make it happen.

Yeah, but they have a schedule they're obligated to keep. If the run over just 5 minutes, it probably would cost quite a bit.

Yeah, but they have a schedule they're obligated to keep. If the run over just 5 minutes, it probably would cost quite a bit.

They also have a oligation to their superstars to reward them for their hard work. Some wrestlers never get to compete at wrestlemania. Super stars that get released who got to compete at wrestlemania can atleast always know they wrestled at the grandest stage of them all. They can tell their kids and grandkids I wrestled in front of 80,000+ people in the biggest PPV of that year.

I think they have an obligation to the fans to not mail-in their biggest event of the year. They did themselves a huge disservice with this card.

Ziggler wasn't involved in the main event(s) at all?

No Women's title defense? (Divas belt is a dumb name)

Inter-Cont defense was a pre-show thing?

No US Title defense?

Sounds like Rock/Cena was all finishing moves

No huge revelation?

WM should have gone in this order with these matches over 3 hours.

- Opened with US Title defense

- Followed up by Women's belt match

- Interr-Cont Belt

- Tag-team defense

- Vince or Steph come out and announce the reintroduction of the Cruiser Weight title (Shows cool new title) and a bracket style system leading up to the next PPV where a match will be for that belt.

- World Heavy Weight defense with Ziggler coming out after with MITB and getting that title (People expected it anyways)

- WWE Title

- Undertaker Match with crazy ending

boom....end of WM. 7 matches in 3 hours is fine. Not every match needs to be 30+ min. The 1st 3 could all be in the opening hour.

If they would've cut 2 or 3 of those Rock-Cena promo packages they could've easily had time for another match on the card.

The production for last night was just sloppy.

boom....end of WM. 7 matches in 3 hours is fine. Not every match needs to be 30+ min. The 1st 3 could all be in the opening hour.

Wrestlemainia is 4 hours.

I thought I might have accidently skipped the Rhodes Scholars match. Just found out that they canceled it. :ols: Them sons of.....

Edited by MLSKINS

I don't know why I ever underestimate the McMahons. They are paying Brock millions of dollars simply so they can "put him in his place" in matches. Like...what is the purpose of Brock right now? He came back, blew the lid off the joint, annihilated Cena, and kicked his stupid hat in one of the most awesome visuals you will ever see. Since then, in his sporadic appearances, he's given boring interviews and been jobbed out to Cena and HHH. Why would I want to see Brock at this point? The two guys I would actually pay money to see him beat up have, well, beaten him. I don't actually want to see him beat up the Rock. To be frank, I don't actually want to see the Rock any longer. He's been around too much to be a special attraction but I know he's not a real full-timer.

I feel like they've gone through all these machinations just to have Super Babyface Cena back on top with no real threat to him.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

I don't know why I ever underestimate the McMahons. They are paying Brock millions of dollars simply so they can "put him in his place" in matches. Like...what is the purpose of Brock right now? He came back' date=' blew the lid off the joint, annihilated Cena, and kicked his stupid hat in one of the most awesome visuals you will ever see. Since then, in his sporadic appearances, he's given boring interviews and been jobbed out to Cena and HHH. Why would I want to see Brock at this point? The two guys I would actually pay money to see him beat up have, well, beaten him. I don't actually want to see him beat up the Rock. To be frank, I don't actually want to see the Rock any longer. He's been around too much to be a special attraction but I know he's not a real full-timer.

I feel like they've gone through all these machinations just to have Super Babyface Cena back on top with no real threat to him.[/quote']

I would love to see Vince somehow, someway get Brock to work more dates.

A full time (by full time, I mean all RAWs and most PPVs) Brock Lesnar could do a lot for the card.

Wrestlemainia is 4 hours.

I thought I might have accidently skipped the Rhodes Scholars match. Just found out that they canceled it. :ols: Them sons of.....

Has it always been that long? Well, in that case.....I feel sorry for the suckers who bought it. You could have still added the Brock/HHH match. What filled 4 hours? How many Raw Rebounds did they show?

Here are some "news" tidbits...

from wrestlezone.com:

According to PWInsider.com, CM Punk legitimately hurt his knee after hitting the announce table during the elbow drop spot in his match last night. Punk was reportedly in a lot of pain backstage after the match last night, and people were amazed that he was able to finish the bout as he did following the injury/spot.

Yeah. At one point I saw him look at the ref and say something like, "I really hurt my knee". It was tough to make out, but the way he was acting it didn't look like he was selling it. He looked more like he didn't know what to do with it... Except for finish the match by any means possible,

Punk really is the best full time wrestler on the roster, and I'm not sure it's even close.

I just wanted to let you know I watched "Good Morning America" this morning because John Cena was swinging by the set, and I noticed while he had the new title belt that the side plates do in fact change. Where the bullhorns used to be now has on one side the "U Can't See Me" logo and the other side now has the "Cenation" logo.

I can see you, though, John. I can.