Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Apparently he left WWE because they wanted him to take time off and go to rehab and he refused

Hmmmm, I remember watching a few shoot interviews from Angle and he gave the impression that it was the exact opposite. Said he couldn't take the schedule anymore, and needed time off for surgery/recuperation, and this was around the time where guys were leaving or were on hiatus, putting all the pressure on him to carry the show every night. Then apparently one day he was like **** it and called up Vince and said he was done.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Hmmmm, I remember watching a few shoot interviews from Angle and he gave the impression that it was the exact opposite. Said he couldn't take the schedule anymore, and needed time off for surgery/recuperation, and this was around the time where guys were leaving or were on hiatus, putting all the pressure on him to carry the show every night. Then apparently one day he was like **** it and called up Vince and said he was done.

Maybe

I read what I posted like 8 years ago when he first left so who knows?

Chief Wahoo Mcdaniels should get at least an honorable mention along with Johnny Weaver of the Weaver Sleeper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahoo_McDaniel

Edward "Wahoo" McDaniel (June 19, 1938 – April 18, 2002) was a Choctaw-Chickasaw Native American who achieved fame as a professional American football player and later as a professional wrestler. He is notable for having held the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship a record-tying five times.

McDaniel and Flair entered into a legendary feud over the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship title throughout 1975 and 1976 after Johnny Valentine's career was ended in a plane crash. Flair won the title for the first time on September 20, 1975, in Hampton, Virginia. Wahoo regained the title in the Charlotte (NC) Coliseum in May of the following year.

Flair regained the title three weeks later in a match remembered as the "table leg" match. Wahoo and Flair shattered a table at ringside, and Flair picked up one of table legs to hit Wahoo in the head, not realizing a nail was sticking out of the table leg. McDaniel was legitimately injured and the match quickly ended with Flair pinning McDaniel for the title.

McDaniel and Flair would swap the title one more time before the final exchange of the Mid-Atlantic title between the two happened on December 27, 1976, when Wahoo defeated Flair for the belt in a "No Disqualification" match in the Richmond (VA) Coliseum. Flair went on to win the United States title and matches for the U.S. belt between Wahoo and Flair drew huge houses, with Flair holding on to the championship.

He returned to Mid-Atlantic in 1981 and feuded with Roddy Piper over the United States title which ended when Piper brought in Abdullah the Butcher and Abby put Wahoo out on injury. Wahoo returned and had another bloody feud with Sgt. Slaughter for the U.S. title when Slaughter won the title while Wahoo was injured. In 1984, he turned on Ricky Steamboat, taking the U.S. title for the fourth time when Tully Blanchard came to Wahoo's assistance with a steel chair. He was stripped of the title but regained it in a tournament later that year. Wahoo successfully defended it at Starrcade of that year against Billy Graham but lost it to Magnum T.A. in early 1985 in a steel cage match. Wahoo feuded again with the nowbabyface Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight title at various times before Flair turned heel again. After losing the U.S. title, he booked and wrestled mostly for Championship Wrestling from Florida. He made a tag team with Billy Jack Haynes which won the promotion's version of the NWA United States Tag Team title from Rick Rude and Jesse Barr (aka Jimmy Jack Funk). Wahoo wrestled some high profile matches in Florida like an unsuccessful world title bid against Ric Flair and a draw against Bruiser Brody at the Florida promotion's nationally syndicated big show, Battle of the Belts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Weaver

Kenneth Eugene Weaver (November 17, 1935 – February 15, 2008) was a professional wrestler and wrestling commentator in theNational Wrestling Alliance, better known by his ring name, Johnny Weaver. During Johnny's career, he was credited with being the first wrestler to use the sleeper hold (rear naked choke) as his finisher of choice.

Weaver's last years in the ring were in an "elder statesman" role, helping establish new stars just entering the territory, most notably Roddy Piper. He also helped book the Mid-Atlantic territory for nearly 8 years as well, roughly between 1966 and 1973. In the early 1980s, Weaver also booked the house shows in the southern part of the territory.

Edited by Gallen5862

I remember Seeing Piper, Sgt Slaughter, the Steiners Chief Wahoo Mcdaniels, Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair and the four horsemen, Dusty Rhodes . etc It was great seeing alot of the old NWA stars when they would come to Wilmington, NC to wrestle at legion stadium.

Those Wrestlers did not need scripts to promote the shows. They were told when matches were what town and any special stipulations and did their own promos. today everything is to scripted.

Edited by Gallen5862

No Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner on any top 20 lists? Didn't you know when he's in town, all the hoochies come around?

^^^

Jokes

I know I'm probably biased but The Rock is definitely at the top of my list. Coming from a wrestling family already he could have been entitled or a punk but he worked his butt off and took wrestling into another stratosphere.

He was hands down the best on the mic I've ever seen. Nobody could work a crowd or cut a promo like him and I think because of that and his huge charisma, his ring skills get overlooked. He was pretty good in the ring too even if not as "technical" as other, though he did start to work more submission moves like the sharpshooter into his repertoire later in his run before he went full time on movies.

• Like 1

Jimmy Hart is without a doubt one of the best all time managers, hes up there with Bobby Heenan and Paul Haymen, and could talk his butt off. I assumed this was relegated to wrestlers only and while he did wrestle in a few WWF matches and when he was in the CWA he didnt make my list

If you're a fan of workers, I'm shocked that Dean Malenko didn't get a mention!

You definitely could. Was he ever "the guy" in WWE? Meaning a point where he was over Hogan? I know he main evented. 3 WMs but I feel like Hogan was always a step higher.

If someone older could help, that would be great

I wouldn't say he was ever the guy. Hogan was always the guy. Warrior wasn't ever the guy, either. But if Hogan had disappeared with an injury, either Savage or Warrior were positioned to be the guy.

Wrestling was different back then. The main stars used to wrestle "duds". Guys who were hired to get destroyed. Saturday Morning Superstars was based on wrestlers, mid card, low card, main event, wrestling against duds. It built all of the guys up so that when they feuded with one another it was big. Sometimes as a main event you'd get two stars against each other. Sometimes it would simply be Hogan or someone of that caliber squashing someone.

That made pay-per-views so much more interesting. You never saw these guys square off. Even the mid carders. It would be a good way to get things to be more interesting nowadays. The problem is, the fanbase would NEVER be okay with duds. They want to see all the stars.

Savage was a WWF champion. He won the tournament at WrestleMania... I think it was 3. Hogan was out "injured" (I don't remember if it was legit or not). He was positioned to be the guy, and he was when Hogan wasn't wrestling.

He put on outstanding matches time and time again. The retirement match with Warrior was awesome. Feuded with Hogan.

I don't care if a guy was THE guy, to be honest. Triple H was the guy for a short amount of time and I STILL think he was one of the best. Top guy is just silly talk to me.

Savage was the man. Another guy classically wounded by WCW's booking.

He had great mobility for one of the big guys (i.e. 6'9" - 7'0") and his jackknife powerbomb was one of the best finishing moves ever.  He was excellent watching Michael's back, then solo as champion.  Had great feuds with the Hitman and Taker for the championship belt.  Because of him and Scott Hall, they revitalized WCW, especially after the Hogan heal turn and creation of the NWO.  I'd have to rank him in the top 15, not sure where, but one can make the case.

I'm just not a huge Nash guy. Good on the mic. Great tag team. One of the top guys for sure. I've just never really gotten into him. Much like Michaels. If I were ranking the Kliq it would be:

1. Triple H

2. Shawn Michaels

3. Scott Hall

4. Kevin Nash

11. Sean Waltman

No knocks on any of them. The top 4 are all in my top 25... Just never really loved Nash.

Guys like Big Bossman were cool too. I wouldn't put him on my top 25, but I remember he had some epic feuds with the Mountie and Nailz. Vader is a very unappreciated guy too. Dude could go. He nearly killed Foley a few times, likely because Foley told him to just let 'er rip.

Vader is my favorite non Undertaker big man.

WWF effed him up so bad smh

And I love Savage as well. I just don't have him in the top 10. Top 20 for sure

And damn, why the hate for X PAC? Lol

I don't hate X-Pac. I just think in that group of guys he's like the black sheep.

Here's a tag team list I was putting together, same disclaimers apply.

1) Legion of Doom - AHHHH WHAT A RUSH! Everything about them screamed "best tag team ever". Bad ass entrance. Mic work. Finisher. In ring skills. Not much else to say.

2) Outsiders - Nash and Hall, together, were one of the best tag teams of all time. They had a chemistry that was unrivaled. They got the job done every night and were highly entertaining. Both guys could go on the mic and they had a presence about them that was out of this world.

3) Hart Foundation - Bad ass tag team that worked as heels and as faces. Neidhart and Bret Hart were awesome. Neidhart brought an element of power. Bret brought technical ability. Plus, Neidhart's promos made him seem like he was legit crazy.

4) New Age Outlaws - One of the most legit tag teams in the last 15 years. OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW!?

5) Steiner Brothers - Worked well together. Scott Steiner took off as a solo because of his gimmick, but together these two were even better. Scott Steiner solo didn't hold a candle to the University of Michigan brothers.

6) Demolition - Axe and Smash, or even when Crush joined. These guys were awesome. In my opinion, LOD's biggest rival.

7) Edge and Christian - For the benefit of those with flash photography...

8) Brain Busters - Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard. These guys were awesome. They literally could put on a wrestling clinic and Arn is vastly underrated on the mic.

9) Harlem Heat - For some reason, I loved Stevie Ray and Booker T. Part of the reason I never really looked at Booker as being one of the greatest singles stars is because I saw him as a part of the Harlem Heat more than a single act. Same could be said for Bret, but for some reason I just think he was better off solo than Booker. Still, these guys were awesome.

10) DX - HBK and Shawn Michaels. They didn't team as much as I would have liked, mainly due to the Outlaws presence. They would have shot up the list if they were together more often.

11) Fabulous Freebirds - A bit low. I didn't get to see too much of them. But I saw enough to know that they were good. And besides, the Freebird rule is famous. I still think the Shield should have defended the tag titles via the Freebird rule.

12) Dudley Boyz - 3D!

13) Money, Inc. - IRS and the Million Dollar Man. Great gimmick and truly dislikable.

14) Hollywood Blondes - Flyin Brian and Steve Austin. I don't think much else needs to be said.

15) APA - DAMN!

16) Rock and Sock - Their promo work and in-ring storytelling ranks them in my top 25.

17) Rockers - Shawn Michaels finds himself on the list for the second time. He and Janetty were fun to watch. I always liked Janetty better though as a kid. I saw why Michaels was better later, though.

18) Brothers of Destruction - More of a novelty act, but when together they were awesome to watch.

19) Nasty Boys - Wanted to put them higher, but couldn't for some reason. Still. These guys were awesome. Knobbs and Saggs!

20) Mega Powers - Hulk Hogan and Savage. It worked because it fueled the split, but they were good together as well. Total star power tag team.

21) Natural Disasters - Earthquake and Tugboat... err... Typhoon. Two massive guys who were awesome as heels. They were faces for a bit, but I preferred the heel version.

22) Hardy Boyz - Definitely belong on this list. If not higher.

23) Strike Force - Tito Santana and Rick Martel. Not sure why. Just enjoyed watching them.

24) British Bulldogs - Dynamite Kidd and British Bulldog!

25) Power Trip - Austin and HHH. Need I say more? Both of their second appearances on this list.

Honorable Mentions:

Men on a Mission (Mabel and Mo)

Powers of Pain (Warlord and Barbarian)

Headshrinkers (Samu/Fatu)

Bushwhackers (Luke and Butch)

Twin Towers (Bossman and Akeem)

World's Greatest Tag Team (Benjamin and Haas)

Power and Glory (Hercules and Paul Roma)

Rated RKO (Edge and Orton)

Los Guerreros (Chavo/Eddie)

Headbangers (Mosh and Thrasher)

Too Cool (Scotty 2 Hotty and Brian Christopher)

No Rock n Roll Express?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rock_'n'_Roll_Express

Here's my top tag team list.

1. Blanchard and Anderson

2. Rock and Roll Express

3. Midnight Express

4. Road Warriors

5. Arn and Ole Anderson

6. Steiner Brothers

7. The Russians (Ivan, Nikita, Krusher)

8. Beer Money

9. Hart Foundation

10. The Fantastics

Honorable Mentions:

British Bulldogs

Luger and Sting

Powers of Pain

Doom

Edited by DM72

And KDawg, The Powers of Pain were probably the Warriors biggest rival. Demolition was just a cheap ripoff.

These guys are all about WWE.

Not true. I just don't remember those teams. I watched WCW, too. Hence the inclusion of teams like the Blonde's and Harlem Heat, and the Steiners (who although were WWE, I liked them better in WCW).

But I wasn't as familiar with WCW tag teams as I was WWE.

I loved WCW for a long time. But at 29, I don't remember a lot pre-WCW (NWA).

I know of the Rock N' Roll Express, but much like the singles stars, I have no business speaking on them.

These guys are all about WWE.

Dude you have got to stop generalizing. You do this way too much. I don't think anyone that posts in this thread is all about the WWE. I'm old enough to remember wrestling vividly before the start of the Monday Night Wars, or WWF(E) being the sole survivor.

I watched WWF, WCW, and ECW when they got their tv deal. Watched all of it religously (and subscribed to PWI/WOW, and was on top of a lot of the developmental promotios to where I knew who guys were before they arrived (like Batista/Orton). When most of us were kids,  NWA was already done, and WWE/WCW were about to explode. Thats just the way it is. As we've all gotten older we've seen a lot of NWA/Memphis stuff, and give them props on the regular. We have respect for the business

He posted in the NBA thread recently.

Dude you have got to stop generalizing. You do this way too much. I don't think anyone that posts in this thread is all about the WWE. I'm old enough to remember wrestling vividly before the start of the Monday Night Wars, or WWF(E) being the sole survivor.

I watched WWF, WCW, and ECW when they got their tv deal. Watched all of it religously (and subscribed to PWI/WOW, and was on top of a lot of the developmental promotios to where I knew who guys were before they arrived (like Batista/Orton). When most of us were kids, NWA was already done, and WWE/WCW were about to explode. Thats just the way it is. As we've all gotten older we've seen a lot of NWA/Memphis stuff, and give them props on the regular. We have respect for the business

Are you saying that the vast majority on this thread aren't mainly WWE fans? Edited by DM72