Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Punk leaving? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1940437-report-cm-punk-quits-wwe-removed-from-live-events#articles/1940437-report-cm-punk-quits-wwe-removed-from-live-events

Word has come out that CM Punk has left WWE, according to several sources.

CM Punk reportedly told Vince McMahon personally at Monday’s Raw that he was going home, and then got on a plane for Chicago. WWE.com has since removed Punk from all upcoming live events and house shows over the next few weeks including Monday Night Raw.

As PWMania.com reported, Punk was scheduled to face Triple H at WrestleMania 30, but as seen on Monday’s Raw, early signs may have been shown that Triple H will be facing Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania instead.

The report also continues to state the possible driving reasons behind Punk's decision to pack up and head home—with the feeling that part-time wrestlers are getting pushed instead of men who work 365 days a year with the company:

In the past, Punk had been very vocal about “part-time” wrestlers returning to WWE and getting pushed ahead of guys who are there on a nightly basis, and that may be a reason for him being upset.

Punk leaving? http://bleacherrepor...rom-live-events

Edited by Gallen5862

It's tough to get a handle on Punk.

On the one hand, I believe that he could give up the WWE, go back to working weekends for ROH, and be totally happy. He doesn't strike me as the kind of person that needs to make $750,000 a year to be validated.

On the other hand, he's a wrestler and wrestling is a work. So, I'm going with "This is a work" until everyone involved is dead of their own hand or old age.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Possible. Punk seems to be the one wrestler who could leave behind money and fame and still be happy.

But it's totally a work, you guys.

If so, I don't think the WWE fans (even Punk's hardcore fans) will like it.

The first one was epic for most..but I don't see this going over well unless he's turning heel again or something.

Any chance that Punk is secretly hurt? 

Edited by The Evil Genius

TNA's "mystery investor" supposed to show up on iMPACT tomorrow. Mmmmm. But seriously, Punk isn't stupid, he's going nowhere.

And does Punk not have a contract? How can he just up and leave?

Edited by DM72

TNA's "mystery investor" supposed to show up on iMPACT tomorrow. Mmmmm. But seriously, Punk isn't stupid, he's going nowhere.

And does Punk not have a contract? How can he just up and leave?

Punk apparently has six months left on his deal. He's not a slave so he can get out of it - probably by paying Vince a fair amount of money and agreeing not to wrestle anywhere but Japan for a certain period of time.

If he shows up on Impact, Vince will be able to sue him for custody of AJ.

Any chance that Punk is secretly hurt? 

Hasn't he been pretty publicly hurt for a while?

I'm guessing this is a chance to let him heal and get heat on a match at WrestleMania, maybe with HHH.

I do have to say: Having WrestleMania being totally up in the air as we head into February is kind of fun. I don't think this was the plan, but it makes for a more exciting product.

Maybe Vince just needs to create a Senior WWE division (like the Senior PGA). 

:P

You could have Warrior Warrior, DDP, Snake, Hulk, Flair, etc. wrestling for a belt. Hell maybe even the American Dream could show up. 

I like this idea, coupled with a young up and coming wrestler "suing" for the right to compete in the old guys division and drawing major heat by beating the crap out of all of them.  Think Andy Kaufmann and women.

• Like 3

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/01/29/cm-punk-quitting-wwe-batista-feud/

CM Punk Quitting WWE Over New Batista Drama — Report

The longtime Superstar is reportedly furious that the spotlight has moved to Batista, who just returned after a lengthy hiatus.

There’s some serious drama brewing in the WWE — and this time, it’s happening outside of the ring! CM Punk has decided to quit the international organization, TMZ Sports is reporting, after finding out who he’s set to wrestle at WrestleMania XXX in April.

Apparently going head-to-head with Triple H isn’t quite how Mr. Punk envisioned his WrestleMania experience; he believes he should have been included in the title match, a spot that was given to recent returner Batista. Per TMZ Sports, CM Punk doesn’t think Batista is in proper fighting shape and doesn’t deserve to be in arguably the biggest match of the year.

CM Punk’s contract is up in July, and sources tell the site that he has no interest in returning to the WWE.

Edited by Gallen5862

According to Meltzer, Punk has money saved up and is burned out. If anyone is going to walk out on his terms, it's him. 

He doesn't need to work anymore. He didn't blow his money like Flair and Hogan.

I do still think the odds of a work are about 30-35%

To be honest. Punk seems like a smart guy who would have saved his loot. He could leave...go to Chicago. Open his own academy and teach what he loves the way he wants. Then around WM 32 the WWE can pay him stupid money to come back and wrestle whoever.

To be honest. Punk seems like a smart guy who would have saved his loot. He could leave...go to Chicago. Open his own academy and teach what he loves the way he wants. Then around WM 32 the WWE can pay him stupid money to come back and wrestle whoever.

Then he could become the part-timer he is annoyed about now. :)

• Like 1

I still think it's a work, but that sounds plausible.

I assume that Punk go to Japan and make big money there for limited work if he wanted to as well.

This is where pro wrestling is right now: Punk has been a mainstay in WWE for 8 years and we still treat him like a young up and comer.

• Like 1

I still think it's a work, but that sounds plausible.

I assume that Punk go to Japan and make big money there for limited work if he wanted to as well.

This is where pro wrestling is right now: Punk has been a mainstay in WWE for 8 years and we still treat him like a young up and comer.

Well, to be fair, he has not really been used as a true top of the card guy as much as he should have been. Those eight years have been a roller coaster because it seems like they did not know what to do with him a lot of the time. Even after the worked shoot, he shot to the top, but he was back in limbo not too long afterward.

And for the record, I think it is a work too.

Edited by lovetoaster

Well, to be fair, he has not really been used as a true top of the card guy as much as he should have been. Those eight years have been a roller coaster because it seems like they did not know what to do with him a lot of the time. Even after the worked shoot, he shot to the top, but he was back in limbo not too long afterward.

And for the record, I think it is a work too.

Another sign of the times: he was champ for a year and a half and we call that "being in limbo."