Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

So, the WWE spends a gazillion dollars on Brock, jobs him out to Cena on a nothing PPV, and now has him in a feud with HHH.

Who on earth is going to buy a PPV to see Brock-HHH and Johnny Ace-Cena? Did they really bring in Brock in order to use him to transition Cena to Prince Freaking Albert?

I stopped understanding this company a decade ago.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

So' date=' the WWE spends a gazillion dollars on Brock, jobs him out to Cena on a nothing PPV, and now has him in a feud with HHH.

Who on earth is going to buy a PPV to see Brock-HHH and Johnny Ace-Cena? Did they really bring in Brock in order to use him to transition Cena to Prince Freaking Albert?

I stopped understanding this company a decade ago.[/quote']

Well remember that HHH is the "acting CEO". Brock just basically attacked and broke the arm of the "head of the company". HHH is actually suppose to take over the WWE planning and such once he retires soon. This could be one of HHH's last matches honestly. At least HHH knows what the WWE fans like so things should get better once he takes over. Johnny attacking Cena reminds me of when Bischoff tried to take him out using Kurt Angle years back. The Johnny-Cena storyline could actually be good if they do it right. Most likely though they'll screw it up. Brock will beat HHH. If he doesn't predict Lesnar to become a psychopath similar to years ago when he lost his title to Angle and started destroying/injuring opponents rather than winning matches.

I haven't given two ****s about the WWE since Wrestlemania. It sucks, because I want to see Lesnar live, back in the ring, at the very least for nostalgic purposes, but I just cannot bring myself to do it. Not even a youtube clip.

Don't know how his mic skills are now anyways, seems like he always needed Paul Heyman (whether he was with him or against him, like in the Team Angle/Big Show storylines) to add juice to hi scharacter.

Any girl-girl stuff? if not, I'm not interested.
Ask Mr. Sinister.

Ya, don't...

The curiosity isn't worth the image of... well... you'll just have to (unfortunately) see for yourself. And it is girl/girl, in the beginning

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Haha camacho and hunico's entrance. WWE/F, number one in racial stereotypes.

On the Chyna video... I saw it. There were times when I actually thought Chyna was do-able. Obviously not when she first came on the scene (more so when she was an IC contender). Anyway, it was one of those things I felt like I had to watch haha. She uses the exit.

I watched that "Legacy Of Dwayne Johnson" documentary on Netflix earlier today ( er, yesterday). It led all the way up to Survivor Series '11.

I couldn't believe how badly he was getting booed during the match with Lesnar at SummerSlam. It was unbelievable. Then the doc showed extra post match footage of the Rock basically halfway shooting on the crowd, essentially telling them to **** off.

The way he was received during that time when he started making a name for himself outside of wrestling always irked me, especially when you have a cat like Austin who walked out on the company, straight up, and yet when he comes back he's still beloved.

I think that most of the backlash came from the fact that the Rock (-00-'01) was literally turning everything he touched into gold, mainly outside of the wrestling world, an dit's easy for some fans to get turned off by that. Nevertheless, that was a good documentary. Brought back a lot of great memories.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I watched that "Legacy Of Dwayne Johnson" documentary on Netflix earlier today ( er, yesterday). It led all the way up to Survivor Series '11.

I couldn't believe how badly he was getting booed during the match with Lesnar at SummerSlam. It was unbelievable. Then the doc showed extra post match footage of the Rock basically halfway shooting on the crowd, essentially telling them to **** off.

The way he was received during that time when he started making a name for himself outside of wrestling always irked me, especially when you have a cat like Austin who walked out on the company, straight up, and yet when he comes back he's still beloved.

I think that most of the backlash came from the fact that the Rock (-00-'01) was literally turning everything he touched into gold, mainly outside of the wrestling world, an dit's easy for some fans to get turned off by that. Nevertheless, that was a good documentary. Brought back a lot of great memories.

Sinister, thanks so much for showing me that was on netflix. That scene was such a crazy moment, you could just see the hurt in his eyes and the anger in his voice. I wanted to give the guy a hug. Fans can be just brutal and heartless and I've always loved The Rock. Some people have no perspective.

I already own the earlier one, the "most electrifying" DVD. My main gripe was always the matches, because I didn't wanna watch the matches just relive the storylines.

...And good god did the end move me when they started playing "I'm coming home," McMahon gives his heartfelt speech, and you can just see the Rock tearing up. This is a must buy for any Rock fan!

Sinister, thanks so much for showing me that was on netflix. That scene was such a crazy moment, you could just see the hurt in his eyes and the anger in his voice. I wanted to give the guy a hug. Fans can be just brutal and heartless and I've always loved The Rock. Some people have no perspective.

I already own the earlier one, the "most electrifying" DVD. My main gripe was always the matches, because I didn't wanna watch the matches just relive the storylines.

...And good god did the end move me when they started playing "I'm coming home," McMahon gives his heartfelt speech, and you can just see the Rock tearing up. This is a must buy for any Rock fan!

No prob, man. I remember that ppv vividly because it came on the night before I started high school. I do not remember him being booed at all though. Rocky sucks chants, you sold out, etc etc. They were flat out letting him have it. Crazy.

But yeah, he pretty much shut everyone up when he went with the Hollywood arrogant heel gimmick. I think that was honestly some of his best heel work. It ended ****ty with the Goldberg match though.

Only the modern WWE would bring in Paul Heyman.....and make him read a scripted promo about contract terms.

Why is this so hard to book? Brock Lesnar wants to punch people in the face and make money. Heyman wants to help Brock Lesnar punch people in the face and make money. Put them in a ring and let Heyman talk about how Brock Lesnar wants to punch people in the face and make money.

Then...have Brock Lesnar punch people in the face. At some point in the future, someone stops Brock Lesnar from punching people in the face. Maybe Cena. Maybe someone else that you want to make a star.

That kind of angle has never failed in the history of pro wrestling.

Here is how you make a zillion dollars.

Lesnar comes in and starts killing people. Cena finally steps up and challenges him because this is his company and no one is doing this. They have a match. Maybe Cena wins. Maybe he doesn't. Regardless, he is exhausted and afterwards, Brock cripples him in some way so he can go make his movie.

Brock goes on a rampage, eventually winning the title maybe in some kind of contrived tourney. You spin off from this in fun ways. Punk comes out and acts like he is going to defend the WWE but then says something like "You are a real athlete. I'm a real athlete. I don't care how many of these corporate caricatures you cripple." Maybe in all this someone gets a fluke win over Lesnar because Lesnar is screwing around and getting ****y. Someone like Ryder would be perfect for that role.

Cena then comes back but his confidence is gone. He knows he can beat Brock, but he's not sure he can survive Brock. And that brings out...the Rock now playing the role of Apollo Creed in Rocky IV. He knows Cena can do it, because he's been in the ring with him blah blah blah. And he will help him on one condition. Once he wins the title, he gives the first title shot to the Rock. (You can even make up some BS about how the Rock doesn't deserve a title shot because he is not an active wrestler. Maybe Johnny Ace makes this point and you end up with some PPV match where someone (maybe Rock maybe Cena maybe some third party) has to beat someone in order for the Rock to cash in a title shot or something. Maybe you put the Rock in the Rumble. I don't know).

At Wrestlemania, Cena with the Rock in his corner finally beats Brock and does it in a real non-fluky way. Cena's a good enough hand that he may be able to pull out a slightly different style of wrestling to drive this point home. You keep Brock off tv for a while after this.

That leads to a PPV of Rock versus Cena II. After that match, Brock kills the winner and that sets up Brock-Rock.

You can easily do this with limited schedules for all three, especially if Heyman is around to do a lot of the talking. Maybe at some point, Brock gets an apprentice - like Albert, who God knows needs something because he is dying right now. That gives you all sorts of tag matches and combinations and also allows you get get your money's worth out of Albert.

I don't like fantasy booking, but I don't get why this is so hard. Make these guys fight each other for reasons and let the rest sort itself out.

You don't need stables to make this work, just stand ins. Once you have Cena and the part-timers cordoned off you have an endless array of PPV main events and can let everyone else (Punk, Bryan, Sheamus, etc) have their issues below that.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Maybe the WWE bought TNA.

;)

Nah...prob just a return of Batista or something lame like the cruiserweight championship.

haha I was thinking the return of the Lightweight/cruiserweight division. But, the fan in me wants it to be Sting lol. (maybe 10 times is the charm?)

Maybe the WWE bought TNA.

;)

Nah...prob just a return of Batista or something lame like the cruiserweight championship.

haha I was thinking the return of the Lightweight/cruiserweight division. But, the fan in me wants it to be Sting lol. (maybe 10 times is the charm?)
Yeah right....

I saw that on prowrestling.net.

I have know clue what it is, but they better back it up. WWE is the king of letdowns.....

Maybe some new stable or something. Dunno. I watched a little of Raw on Monday. It's lied trying to forcefeed myself tofu at this point. I liked the opening promo by Laurinaitus (sp) and Punk though

I would say that Sting is probably as WCW as any of the wreslers who switched (or came back) are. It would make more sense for him to over now though, since there aren't as many top level guys now as there were when Vince bought WCW. He or someone else would've had their character torn to shreds, or buried.

Maybe some new stable or something. Dunno. I watched a little of Raw on Monday. It's lied trying to forcefeed myself tofu at this point. I liked the opening promo by Laurinaitus (sp) and Punk though

I would say that Sting is probably as WCW as any of the wreslers who switched (or came back) are. It would make more sense for him to over now though, since there aren't as many top level guys now as there were when Vince bought WCW. He or someone else would've had their character torn to shreds, or buried.

You know, I have nothing to back this, but I don't think Vince would have buried Sting. I think there is an overall respect for his loyalty to WCW, whether it hurt Vince and the WWF/E or not. I also think they have an overall respect for his in-ring ability and his character as well as his work ethic. I think Sting could have changed the entire complexion of the WWECW.

Sting needs to make a run in WWE, even if it's just a one off match at WrestleMania. He's said himself that the one thing he hasn't done in wrestling that he'd like to do is take part in WrestleMania. Make it happen.

And for the record, for everyone complaining about The Rock (and not necessarily complaining, but Shawn Michaels and the Taker too) prior to Mania, take a look at where WWE is now without him/them around. They are back to boring, non-interesting programming. The only interesting characters they have are Punk and Tensai at this point. Tensai is growing on me. Ryback is somewhat interesting on Smackdown! (not that I watch it, but I've been reading about it). I fast forward the majority of RAW.

It would be a MAJOR ratings victory for the WWE if they could get Sting, and possibly when his contract is up Bobby Roode from TNA. I'm not sure why any of these guys are wasting their time in TNA, to be honest. I also heard rumors Matt Morgan may come back to WWE. That would be a major victory as well.

Heyman should spice things up a little bit.

Get rid of the World Heavyweight Title, too. It's a stepping stone belt like the IC/US were in their respective "territories" (not that you'd call them that). Put some value into the US and IC titles again by making top tier guys vie for them along with guys trying to make their way up the ladder. Get all the world title guys in the picture with one another, too.

Edited by KDawg

You know KDawg, I had some time to marinate on the Sting topic, and now that I think of it, I often wonder how the Taker-Sara storyline would've gone had it been Sting who was stalking her instead of DDP. His character would've been able to make it very compelling.

DDP was pretty burned out by '01, and it showed. With Sting, it would've been an instant classic. Then he could've led the Invasion, with Stone Cold leading the WWE, and feuding with the Rock for top dog status, instead of Jericho feuding with everyone. Then we wouldn't have had to deal with an entire summer of Kurt Angle pretty much owning Stone Cold, minimizing his Stunner by kicking out 3x.

I just wish Vince would've been patient with that storyline. Like many have said, the possibilities could've been endless, especially with the return of the nWo.

Anyways, Sting now would be perfect, but it could only happen against a worthy opponent. I honestly don't know how Taker is still walking at this point when you consider all the brutal matches he's been in, but that would be a good one. I was hearing Goldberg runmblings a couple months ago, and that would be another good one. Rock, HHH, Lesnar, etc.

Depending on when Rock and Lesnar return, they pretty much have to go at it again. And having Paul Heyman back can only mean good things, provided he's given more freedom/creativity. Dude is a genius.

I also agree about the titles. Waters down everything. I honestly think they don't need separate brands anymore, because their talent pool isn't large enough to spread it out on multiple shows. Not anymore. Your idea of re-birthing a Monday Nitro/WCW is pretty cool though.

And they really need to stop with this heel Michael Cole/face Jerry Lawler stuff. That's not their personalities. King is a heel lifer, and a smartass. Seeing him be the voice of reason against Michael Cole's terrible heel shtick, is literally heartbreaking.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Going back to the well for guys like Sting or Lesnar or whoever just isn't a formula for sustainable success. I'd be ok with Sting in a manager/leader of a stable type role. But not as a performer.

We've gone circles in this thread on what to do, and I think we'd do a better job than Vince's writers with a storyline.

#1. Get rid of the brands and combine the two world championship belts.

#2. Put real effort into developing tag teams that are together for years.

#3. Divas division back to Women's division.

#4. Return of the cruiser weight.

I could keep going with bigger stables, the end of Cole being a character, getting rid of this tired GM storyline nonsense.....etc.