Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

It looks like Cena is trying to promo the match at Wrestlemania for next year as a WWE Championship match. He kept saying he had the only gift the Rock would have to earn. Would that be a great idea having Cena's match at Wrestlemaina be a championship match?

IMO, no. The Rock ain't comin' back full-time. And I don't blame him. His film career has to be at least as lucrative, and far easier on him physically.

Frankly, I wouldn't be a fan of him winning the title only to immediately retire and vacate it. Of course, I say that now, but I'd be jumping around my living room, spilling beer all over the place if he took the strap one last time.

It's really not worth it for Rock to wrestle anyone other than Cena. I

'll admit that I handed in my mark card about 7 years ago, but it's obvious after keeping an eye on wrestling for the past 3 months that there really isn't anyone else that could go toe to toe with him and and hype a match. Trips has to be broken down at this point, I'm actually surprised that Taker is still wrestling in his late 40's after spending this much time in an era where matches became a lot more physical than the 70's-80's, HBK is done, Kane appears to be done, and I haven't seen Show wrestle yet. There's no one left.

Maybe if he stayed in some sort of GM role, that would be my only guess. His mic skills, even after all this time, are still top notch, so he could still keep things interesting strictly from an entertainment perspective.

• 3 weeks later...
Much-needed BUMP

Kharma's boyfriend ruined WWE for me....

:ols: When they said she was out for at least nine months, I knew it had to be pregnancy. Which means in the last month, the WWE lost their top three divas due to injuries and whatnot. McCool is with her husband (Undertaker, Layla El had knee surgery, and now Kharma's pregnancy. Get ready for a heavy dose of Eve and the Bella Twins :doh:

Who is Kharma's ...boyfriend?

Mark Henry :ols:

Edited by MLSKINS

I'm just now getting a chance to finish up on Canadian Stampede '97. It really is a who's who of guys that are dead now.

The last match was The Hart Foundation vs. Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust and LOD. Seeing all of the Harts, along with Brian Pillman, walking down to the ring, it really gets depressing when you realize that at that moment, Pillman only had about 3 months left to live, and Owen had just under 2 years, along with the British Bulldog who is also obviously dead, and Hawk too.

Out of 5 guys, only two are alive, with Anvil apparently in bad shape. It's even worse when the match was over and the entire Hart family got into the ring, and celebrated, about 4 months before Montreal. That really sucks when you sit back and realize that for about the next 5 years their lives would be a living hell.

* Side note, that was probably one of the lowdest crowds I've ever heard. The cameras were shaking the entire time. It was almost like a playoff atmosphere.

Yeah man

Bret Hart lost his entire family nearly within a 5 year wIndow then he had a stroke...and lost a marriage

That's why I respect the **** outta him. He's been to hell and back

But yeah watching that PPV is crazy... Pillman died so suddenly and Vince decided to interview his grieving widow the next night about steroids smh

An underrated WTF moment for sure

Yeah man

Bret Hart lost his entire family nearly within a 5 year wIndow then he had a stroke...and lost a marriage

That's why I respect the **** outta him. He's been to hell and back

But yeah watching that PPV is crazy... Pillman died so suddenly and Vince decided to interview his grieving widow the next night about steroids smh

An underrated WTF moment for sure

That's why I was stunned when I found out that he came back, with all if the bad blood that existed between him, Vince McMahon, and Shawn Michaels. I knew they were on speaking terms, but never in my wildest dreams did I think that it would get to the point where he would actually show up at a live WWE event, and get involved in storylines. They literally wished death on each other.

I'm almost inclined to believe that Bret just wanted to put it all to bed once and for all, regardless of how he felt.

Actually I think Bret may have needed a lil cash and Vince needed a big splash because remember that night was the night TNA decided to run against Raw live with the debuts of Jeff Hardy and everybody

Speaking of that, TNA ****** up with Jeff Hardy to me

I know he has mounds of issues but he was arguably the biggest star in the sport when he came in

Actually I think Bret may have needed a lil cash and Vince needed a big splash because remember that night was the night TNA decided to run against Raw live with the debuts of Jeff Hardy and everybody

I think it's more than just $ because if you rememer Hart was starting to develop a new relationship with the WWF starting in like 08.

• 2 weeks later...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/723134-tna-news-tna-says-they-have-severed-ties-with-chyna-and-jeff-hardy-trial-update

It is being reported by TMZ.com that the contract between former WWE female wrestler Chyna and TNA has been terminated.

Things between her and the company became shaky after it was reported that Chyna was working on her second adult film. Despite that, the two sides had continued to work towards a long-term contract, and there were some reports that it was already signed, but talks seemed to have stopped.

TMZ reports that Chyna was told by TNA that if her second sex tape, "Backdoor Into Chyna," was released by Vivid Video later this month, she would never work for them again. TNA has since told Chyna that their previous contract offer is off the table for good. Chyna told TMZ, "The whole thing has been constant drama ... it's all good in the end ... [TNA] is missing the boat ... FREEDOOOOOM!"

My personal thoughts on the subject are this: I don't really care.

Chyna is a good women's wrestler, don't get me wrong, but if she wants to do her own thing then she should go do her own thing. She was at a crossroad in life and choose the adult film business over wrestling, and that's fine.

TNA did the right thing here. Theres a big difference between one of your wrestlers posing for playboy and one of your wrestlers being in a "hardcore" adult film. On that note, anyone that would want to see Chyna in an adult film needs to take a serious look at themselves in the mirror and get their lives together.

The sad thing is that by working with TNA for the little time that she did, Chyna probably screwed herself (no pun intended) out of getting into the WWE's Hall of Fame anytime soon, if not ever.

In other TNA news, Jeff Hardy's drug case has been delayed once again. The never-ending drug trial feels like one of TNA's storylines it's been going on so long. The reason for the delay is that Moore County Sentencing Services program administrator Becky Carlson missed her June 1st deadline for Hardy's evaluation. The trial is now set to take place June 27th.

Also TNA is now branding its live events as the "Impact Wrestling World Tour."

Edited by Buford

Just saw two WWE trucks heading down 270. I wonder if they do prep for the PPV in a few weeks at Verizon.

The routine for any big event (concert, WWE, etc...) they'll come in 2 or 3 days beforehand, at most to prep for a show. You won't see any WWE event being staged/prepped weeks in advance.

WWE Capitol Punishment

WWE Championship Match

John Cena © vs. R-Truth

The Miz vs. Alex Riley

Thought I would make a thread just for the upcoming PPV at Verizon Center...

I know I created a thread about how WWE sucks and all, but truth be told I bought 6 tickets to this PPV.

The WWE is my first love and as much as I hate alot of the storylines in WWE right now (Super Cena) I love the energy of a live PPV audience.

I love the chants, the signs, the pyro and the in-ring performances.

My first WWF event was Backlash w/ The Rock and Triple H in the main event. Stone Cold came down and cleaned house with a steel chair and Rock won the WWF title. Just awesome.

I also went to Summerslam and saw Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels in a pretty intense match. Maybe Hogan isnt a great technical wrestler but he has the fans in the palm of his hands.

I also went to a house show and saw The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar. This match was awesome even though it wasn't televised.

So I thought it would be cool for people attending or watching Capitol Punishment to discuss it here.

John Cena © vs. R Truth for the WWE title is the only match booked at this point. Im kinda excited about this. R Truth's first WWE title match. His journey has taken him from being K Kwik and a partner of Road Dogg to TNA as Ron "The Truth Killings" in which he dissed WWE then he went back to WWE as the happy go lucky dancing wrestler now to the bitter heel he is right now.

I for 1 am rooting for R Truth in this match. I'd say there is less than a 1% chance Vince actually let's R Truth win the title but I still think there is a chance.

Has there ever been a african american WWF-WWE champion? The Rock is the easy answer but lets be honest. He's samoan.

I know DC crowds love to hate John Cena as do many other crowds. I saw Jericho and Cena and Summerslam and the fans truly made the match. Let's go Cena- Let's go Jericho- Let's go Cena, Lets go Jericho.

I have a feeling this match will have the same type of reaction. Vince will probably hate the fact that half the crowd if not more will be cheering for R Truth.

So let's discuss Capitol Punishment. Also I would like to know your memories of WWF-E events you've attended.

P.S. If there is a CM Punk, Rey Mysterio match, that might be the match of the night.

---------- Post added June-5th-2011 at 06:07 PM ----------

And for the record I love the WWF-E. Im just a scorn lover that can't stand alot of the rubish seen on Raw and Smackdown. I miss Stone Cold, The Rock, Mankind, Brock Lesnar, The masked Kane, the Hardy Boys, The Dudley Boyz, women being powerbombed through tables, Chirs Jericho with long hair.

I was really hurt with the whole Chris Benoit thing. He was one of my favorites and the first time I idolized someone who became a murderer.

Edited by HRNY4ZRNY

The Rock IS the first black WWF champion.

Technically yes. But he looks more Samoan. Vince McMahon has never made a true 100% black guy the champ.

I.E. Booker T. He was the World Champion not WWE champion.

The World title is given to great stars that Vince does not seem worthy of getting the true title.

The Great Khali was once the World Champion. No chance Vince would let him win the WWE title.

Rey Mysterio was the World Champion not WWE champion.

Now Eddie Guerrero did win the WWF title which was a shocker. Especially winning it from Brock Lesnar.

Edited by HRNY4ZRNY