Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How has ES and it's members, helped you?

Monkart

I think I got into posting heavily in the Tailgate soon after the 2004 elections, and my previous messageboard experience was with heavily political boards. Prior to that, I used Extremeskins solely for breaking Redskins news.

The Tailgate crowd has helped me develop my views on a wide variety of topics, from gay marriage to immigration, where I had a vague idea of where I stood but I hadn't really been challenged on it. I really feel that you don't really know whether you believe in something until you have to defend it, and the Tailgate has been a great place to do that, because there are members with all different kinds of views, which is generally not true on boards dedicated to politics, where the majority of members will tend to lean one way and you can get banned for straying too far away from that view.

On a more tangible level:

I bought tickets to take my brother and I to our first Redskins game from the Classifieds here. Thanks ramseytocooley! :cheers:

I got a free set of multistate bar review materials. Thanks iheart! :cheers:

Someone even recently offered to help with some maps I needed to make for a school project. Thanks dks! :cheers:

This is really a great community, and I'm incredibly happy that I found it.

The Tailgate crowd has helped me develop my views on a wide variety of topics, from gay marriage to immigration, where I had a vague idea of where I stood but I hadn't really been challenged on it. I really feel that you don't really know whether you believe in something until you have to defend it, and the Tailgate has been a great place to do that, because there are members with all different kinds of views.

djtj, you're one of the best at putting thoughts into words. that's what my jumbled post was trying to say. thanks. :cheers:

Great story, Monkart.

For my story, see "Ode to ES" (my 3000th post) :silly:

Besides reviving my life (after my mom died), this board is like a whole other hidden universe I never knew existed, and never knew could be so enjoyable. Some people retreat to the TV after work, I retreat here.

There are the coolest people (Redskins fans, of course) following the greatest team ever on Earth, the Tailgate has the most fun games and best debates, and heck, I work so much I get all the top news from the Tailgate. (Don't even need TV or a newspaper!) Remember that 400 lb jellyfish floating off of Japan? I told people at work that the next day and they said, "No way!!" (and they always watch the news).

But the fellowship and friendships I've developed on here are irreplaceable. There is no better place for Redskin 'bidness nor fan cohesiveness. I just love it! (and you all).

I believe the good vibes, thoughts and prayers that this community sent to my wife were directly related to her receiving her clean bill of health during her recent 'scare'. I love my wife more then words can tell - this scare was something I could barely handle, so for it to be just a scare was the best news i've ever received. So that's how they've helped me... um, thanks. :):cheers:

oh yeah, and i met my cyber-buddy 'marion' through ES. ;)

I wanted my 4000th post to come in a worthwhile thread and not one of the game threads, and this seems like a great place.

and thanks to all of my fellow members who have helped me without even knowing it. :cheers:

:cheers: Congrats dfitzo!!! You are a class poster and person who makes this place even more fun. I'm sorry for your heartache. With your wit & intelligence and the best trait of all (diehard Redskin fan), it won't be long until you have too many knockin' at your door. ;)

OH! jrockster77 thought me the value of having dictionary.com handy.

Sorry for the rude (but completely spelled right) reply way back then jrock.

Knowledge -- the gift that keeps on giving!! :silly:

Goskins (aka Walking Deadman) hooked me up with Christmas Eve game tickets. Super sweet -- the coolest thing anyone has ever done for me! :)

WB36 gave me the name of a realtor in Hawaii, even though I have decided I'm not really ready to buy yet. iheart gave me a name as well, but the guy never returned my emails or phone calls...maybe he doesn't like you that much Sol? :laugh: ;)

Sarge gave me some tips when I first moved out to Oahu.

I've enjoyed many games with Bonef1de, even though his punk ass won't drive me to Costco. :mad: :laugh: Although I do think he's going to help me move...maybe. :laugh:

I'm sure I'm forgetting other people, but that's all I've got for now.

Aw man, how could I forget jrock...The guy who reminded me that no matter how bad my life is, I could always fall into a bay of raw ****, have all my limbs cut off, and die anyway! :laugh:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:notworthy

This question is easily answered.

You guys make me laugh, no matter what kind of mood real life events put me in. There is only one place I can go to be people who love the Redskins as much as I- here.

And there's nowhere I can get Redskins news faster.

After years of watching Redskins games alone in the ashtray sports bar called Legends in Waikiki I walked in that fateful morning of Week 1 and throught the smoky haze I see a white Portis jersey across the room.

(Cue dream weaver song) I walked up and introduced myself and asked that fateful question, you ever heard of ES?

Thats when I found my :chug:wingman. :laugh:

After years of watching Redskins games alone in the ashtray sports bar called Legends in Waikiki I walked in that fateful morning of Week 1 and throught the smoky haze I see a white Portis jersey across the room.

(Cue dream weaver song) I walked up and introduced myself and asked that fateful question, you ever heard of ES?

Thats when I found my :chug:wingman. :laugh:

His name was "Maverick" and he called me "Iceman".....

Archived