• Indians
    • Tigers
    • Twins
    • Royals
    • Angels
    • Athletics
    • Mariners
    • Rangers

The main problem with Harris last year wasn't his covering abilities, it was his tackling. I can remember him getting abused in both Philly games and I was just Praying for the eagles WR to slip on a bananna or something cause I knew Walt coultn't tackle him. I hope Wright is better than that.

Looks like we now know what position we'll be targeting in the draft, eh? Great depth signing today!

I am hoping the skins look at best-play-available option with the second round pick. I think they need to look defensive player, but they could pickup Dline/LB or CB depending on who is available at that pick.

Guest amaprius

If we get Keith Adams our offseason will be complete and we can draft OL help, a backup TE, and a kicker and/or punter

The main problem with Harris last year wasn't his covering abilities, it was his tackling. I can remember him getting abused in both Philly games and I was just Praying for the eagles WR to slip on a bananna or something cause I knew Walt coultn't tackle him. I hope Wright is better than that.

I agree with you. Harris scared me nearly everytime I saw him alone in the open field with a WR, but if I remember correctly, he had a couple of nice open field tackles against Dallas. I think he was hit or miss with the tackles.

Am curious...Stephen (aka "Skinned"), do you think Wright is an upgrade over Harris? I would be comfortable having Harris as our nickle CB (but not at $2 million/year). It seems like Wright is a safe bet at nickle/dime CB.

Nice signing. Good to see a veteran out there, who can still play at a competitive level.

I think I'll head over to the Jags board and see what they can tell me about this guy. Watching a guy play for seasons tells far more than looking at his statistics.

I'm not thrilled about the signing. He looks like the same player as Walt Harris but with worse credentials. I'm stilling hoping for a CB at #53.

Dude, thanks for your insight. But he ain't starting for us. He's a nickel. If he started all games for a 12-4 team last year, he will excell for us in nickel. Plus, we now probably have the best safety tandem in the league. Taylor's range is just sick.

Sucking is relative. For us, he's a decent pick up. And, if had to start, it's not like going out there with someone totally green in one of the most difficult positions in the NFL to play.

Thus, it's a decent signing, and allows us to focus on BPA or a linebacker in the draft with our first pick.

Wow, those guys didn't get the memo that when a player leaves your team he immediately sucks. :).
I was thinking the same thing,man that was quite refreshing not to hear the normal,"he's not on our team any more so hes crap" stuff,I maybe able to have a decent disscusion with those guys this yr when we play.

I really don't see how people are so low on Ade, I saw the guy step up in 05 I really can't pinpoint exactly what the guy did wrong. I know he got burned in 04 but that is the past and he has really improved since then. I think his problem was confidence and it was all in his head.

As for Wright I like his signing more than I would have liked Fletcher. If he is a #2 cb on the #6 defense in the league he has to atleast be able to hold his own.

Good pickup. Glad we got someone who wasn't just a backup. This guy started all 16 games last year for the Jags and will definitely work as our #3. Our defense just keeps getting stronger than it already was. With this signing and Evans re-signing, get a LB in the draft and we'll be set. Can't wait for this season to start......

I really don't see how people are so low on Ade, I saw the guy step up in 05 I really can't pinpoint exactly what the guy did wrong. I know he got burned in 04 but that is the past and he has really improved since then. I think his problem was confidence and it was all in his head.

As for Wright I like his signing more than I would have liked Fletcher. If he is a #2 cb on the #6 defense in the league he has to atleast be able to hold his own.

I agree about Ade. 2 years ago I gritted my teeth every time the guy came on the field....but last year he stepped it up a few levels and earned my respect. He may not be a star, but he's no slouch either.

:cheers:

Archived