• Indians
    • Tigers
    • Twins
    • Royals
    • Angels
    • Athletics
    • Mariners
    • Rangers

Oh shiggidy, oh diggity damn. Ya'll see what I see? NO HOLES!!! I'm totally on the bandwagon on no one betting the skins except the skins now. This is deep team and chalk full of talent. Adding a veteran corner pretty much solidfies this team. Another veteran linebacker isn't all that neccesary, but it would be nice to have. Can't wait for the draft, or minicamp, oh Lord, PRESEASON?! I'm going to every home game, MARK THAT DOWN!!! :laugh:

YAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! I'm pumped. :)

Well, if nothing else, I like having a guy who started all 16 games last year for a decent team as our # 3 CB. Plus it keeps Jimoh that much further away from getting on the field in crucial passing situations :)

I'd love to hear from any Jags' fans if they will miss this guy at all.

Draft! Draft?! We don't need to draft! I haven't felt this good about the Redskins coming out of the offseason in a long, long time.

We have very few holes on the roster, plus... MOST OF OUR 2005 DRAFT PICKS DIDN'T PLAY LAST YEAR!

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=16267

Redskins Add to Secondary, Sign CB Wright

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

April 3, 2006

The Redskins added to their defensive backfield on Monday, signing free agent cornerback Kenny Wright, the team has announced.

It is expected that Wright will provide depth and veteran experience in the secondary, particularly in nickel and dime packages.

Wright is entering his eighth NFL season. The 6-1, 207-pounder has played in 110 games with 47 starts during stints with the Minnesota Vikings, Houston Texans and Jacksonville Jaguars.

56284969inside.jpg

Kenny Wright

In his NFL career, Wright has tallied 344 tackles (259 solo), six interceptions and three sacks.

Wright spent the 2005 season with the Jaguars, starting all 16 games at right cornerback. He finished the year with 78 tackles (50 solo), six pass deflections and two interceptions.

Wright began his NFL career as a fourth-round draft choice (120th overall) by the Minnesota Vikings in the 1999 NFL Draft. He spent three seasons in Minnesota before being signed off of waivers by Houston in 2002. After three seasons with the Texans, he joined Jacksonville last year as an unrestricted free agent.

Wright spent his college days playing at Northwestern State, where he earned honorable mention All-Southland Conference honors twice. He was a three-year letterman after transferring from Arkansas.

Wright is a native of Ruston, La., where he attended Ruston High School.

I hope we draft some young prospects to add even more depth. It would be nice to bring a couple guys along who can later start. It will be nice to see who they bring in as camp fodder and if any of them make the team. Springs has been healthy for us but had a hard time staying healthy previously. I do like this signing though.

As many of you know, I'm a former scout for the Jacksonville Jaguars during Coughlin's tenure there, and as a current Jacksonville resident, I am still a huge Jaguars fan and connected to the organization through friends on the coaching staff.

As both, I can sum up Kenny Wright in two words: He stinks.

He was a mediocre at best stop-gap corner for the Jaguars last year as we couldn't pick up anyone we wanted in the FA market, but he cost us quite a few games and was burnt badly on many an occasion. These occasions got ridiculously frequent toward the end of the year to the point where we began starting our 3rd round rookie who had no playing experience, Scott Starks - drafted to be our future nickleback - over Wright.

Check the scout.com Free Agent Cornerback rankings for more validation on my opinion if you wish. He is nearly the lowest ranked free agent CB on the market, period. Might prove a decent backup for your backup or practice squad starter, but that's about it.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=12&yr=2006&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16&pid=30

He did what he could as a starter, but he's not starting material. For the price we paid him, he did outplay his contract. He's a likeable guy, you'll find many Jaguar fans who admire his attitude. But facts are facts, and he's nothing more than a mediocre-to-submediocre corner when all is said and done.

Regards,

Stephen Hodge

Wow, those guys didn't get the memo that when a player leaves your team he immediately sucks. :).

:laugh:

Wow. Those Jags fans are pretty complimentary about Wright and about how we just signed another free agent. I was expecting some bad responses.

As many of you know, I'm a former scout for the Jacksonville Jaguars during Coughlin's tenure there, and as a current Jacksonville resident, I am still a huge Jaguars fan and connected to the organization through friends on the coaching staff.

He was a mediocre at best stop-gap corner for the Jaguars last year as we couldn't pick up anyone we wanted in the FA market, but he cost us quite a few games and was burnt badly on many an occasion. These occasions got ridiculously frequent toward the end of the year to the point where we began starting our 3rd round rookie who had no playing experience, Scott Starks - drafted to be our future nickleback - over Wright.

Check the scout.com Free Agent Cornerback rankings for more validation on my opinion if you wish. He is the lowest ranked cornerback. Might prove a decent backup for your backup or practice squad starter, but that's about it.

Regards,

Stephen Hodge

Wild. To imagine a backup or practice squad starter managed 16 starts on a 12-4 team. Huh. I just saw this was an out of work scout. That explains it :).

Check the scout.com Free Agent Cornerback rankings for more validation on my opinion if you wish. He is the lowest ranked cornerback. Might prove a decent backup for your backup or practice squad starter, but that's about it.

He did what he could as a starter, but he's not starting material. For the price we paid him, he did outplay his contract. He's a likeable guy, you'll find many Jaguar fans who admire his attitude. But facts are facts, and he's nothing more than a mediocre-to-submediocre corner when all is said and done.

Regards,

Stephen Hodge

Wright started all 16 games last year.

Archived