Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

Not sure if this question belongs here or in the ST renewal thread, but here goes:

Has anyone ever found themselves "upgraded" into the upper deck seats in Row 9 that are obstructed view because of the glass and railings over the tunnels? If yes, did you complain, and what did the team do?

We currently have four seats in row 12 that we like, and I'm debating whether to check the "do not move" box on the automatic upgrade program. I'd naturally like to move closer to the front of the section, but I know that in our section the four seats at the end of row 9 were empty this last season. So I'm afraid I'll be "upgraded" into them. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Being that we're obviously going to have RGIII behind Flynn, who is the backup for Manning, I figured that I would jump on some tickets for this year. I've gotten them in row 27 or 28 in 108 (lower level, corner endzone but back a section; same as 115, 116, 136, 137, 128, and 129). These ones are by the tunnel so that I can be that Bears fan who jumped 30 feet to catch a bad field goal attempt or whatever it was. Anyone have any experience that far back in one of those sections? I'm not complaining; I was in 402/401 in the 20's for a few years. Just wanted input from others.

Thanks!

ANY seat in the lower level is a great seat as long as you are not in the obstructed view seats on the visitor's side. (and even some of those are very good seats.) I don't think how far back you sit is a real issue on the lower level. Someone can quibble over being "closer to the action" vs "sitting higher" to see a more aerial view of the playing field. Frankly, I think the best seats in the house are on the 200 level. My season tickets are currently in row 17, section 108. Not that much different from sitting ten rows back. There is no steep angle on the lower level like the upper deck where 10 rows back can make a huge difference.

---------- Post added January-29th-2012 at 02:07 PM ----------

Not sure if this question belongs here or in the ST renewal thread, but here goes:

Has anyone ever found themselves "upgraded" into the upper deck seats in Row 9 that are obstructed view because of the glass and railings over the tunnels? If yes, did you complain, and what did the team do?

We currently have four seats in row 12 that we like, and I'm debating whether to check the "do not move" box on the automatic upgrade program. I'd naturally like to move closer to the front of the section, but I know that in our section the four seats at the end of row 9 were empty this last season. So I'm afraid I'll be "upgraded" into them. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Once you get upgraded, you are generally stuck in the seats you get upgraded to. If you find out about the upgrade early in the process and know you do not want to sit behind the plexiglass, you could try to call the ticket office, complain, and insist you want alternative seats because looking thru the plexiglass is a downgrade in your opinion.

An alternate solution is to contact the ticket office now and ask them to specifically exclude certain seats or rows from being part of the auto upgrade. For example, "Any upgrade down in my current section except for row 9 is acceptable."

When I upgraded from the upper deck to the lower deck, I had a note on file asking to be upgraded on the lower level closest to the home team side. And that's what I got. While almost everyone else on ES reported getting moved to seats toward the visitor side, I was one of the few that got put in section 109 near the Skins tunnel. This year I've added a specific request to be flipped to the other side of the 50 yard line so I could be closer to the tunnel near the handicapped parking lot. My experience has been that the TO will try to meet your requests within the constraints of the auto upgrade program.

ANY seat in the lower level is a great seat as long as you are not in the obstructed view seats on the visitor's side. (and even some of those are very good seats.) I don't think how far back you sit is a real issue on the lower level. Someone can quibble over being "closer to the action" vs "sitting higher" to see a more aerial view of the playing field. Frankly, I think the best seats in the house are on the 200 level. My season tickets are currently in row 17, section 108. Not that much different from sitting ten rows back. There is no steep angle on the lower level like the upper deck where 10 rows back can make a huge difference.

Thanks!

My wife got me tickets to the opening Dallas game in 2010, and we were literally fifteen feet in front of your namesake. It was unreal.

I guess my real question is what it's like when the game is all the way over at the other side of the field? I think that the new HD screens help, right? Also, I couldn't imagine sitting there during the Hand of G-d play or the Carolina game in 2006. Must've been amazing.

Thanks!

My wife got me tickets to the opening Dallas game in 2010, and we were literally fifteen feet in front of your namesake. It was unreal.

I guess my real question is what it's like when the game is all the way over at the other side of the field? I think that the new HD screens help, right? Also, I couldn't imagine sitting there during the Hand of G-d play or the Carolina game in 2006. Must've been amazing.

The HD screens make a huge difference when you are in the end zone. They were one of the reasons I agreed to move to the lower level after 7 years in the upper deck. Funny thing....lots of folks refuse to move to the end zone because they have better "views"on the the sideline in the upper deck. But you are still closer to the action from your lower level end zone seat. But the aerial view from the upper deck is missed. It was easier to see the play develop from the upper deck. However, the feeling of being part of the pandemonia (the few times it happens), is much greater in the lower deck. It is louder and more exciting hands down. And nothing is more exciting when a Redskin running back or receiver is running directly at you and you can see the running lane open (or close). I have no regrets moving from the 5 yard line upper deck to the endzone. Hopefully, I move around to the sideline in a few years. I got my upgrade last year and see no reason I won't get upgraded this year one more section. The guy next to me got upgraded two sections last year.

Oh...forgot about the HD screens. It's like watching on your HDTV at home in your living room. Several times I got so entranced watching play on the screen I forgot the team had moved passed the 50 yard line closer to me!

It's my understanding that those seats are not included in the general pool of seats available to the public as season tickets. So no, you shouldn't be upgraded into them - but you might call and double check. 301 276-6050.

I have a parking question, I assume it belongs in this thread?

Has anyone used the EV (electric vehicle) plug-in spots that are supposed to be somewhere around the solar panels on the south side of the stadium? How do those work? Do you need a particular color of parking pass to access those spots? Or do you just need an EV?

I checked them out up close last fall right after they were installed. There are two groups of them. One in the Platinum A lot, the other in the purple G or H lot. They're in the lots right up next to the ring road. So I'd imagine you'd need passes for those lots.

I don't know how they work.

Hmm, thanks. All I have is two orange passes for each game. I have to see if I can figure out how to get myself a purple pass. I'm planning on trying to go gas-free this season (other than Ben's Chili Bowl of course). It would be nice to top off while there (and keep the A/C or heater on)

• 3 months later...

Thought I would bump this thread for all the folks getting new tickets or ticket upgrades.

The OP is THE most complete information about all things FedEx Field. Mark the Homer knows more about FedEx Field than any Redskins official. Learn something new every time I read through this thread. This thread can also be accessed by clicking on Mark the Homer's signature when you see one of his posts.

I've said it before, but it needs to be said again. OUTSTANDING work Mr. Homer!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this guide! it's really amazing source.

i noticed that the OP said 200's row 8 had a bit of a blocked view, i presume by the tunnel but couldnt find any pics or more info. I'm wondering if you know of any pics or have an opinion of these seats.

it's my 3rd year as a STH and i got lucky ( i think) and went from 426 to 217 row 8, which i was super excited about as i somehow bypassed the endzone and love the 200 level until i noticed the line that these had a rail blocking the view.

would love to get someone's opinion that's sat in these seats. Hopefully it's not that i should call up the TO and complain but any feedback would be great

hail!

Thanks for this guide! it's really amazing source.

i noticed that the OP said 200's row 8 had a bit of a blocked view, i presume by the tunnel but couldnt find any pics or more info. I'm wondering if you know of any pics or have an opinion of these seats.

it's my 3rd year as a STH and i got lucky ( i think) and went from 426 to 217 row 8, which i was super excited about as i somehow bypassed the endzone and love the 200 level until i noticed the line that these had a rail blocking the view.

would love to get someone's opinion that's sat in these seats. Hopefully it's not that i should call up the TO and complain but any feedback would be great

hail!

There are no obstructed views in any 200's row 8. I believe you might be referring to the row 8 problems in some the upper deck seats (400's). The only way a rail would be in your way in the 200's is if you are less than about 5 feet tall.

phew, I'm a whopping 5'8". I was referring to the below. I have seats 21&22 which i was thinking might aisle. thanks for the response.

"Aisle seats in:

200 level, Row 1

200 level, Row 6 - sidelines sections on home side

200 level, Row 8

300 level, Row 10

300 level, Row 15

400 level, Row 4

400 level, Row 9

These are all aisle seats that are either near the landing of a tunnel entrance or behind a railing that wraps around the back of a tunnel entrance. Seats directly behind these seats or adjacent to these seats can have impeded views as well (see the links below). Both the flow of fan traffic and the steel railing that runs along the top and sides of the tunnel or tunnel landing will block the view of part of the field. There is no phrase printed on these tickets to warn a buyer of the obstructed view. Be wary of seats on the aisle in these rows. In addition, the three rows of Dream Seats (aka Field Club seats) have a view that will be impeded by those standing on the sidelines, such as players, coaches, lineskeepers, photographers, etc. "

Picture the tunnel in the 200 level. There are aisles on each side going up. That's two aisles. As they get to the top of the tunnel they turn and meet in the middle, becoming one aisle, and then continue up the section toward the OVs.

200 level Row 8 aisle seats are behind the tunnel, and because of this, have an aisle that runs in front of them. They also have a railing in front of them. Due to the minimum pitch relative to upper level seats, the railing is not as intrusive as on the upper deck or club level. And, of course, you'll have aisle traffic walking in front of you. The aisle is slightly below you, so it's not horrible, but in my opinion, the seats aren't quite as nice as they would be if they were in Row 7, on the aisle, for example.

Now, I'm sure some yahoo will post "You're crazy MTH! I love my row 8 seats! I can lean foward against the railing and rest my chin on it and high five the hot girls that walk by .... "

And that's fine.

U should visit the stadium to inspect before u sign. The TO is usually cool with it, but call first. The foot traffic and people who stand on the stair platforms to watch the plays would be enough to make me pass on those seats, but some people probably don't mind.

MTH and Fedex - thanks for the input. I'm going to call the TO and see what they say. I think i might stick it out this year and hopefully get bumped up a row next year. Seems like i'm better off here than being in the end zone, especially long term. I used to sit in 204 row 1 with a family friend years ago and really loved the seats. Hopefully the foot traffic won't be too bad. if it is, we'll see how my wife feels about me high fiveing hot girls that walk by. :)

I got assigned to Section 206 row 8 seats 23-25. I'm really excited about my new seat assignment but am trying to figure out where exactly they are. Does anybody know which side of Section 206 these are on - the side closer to the 50 or the side closer to the end zone? And are these on an aisle?

I got assigned to Section 206 row 8 seats 23-25. I'm really excited about my new seat assignment but am trying to figure out where exactly they are. Does anybody know which side of Section 206 these are on - the side closer to the 50 or the side closer to the end zone? And are these on an aisle?

Corner endzone, stairs to your immediate left if you're facing the field.

You would be on the left edge of your section closer to the end zone....and the aisle/stairs on your left as RFK points out. Don't know if you have aisle seats but you are pretty close to the end of the row if not on the aisle.

EDIT...Mr Know it all beat me to it.... :D

Just got my seats, section 130 row 19 seats 1 & 2. Looks like we'll be up against a wall at the end of the row with no aisle on that side, is that the case?

I don't know what you're talking about. There is nothing unusual about section 130. There are aisles on both sides of it. There's no wall anywhere near you.

phew, I'm a whopping 5'8". I was referring to the below. I have seats 21&22 which i was thinking might aisle. thanks for the response.

the flow of fan traffic

And, of course, you'll have aisle traffic walking in front of you.

"aisle traffic" or "fan traffic" is something that is overlooked when people have the opportunity to select seats. On the surface, aisle seats seems like a pretty good idea. At least we thought so, until we had them.

Years ago, we had seats 1 &2 in row 29 of the uppers. The "fan traffic" was the worse thing about it. It drove us nuts...all of the people who blocked our views walking up and down the steps and the constant up & down so people could get by. I swear that section and row had the fans with the weakest bladders!

I'm not sure how it works for all sections in the uppers, but the only way I can suggest aisle seats is, if you can snag rows 2, 3 or 4. Depending on the fortitude of your row mates bladders, there is very little "fan traffic" to contend with. That's because you access your seats by walking through the tunnel. The rest of the seats are accessed by walking up the steps that are above the tunnel. We don't care for row 1, because the drainage is poor, (at least in 431 it is), and after a rain or snow storm, water puddles up on the floor.

We have aisle seats in row 2, and absolutely love them. So much so, that we don't choose the automatic upgrade option.

has anyone actually been able to purchase the standing room yet?
I did. I have 3 LL seats, and my brother wanted to get in on the UL SRO. So I purchased through My Account tab on Redskins.com. Final price of $329 after the "service fee". No shipping charges though, so at least they will ship with reg tix.

Archived