Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

Panda, I was resistant to you and your crew at first, but you've now been persistent long enough that I'll welcome you to our house.

Do yourself a favor and buy lower level tix. Spend the extra cash to make your trip worthwhile. Everything is so much better downstairs; fan atmosphere, the jumbo trons, convenience getting to the seats and in/out of the stadium. If you've sat in the upper deck at Met Life you know what a pain in the tail the escalators and ramps are, it’s even worse here.

Wait till closer to game week to purchase your seats. It’s not like the Jets or Skins are flirting with perfection, so ticket demand should be about average for what we normally see at FedEx. If you call the Skins ticket office during gameweek they usually have lowers at face, often sets of 4. All you have to do is join the waiting list and you'll be given a customer ID # to purchase now. Disregard the concept of a 'waiting list' as its little more than a customer data base.

Ya Skins fans, I rarely welcome opposing colors, but Panda has been here for months and the Jets fans have suffered for decades; so I feel bad for him as a fellow football fan. It's not like our fans can't easily buy tix also.

I appreciate that man. To be honest we will probably end up buying two sets of 4 or 6 in the LL and just go from there because 90% of us have LL season tickets anyways. I probably need to sit in the LL now since I broke my left foot at the Chargers/Jets game on Sunday, celebrating in the parking lot ... not one of my greatest moments, that's for sure. Jumping up and down with everyone, as I always do, I landed awkwardly and felt a pop .. went to the ER Monday morning and sure enough, I broke it, haha. The Skins game is in 6 weeks though, so I'm hoping by then I"ll have the boot off or at least will be able to walk on it so I can enjoy the trip! The next home game in three weeks, against the Patriots, should be a doozy, but they'd have to put me in the ground to keep me away from the stadium.

---------- Post added October-25th-2011 at 08:06 AM ----------

Yeah, certain fanbases I have no trouble with especially if you can talk football with them on a reasonable level, and the Jets fans have had some miserable seasons and coaches to endure, that being said, Leave Fireman Ed at home!

Unless it's a playoff game, Ed doesn't travel. You'd be surprised to know that a lot of Jets fans dislike him for many reasons. He's not exactly the nicest guy, nor do we take kind to the fact that he was a Dolphins fan for his first few years of life, then switched over to the Jets when he was in High School.

Gotta couple questions. They might be answered in this thread already so if anybody knows what page or post that would help to.

I'm coming up there for the 49er game with 3 of my buddies and were looking for a decent hotel to stay at. Trying not to stray away too far from Fedex, any suggestions would be awesome.

Also one of my friends is a Giants fan and would like to catch most of his game at 4. Any suggestions on where would be the closest place to go? I know traffic is hell after the game, would public transportation be better? Is there any places in Fedex to watch the 4pm games? Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys!

I am trying to get my trip planned for the Dallas game next month and have a few questions.

Has anyone sat in the Loge section 354 before and if so are they good seats? I have never been to FedEx Field so i do not know what to expect.

Also can anybody tell me where is a good place to stay thats close?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So I've landed section 115 row 27, I believe. These aren't the obstructed view seats are they? That's only the 200s? Row 27 just sounds far back like it would be in the cave. how many rows per section anyway?

They aren't obstructed - even a cursory look at the first page of this guide would tell you that. No obstructeds in the 100 level.

---------- Post added December-1st-2011 at 11:55 PM ----------

Question -

In the Executive suites, do you have assigned seat? Or do you just grab whatever seats are open?

So I've landed section 115 row 27, I believe. These aren't the obstructed view seats are they? That's only the 200s? Row 27 just sounds far back like it would be in the cave. how many rows per section anyway?
115 is mid corner, visiting side near the tunnel. I think there are 28 rows there. Clear view. The overhang is another 5-6 rows back.
Question -

In the Executive suites, do you have assigned seat? Or do you just grab whatever seats are open?

No, I've never heard of assigned seats in there. But the suite is leased by somebody, so if you have tickets, although you have the right to a seat, you are sort of a guest, so keep that in mind. Also, the suite owner can invite a limited number of guests that don't even have suite tickets, so it's possible there will be more people in the suite than seats at the window. And sometimes people will get there early and throw their coat on a good seat and then leave and go wherever.
This is a fantastic post about the Fedex Field and give a lot of people insight into how a stadium operates on gameday, thanks Mark!

The ES Staff is here to serve. ;)

Mark,

I'm almost positive that if one has an actual ticket for a suite, they are guaranteed an assigned seat within that suite.

Edit 12/3/11

My suite experience was with a guest pass, not an actual suite ticket.

Nobody really cares who has what seat printed on their ticket bc suite patrons tend to stand or sit elsewhere within their own suite. The game viewing chairs at the front of the room tend to limit social interaction, so half of the patrons seem to avoid sitting up there. The bar stools and living room style furniture tend to be more appealing than sitting with your back to your peers.

Dirt, I think you'll be fine unless your suite is totally packed with guests for a party, or something of that nature.

Mark,

I'm almost positive that if one has an actual ticket for a suite, they are guaranteed an assigned seat within that suite. When I get home I'll check my stub from a game I attended in a suite at FedEx several years back.

However, it’s almost a moot point bc I've found that a majority of the game viewing chairs within the suites remain vacant for most of the game. I've observed this in all four major sports, all venues. Nobody really cares who has what seat printed on their ticket bc suite patrons tend to stand or sit elsewhere within their own suite. The game viewing chairs at the front of the room tend to limit social interaction, so half of the patrons seem to avoid sitting up there. The bar stools and living room style furniture tend to be more appealing than sitting with your back to your peers.

That's interesting. I bought a pair of lower suit sideline tickets off stubhub for the Vikings game for $100 each (hot market for that game LOL).

I guess we'll find out what it's like. I'll certainly be pissed if there isn't a seat waiting for me.

FWIW: When i sat in a suite there were no assigned seats. You just kinda filled in wherever there was room.

As a matter of fact, I think there were more people in the suite than actual seats in the window viewing area.

I've sat in suites for Redskins, Nationals, Orioles, and Caps. I don't ever remember a seat assignment. My tickets just say suite #xxx.

If you have an actual suite ticket, you are guaranteed one of the seats in the box, but the suite owner also has suite passes, that will allow others in the suite. You still need a ticket to enter the game, but the pass allows you in the suite, and those passes dont mean you get one of the seats, just entry into the box

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Being that we're obviously going to have RGIII behind Flynn, who is the backup for Manning, I figured that I would jump on some tickets for this year. I've gotten them in row 27 or 28 in 108 (lower level, corner endzone but back a section; same as 115, 116, 136, 137, 128, and 129). These ones are by the tunnel so that I can be that Bears fan who jumped 30 feet to catch a bad field goal attempt or whatever it was. Anyone have any experience that far back in one of those sections? I'm not complaining; I was in 402/401 in the 20's for a few years. Just wanted input from others.

Thanks!

Archived