Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Definitely a good movie, but not even the best movie made that year. :D

Tom Hanks had the best performance. You can't help but become intrigued. But you're right, Shawshank should have won. Not as bad as Dances with Wolves beating Goodfellas in 1990 though. That's just a travesty.

So after years of talking about it, I'm finally doing it. I'm going back to school. I got into the pre-nursing program at Allegany College of Maryland, in Cumberland. (I say "got in" even though it's a community college. :ols:)

I have one pre-req that I need to take, and I need to get my GPA up just a little bit to get into the nursing program, but I'll be doing that this spring. The actual nursing program is VERY competitive.

Wish me luck. I haven't been a student in 14 years, but I'm determined to make this happen.

Good for you HH, and theres nothing wrong with community colleges, hell I went to one before I transferred to UMD. More and more people are going back to school, so you definitely won't be alone. Good luck bro, get that paper!

Yessir!

And yeah, there's no shame in a CC, especially when it's a two-year program anyway. It just sounds funny to say "accepted" into a college that virtually everyone gets into. The real test will be getting into the program. That, like I said, is VERY competitive.

The good news is, with summer classes, I should be able to get my LPN license in right at a year; and become an RN a year after that. As far as training for a very solid, very secure career goes, it doesn't get much better than that.

I'm thinking seriously about pediatrics. I always kind of thought that I wouldn't be able to stomach seeing kids suffer, or worse. But the more I think about it, it doesn't seem to me that there is anything out there potentially more rewarding. Sure, there's bound to me some heartache, but what better place is there to make a difference than in the lives of children?

I just wish I could start now. Waiting until the spring is gonna drive me nuts.

So after years of talking about it, I'm finally doing it. I'm going back to school. I got into the pre-nursing program at Allegany College of Maryland, in Cumberland. (I say "got in" even though it's a community college. :ols:)

I have one pre-req that I need to take, and I need to get my GPA up just a little bit to get into the nursing program, but I'll be doing that this spring. The actual nursing program is VERY competitive.

Wish me luck. I haven't been a student in 14 years, but I'm determined to make this happen.

Splendid, HH! I'm sure you'll do a great job.

Archived