Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

A friend and I were gonna go on a cruise over spring break but decided to put it off for next year when both of us turn 21 around spring time. This year I get to spend my break in Ohio :rolleyes:.

Surely after undergrad, I wanna move to Colorado or Switzerland, play guitar, learn how to snowboard and do absolutely nothing for a year before trying for grad school. A few more years of chemistry and biology and I might spontaneously combust.

:D

I was legitimately supposed to move out to CO this week and work at Keystone teaching snowboarding lessons haha, it would be soooo stellar.

Random: If actions speak louder than words, than why is the pen mightier than the sword?

:D

I was legitimately supposed to move out to CO this week and work at Keystone teaching snowboarding lessons haha, it would be soooo stellar.

Random: If actions speak louder than words, than why is the pen mightier than the sword?

Nice, my after undergrad plan is either to learn how to snowboard or drive around the country on a massive road trip and eat food from different places. Haven't made up my mind yet :D.

napoleon quote on jesus is my example of why pen is greater than the sword

Well then, I will tell you. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne and I myself have founded great empires; but upon what did these creations of our genius depend? Upon force. Jesus alone founded His empire upon love, and to this very day millions will die for Him.... I think I understand something of human nature; and I tell you, all these were men, and I am a man: none else is like Him; Jesus Christ was more than man.... I have inspired multitudes with such an enthusiastic devotion that they would have died for me.... but to do this it was necessary that I should be visibly present with the electric influence of my looks, my words, of my voice. When I saw men and spoke to them, I lighted up the flame of self-devotion in their hearts.... Christ alone has succeeded in so raising the mind of man toward the unseen, that it becomes insensible to the barriers of time and space. Across a chasm of eighteen hundred years, Jesus Christ makes a demand which is beyond all others to satisfy; He asks for that which a philosopher may seek in vain at the hands of his friends, or a father of his children, or a bride of her spouse, or a man of his brother. He asks for the human heart; He will have it entirely to Himself. He demands it unconditionally; and forthwith His demand is granted. Wonderful! In defiance of time and space, the soul of man, with all its powers and faculties, becomes an annexation to the empire of Christ. All who sincerely believe in Him, experience that remarkable, supernatural love toward Him. This phenomenon is accountable; it is altogether beyond the scope of man's creative powers. Time, the great destroyer, is powerless to extinguish this sacred flame; time can neither exhaust its strength nor put a limit to its range. This is it, which strikes me most; I have often thought of it. This is which proves to me quite convincingly the Divinity of Jesus Christ.1

It was raining hard most of the day in Dallas yesterday. But then all of a sudden the rain slowed periodically in the afternoon and the sun came out for a few minutes. At the time, I happened to be driving with the sun at my back. The result was the biggest and probably most vivid rainbow I've ever seen. And I was at a spot where the entire rainbow could be seen, from one end all the way to the other. Plus there was another rainbow next to it, so it was double. It's been awhile since I've seen a rainbow, and I've definitely never seen one that magnificent. It lasted only a short while and then the clouds covered up the sun again. I thought quick and snapped a few pics with my phone. If I knew how to transfer pics from my phone to here I'd post them.

All the chill goes away as the day progresses. 56 degrees now :D

Anyway I was listening to noted DC legend Tony Kornheiser on radio and he was discussing college students and laptops.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/08/AR2010030804915.html?hpid=topnews

Another item was noticeable in its absence: laptop computers. They were packed away under chairs, tucked into backpacks, powered down and forgotten.

Cole has banned laptops from his classes, compelling students to take notes the way their parents did: on paper.

A generation ago, academia embraced the laptop as the most welcome classroom innovation since the ballpoint pen. But during the past decade, it has evolved into a powerful distraction.

Wireless Internet connections tempt students away from note-typing to e-mail, blogs, YouTube videos, sports scores, even online gaming -- all the diversions of a home computer beamed into the classroom to compete with the professor for the student's attention.

"This is like putting on every student's desk, when you walk into class, five different magazines, several television shows, some shopping opportunities and a phone, and saying, 'Look, if your mind wanders, feel free to pick any of these up and go with it,' " Cole said.

Personally as an undergraduate I took many of my notes on paper, I probably still have the big 3 ring notebooks around here somewhere of all my notes. Rarely used laptops to take notes...if you have a laptop open during a lecture you can easily get distracted and I'd just end up surfing ES instead of paying attention to lecture. I approve of any professor banning laptops from classes, it seems kind of rude

All the chill goes away as the day progresses. 56 degrees now :D

Anyway I was listening to noted DC legend Tony Kornheiser on radio and he was discussing college students and laptops.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/08/AR2010030804915.html?hpid=topnews

Personally as an undergraduate I took many of my notes on paper, I probably still have the big 3 ring notebooks around here somewhere of all my notes. Rarely used laptops to take notes...if you have a laptop open during a lecture you can easily get distracted and I'd just end up surfing ES instead of paying attention to lecture. I approve of any professor banning laptops from classes, it seems kind of rude

Was he talking about it in response to the professor telling his class that Justice Roberts was stepping down?? We talked about this in class last night, as half of us were surfing the net ;) (our prof noted that she didn't give a **** what we do on our computers in class, so long as it doesn't bother the rest of the class, as we're paying to be there)

I was wrong, the hot chick is half pakistani and half algerian....and fully god damn hot.

She asked me to eat dinner with her after class and gave me her number...then I impressed her with my urdu/hindi skills...I think shes smitten :silly:

Nicely done my friend.

Nicely done indeed.

I was wrong, the hot chick is half pakistani and half algerian....and fully god damn hot.

She asked me to eat dinner with her after class and gave me her number...then I impressed her with my urdu/hindi skills...I think shes smitten :silly:

Hmm.

BLTO - I've been following your antics on here for a couple years now. Invite her to draft day. Then we'll see what's up. :)

Hmm.

BLTO - I've been following your antics on here for a couple years now. Invite her to draft day. Then we'll see what's up. :)

I see I'm not the only one who is calling Bull**** on this one.

:rotflmao:

Touche...

but the combination of Pakistani and Algerian? That seems kinda rare...I think she's Berber like Zinadine Zadane.

Perhaps I will...she lives near Baltimore though :whoknows:

EDIT: Wait, just realized something....this is your plan to get me to spill all the Ellen secrets I know! I knew it! Sneaky Mark, very clever though ;)

Archived