Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Anyhow...

Apparently on Facebook, you can post videos of people shooting coyotes with a hand gun in fist person view, you can post videos of people bleeding out from self inflicted knife wounds. Heaven forbid you post a video montage of your one year old son set to copyrighted music, that's taking it too far.

I get so caught up in catching up with you guys that I forget to check my lotto tix, dammit! 

Great news, Dave! *RTT has become Team Abby...and that's awesome!* 

Sorry, Springy...copyrighted music is COPIED ALL DAY LONG.  "They" should realize these things.  A true duh moment for the industry.  And Chad Dukes is on the radio here too.  I miss Kordell Stewart.  True first-hand accounts of stuff. 

I've got a really wild story (if I can keep all of this chick's lies straight enough to type, I might have to draw a flowchart or some ****)...one of my crazy drunk regulars & I share the same hairdresser.  Well, y'all know how "barber shop talk" is...

Apparently, she owes my hairdresser some money.  (It's not uncommon for HD to put hair product on a "house account", she wants you to keep your hair pretty, even if you can't pay her right away...she's super cool like that...I've known her 25 years.)  Stories surrounding the delay in chick's payment include, but are not limited to:  car crash, divorce, loss of job, stolen purse (the same one she brought in a few days ago) and HD texted me last night that it's escalated to "attacked & robbed".  

I don't know what to think.  But then again, she pays me, so I really wanna jack up her jaw & tell her to pay my HD.

I said I want to, not that I'm gonna.  (But she's a lightweight, and after her 2nd chardonnay, I think I could take her. :lol:)

And I've gotten the snot beaten outta me too, for messin' with another girl's dude back in the Navy.  It was 30 years ago, and I know better than to fight now.  It just pisses me off because my HD has been through soooo much in the last year...her dad and her boyfriend died, she watched her awesome dog get hit by a car right in front of the salon she owns (not like she can move, and has to re-live it every day), etc.

We waited tables together when she was first getting her clientele established in the early 90s...she trimmed my bangs for a wedding I came into town for from Savannah at 1:30 in the morning in her driveway...she's awesome...when her house flooded, I went over & helped clean...and for someone to take advantage of her pisses me off.  Some of my best guy friends even go to her. 

Straight men go to barber shops. 

I think you misread that also, I was not the one that was nearly knocked out. 

Not where I am.  We network...I work in one county, live just across another county line.  I do almost zero commerce in the county where I live.

We have 2 QuikTrips near my house, one in mine, one just across the line.  I buy my gas at the one over the line because it's on the right hand side of the road. (thinking person's game).

I'm typing nuts right now...the Dave Mirra thing threw me totally off my game. Sorry.

Yeah, I met Bob Hannah on the patio of a bar where my buddy was playing/singing on a Sunday afternoon, and a few years later, the X Games started.  My brother had dirt bikes, I rode 'em, crashed 'em, etc.  I also had busted my ass big time on a skateboard in 7th grade...so I tuned in, and stayed that way every year. 

I can't imagine.  It's just super sad.  (btw, I know BMX isn't MotoX)

I'm hoping for a big ESPN tribute.  Dude was everything to everyone who wished their bike could reach the sky.

I hear ya, but all the barber shops in my area suck. 

I go to Sport Clips. Pretty girls in yoga pants give hair cuts, wash your hair like it's foreplay then give you a shoulder rub. 

I'm a huge Chad Dukes fan. Not for his radio show, I don't listen to that, but for his podcast.

A long time ago, probably 2003 ish, Chad Dukes was a Junkies minion and he called into the Elliot in the morning show on DC101 pretending to be Lance Armstrong. Pretty awesome prank he pulled off.

I think there is one Puerto Rican guy who cuts hair here, but that means I'm getting the shaved straight edges everywhere, my hair will be too short and require a lot of grease. The rest are all young black kids, who never use scissors.

You can tell me all the human race is the same all you want, but when you walk into a barber shop, that **** is straight out the window. I've got a big beautiful flowing mane. It's one of my best features. These gorgeous locks can't be handled like no afro.

It's almost time for my yearly trim too. I'm kind of sweating it. I'm cheap as **** and think anything more than $10 is a lot for a hair cut. I had the same guy cutting it in an old school barber shop for most of my life. If I safely want a trim now, it's an expensive salon. 

And that's why my guy friends go to her.  She makes them attractive to the opposite sex. 

Think about it.

The very first friend I made here(my ex's best friend, and he's been my go-to home-repair dude ever since my ex left me here) goes to her...he ended up with a great gal.  See?

I loved Tame Impala's first album Innerspeaker. Haven't listened to the other ones yet.

Listened to Innerspeaker on Jewtube yesterday.  I dug it, pretty solid.  Not sure which album I like more.  I love their sound.  

Tame is coming to Red Rocks in August, but tickets aren't on sale yet.  I'll definitely be there, just gotta pray their show isn't overrun by hipsters.   :(  They need to leave that show for regular folks and wookies LOL

I hear ya, but all the barber shops in my area suck.

I go to Sport Clips. Pretty girls in yoga pants give hair cuts, wash your hair like it's foreplay then give you a shoulder rub.

I have to agree with Elessar. I go to Sport Clips too. I have a girl that cuts my hair (Kim) all the time. She knows how I want it cut and isn't afraid to cut the top. The others are hesitant because I'm thinning and they're afraid I'll think it's too short. But what they don't realize is, the shorter it is, the fuller it looks. They want to leave me looking like I'm trying to sport a combover.

And Elessar, not all the girls in my store are pretty and at least half of them shouldn't be wearing yoga pants.

I haven't been to a "Barber Shop" since I was a little boy. Every since I was a teenager, I've always gone to "Haircut" places. Men's Barber Shops remind me of Andy and the boys in Mayberry getting their hair cut by half blind Floyd. My Dad still goes to a Barber Shop and I swear, every time I see him after his hair is cut, it looks like they cut his hair with a lawn trimmer (uneven) or it is cut WAY too short for him.

Razor strap sharpening, talcum powder on the neck, witch hazel wearing, Moe bowl cut, striped pole turning, grumpy old men complaining about the world looking gump asses. :lol:

Archived