Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Not that extreme... but close to it. But I do need some ****ing friends... lol

Only reason I'm even thinking about this is because my girl is going out of town tonight and I don't have anything to do until Saturday. 

Like I said, I have friends, I just ain't got nobody to kick it with outside of my girlfriend. 

Not that extreme... but close to it. But I do need some ****ing friends... lol

Only reason I'm even thinking about this is because my girl is going out of town tonight and I don't have anything to do until Saturday.

Like I said, I have friends, I just ain't got nobody to kick it with outside of my girlfriend.

You find as you get older that your "Acquaintance" list sjyrockets dramatically, while your friend list dwindles dramatically. Unless you are that guy that needs a ton of friends or acquaintances for self esteem reasons. Or you're rich, or a celebrity

Right now, I would say that I have a lot of acquaintances, but only about 6 people I would call true friends. Coworkers are cool, you do stuff like shoot pool, go to sports bars, etc, but I wouldn't compare that to a true friendship. And with my friends, we don't see each other that often because we're all busy, and yes, married or with kids, or in a serious relationship.

I had friends growing up in both neighborhoods I was in. I had friends in HS that I'd hang out with.  I had friends in college and after college that I'd hang out with.  All of this was from birth until I was about 32.  I moved to FL in 1998 and had work friends who were also hang out friends. I met my ex-wife there and we would hang out with her cousins and their spouses/significant others.

Then I moved to SC in 2005.  My ex-wife made a lot of friends. She probably has about 10 close friends here. I was stuck talking to the husbands. Some were OK, but none of them had the same interests as me.  Most of the couples we hung around with had little kids, so it just wasn't feasbable to hang around with them all the time.

I've lived here for 10 years and I don't have "one" close buddy that I hang around with.  I'm 47 and at that age, guys have teenagers that they are trying to get ready to send to college.  I got one guy that plays in a band that I occassionally go watch, but he has two small girls and is married. 

I'm not sure why I've had such a difficult time making friends here. I guess I felt comfortable hanging with my wife and the other couples that I never went out of my way to make a friend.

It's going to be difficult to find a middle aged, sports loving, unmarried guy to hang out with.  I need to find a hobby or something.  One of my wife's friends joined a group through the website "Meet up" or something like that.  She gets together with other American's that want to learn to speak Spanish. Maybe I'll check the site this weekend for groups that interest me.

For now, I go to places by myself. I try not to "sit around" and keep busy. But it's hard to go to certain events by yourself with no one to talk to.

My problem is all of my friends live about 45 mins - 1 hour away (with the exception of one).  Working from home, makes it basically impossible to meet anyone for lunch cause I only get one hour and the halfway point to meet up would take me 30 mins.  

And all of our friends are also couples/married with kids/multiple kids.  Seems like they are always on the go too on weekends.  Now that school has started back up for Tazette, I'll have more weekend time available, scheduled around UNCC football (but its not every Sat.) and only for 6 games.  

I need to get out more too.  Outside of swim lessons at 10:00 am on Sat. mornings, Tazette's activities are during the week nights (dance, gymnastics).  

I had friends growing up in both neighborhoods I was in. I had friends in HS that I'd hang out with.  I had friends in college and after college that I'd hang out with.  All of this was from birth until I was about 32.  I moved to FL in 1998 and had work friends who were also hang out friends. I met my ex-wife there and we would hang out with her cousins and their spouses/significant others.

Then I moved to SC in 2005.  My ex-wife made a lot of friends. She probably has about 10 close friends here. I was stuck talking to the husbands. Some were OK, but none of them had the same interests as me.  Most of the couples we hung around with had little kids, so it just wasn't feasbable to hang around with them all the time.

I've lived here for 10 years and I don't have "one" close buddy that I hang around with.  I'm 47 and at that age, guys have teenagers that they are trying to get ready to send to college.  I got one guy that plays in a band that I occassionally go watch, but he has two small girls and is married. 

I'm not sure why I've had such a difficult time making friends here. I guess I felt comfortable hanging with my wife and the other couples that I never went out of my way to make a friend.

It's going to be difficult to find a middle aged, sports loving, unmarried guy to hang out with.  I need to find a hobby or something.  One of my wife's friends joined a group through the website "Meet up" or something like that.  She gets together with other American's that want to learn to speak Spanish. Maybe I'll check the site this weekend for groups that interest me.

For now, I go to places by myself. I try not to "sit around" and keep busy. But it's hard to go to certain events by yourself with no one to talk to.

yeah, i'm 47 also. and when i look at it from the outside, it is amazing how much of a homebody i have become.  My wife and kids ARE my socal life.  I would be floating in a haze for a bit if i no longer had my wife to hang out with

It's going to be difficult to find a middle aged, sports loving, unmarried guy to hang out with.  

Us married guys need to get out too lol  Especially ones that spend almost the entire day in their house........bout to go crazy like Jack in the Shinning.  If I start posting, "All work and no play makes Taze a dull boy." over and over again, get me some help!

tumblr_m11wxp5k5F1qgcra2o1_500.gif

ctr2d0oofw0pqxawamvx.jpg

My fear is that I get into a rut with the breakup.  Before I moved to FL, I was living in So. MD and I had outgrown my friends and the area.  That was my main reason for moving to FL.  I would never go out and was very lonely.  Not much to do in SoMD.  You have to go to DC and I wasn't really into that. 

I'm not big on going to bars or things like that.  That's why I think I need to find some special interest groups to try and make friends. I've been trying to get out, but with moving to the new townhouse, I've been mainly working on the house.  Now that I'm pretty settled in, there isn't much to do. I just figured out that this will be the first weekend since June that I'll have nothing to do and nowhere to go.

I've been working with my couselor on not getting back into the lonely blahs.

Archived