Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Your Canes will rise again, they always do.  

Dunno about that. Things aren't the way they used to be. Recruiting isn't what it used to be. All these SEC schools and their blank checks gobbling up a **** ton of South Florida prospects, with their high tech facilities, and their sweet, thunderously loud stadiums. And UM is ****ing with crumbs, and an atmosphere simply not conducive to running a dominant football program. They simply cannot compete with an Ohio St, or an Aabama, or an LSU, or an Oregon, etc. I used to hate when Spartacus would post the in-game stadium pics, but its the truth. No one cares.

A lot of kids these days aren't about going somewhere and building/rebuilding something that once was, and roughing it. They want to go where the grass is greener, the weight rooms are prettier, etc. These kids in these incoming classes were in pre K when Miami was last dominant on a national scale. They know nothing of that tradition. It just doesn't matter anymore. And it has nothing to do with the coaching. Coker, Shannon, Golden. Doesn't matter. Wouldn't matter if Jimmy Johnson himself came back.  Would be great if a bunch of kids said "Hey, lets all commit to playing here, and bring this **** back," but I have resigned myself to the realization that those days are long gone. And they aren't coming back. At least not the days of having your pick of top talents in the area.

If it does happen, it will have to be more coach than player. And that coach would have to overcome a mountain of bs

Dunno about that. Things aren't the way they used to be. Recruiting isn't what it used to be. All these SEC schools and their blank checks gobbling up a **** ton of South Florida prospects, with their high tech facilities, and their sweet, thunderously loud stadiums. And UM is ****ing with crumbs, and an atmosphere simply not conducive to running a dominant football program. They simply cannot compete with an Ohio St, or an Aabama, or an LSU, or an Oregon, etc. I used to hate when Spartacus would post the in-game stadium pics, but its the truth. No one cares.

A lot of kids these days aren't about going somewhere and building/rebuilding something that once was, and roughing it. They want to go where the grass is greener, the weight rooms are prettier, etc. These kids in these incoming classes were in pre K when Miami was last dominant on a national scale. They know nothing of that tradition. It just doesn't matter anymore. And it has nothing to do with the coaching. Coker, Shannon, Golden. Doesn't matter. Wouldn't matter if Jimmy Johnson himself came back.  Would be great if a bunch of kids said "Hey, lets all commit to playing here, and bring this **** back," but I have resigned myself to the realization that those days are long gone. And they aren't coming back. At least not the days of having your pick of top talents in the area.

If it does happen, it will have to be more coach than player. And that coach would have to overcome a mountain of bs

in MY day..

the kids would come to school and build their own programs...

hell...

we had to build our own schools...

using mud made with our own sweat and piss...

and we LIKED it!

Grumpy-old-man.jpg

Try being a Mountaineer fan your whole life.

That '05-'08 backfield tho....

in MY day..

the kids would come to school and build their own programs...

hell...

we had to build our own schools...

using mud made with our own sweat and piss...

and we LIKED it!

Thats what I'm talkin' bout! They need some of that.  Hand fishing and hunter gathering, and living in caves and ****, wallowing in ****. Eating ****.

That '05-'08 backfield tho....

Still think their best chance at that MNC was with Major Harris. When Major got hurt in the 1Q of the 1989 MNC (Fiesta Bowl), I knew WVU might be cursed forever.

But don't get me started on what RichRod did or didn't do in 2007 at that Pitt game. ****ing ****er needs still needs to go **** himself.

:P

Yeah I'm not sure there's more a cursed fan in America then me and t.e.g.

WVU and 'Skins....I sometimes seriously question if I'm doing right by my kids raising them for this.

All I know is what I've told my closest friends. If WVU ever wins a championship in Football or Basketball or WHEN the Skins win another SB - I am going to rub that **** in everywhere I go.

;)

That's awesome. Single man, that's all you need. One room as an office/ guest room, another as an actual guest room (closest to the second bath), and you are all set. Laundry upstairs or first floor ?

Three bedrooms upstairs. 2 full baths upstairs. I'm going to convert the tub in the master to a shower only, since there is a tub in the main bathroom. Powder room downstairs. Laundry downstairs just off the kitchen. Living room, dining room and breakfast area.

They counter offered this afternoon, so I counter/counter offered. Probably hear something tomorrow.

Three bedrooms upstairs. 2 full baths upstairs. I'm going to convert the tub in the master to a shower only, since there is a tub in the main bathroom. Powder room downstairs. Laundry downstairs just off the kitchen. Living room, dining room and breakfast area.

They counter offered this afternoon, so I counter/counter offered. Probably hear something tomorrow.

Good stuff man. Just call them and tell them it's yours so stop messing around.

Archived