Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

That song is "great?" Holey moley. :ols:

I wouldn't hate on it...just typically average (or maybe slightly below) pop pabulum from over the last 50 years...but....uh...definitely not "great." :D

If I had to name similar songs of such a genre that was closer to anything to be called "great" (like having more than 7 words and 2.5 chords) , I'd say that in this millennium something like "Oops I did it again" or "Since U Been Gone" or "1234" or "Teenage Dream" are all much closer. :ack:

All of which we play during bouts down at the dojo. :ninja:

It's all mainly subjective of course, other than declaring "call me maybe" as being "great." :pfft:

who r you? its brave little toaster oven in a new name! yay you're so cool

well, now everyone knows... (TK spotted him when he first re-appeared and I did soon after)--he has a handful of fake id's now because that's just how sad the little nerdlinger is...i wonder of he knows how many of his "es pals" pm us and give him up...we were seeing if he'd show he'd improved a bit (we do that fairly often when a dupe acct was just a repeating igwad as opposed to much worse)...but he still doesn't show evidence of getting enough of a clue....so we'll use a little heavier technique on him...btw BLTO...get yourself a life someday...not now...I know now you'll be busy making more accts...but someday. You can't stay 13 forever. :)

I've never been a huge fan of pop music, but I do find Call Me Maybe catchy. I don't like the lyrics that much, but I like the track, most likely because I'm a huge fan of house music (and all the sub-genres), and the beat has somewhat of an electro-house sound to it.

---------- Post added July-15th-2012 at 07:15 PM ----------

do people still watch the Simpsons?

I haven't watched an entire season of The Simpsons in almost 10 years. They started to get a little bland around that time imo, and I simply stopped watching around '03/'04.

I'll catch an episode every now and then, but it's just not the same. They had one hell of a run though.

Just watched a Sportscenter special on one of LBJ's harity things called "Wish Upon Lebron," in which he gave 6 people with illnesses/life hardships the red carpet experience. Locker room, hang out during practice, signed shoes and basketballs, courtside seats...the works.

Man, I think I can say with an honest and clear conscience that my hate for Bron is completely gone. Hell, I almost kinda like the guy now LOL.

There is a show on water parks right now on the Travel Channel. I'm scared of water parks, as well as roller coasters in general.

Wasn't always like this

Just get headaches after roller coasters, can't do it no more. And I hate getting wet.

The simpsons got really funny again, but I can't get back into watching religiously like I use to.

That's kinda how it is with me. I used to watch it like hell when I was a kid, but ever since I've stopped watching it, I've developed so many different viewing interests that I can't get into it anymore.

---------- Post added July-15th-2012 at 11:17 PM ----------

There is a show on water parks right now on the Travel Channel. I'm scared of water parks, as well as roller coasters in general.

Wasn't always like this

Just get headaches after roller coasters, can't do it no more. And I hate getting wet.

Do you wear glasses?

I do.

I have worn them for a damn long time, and I went to Kings Dominion in 8th grade and rode those coasters...but some time I got paranoid about losing my glasses or having them fall off

So scared...there's this ride at KD which has logs slam into water at the end, not interested. Hate getting wet, hate fast coasters, hate water parks, hate water slides

---------- Post added July-16th-2012 at 12:27 AM ----------

I remember why I quit riding them now...not only the glasses thing, but the **** feeling after you ride it...the dizziness and nausea

NEver riding one again ever

I do.

I have worn them for a damn long time, and I went to Kings Dominion in 8th grade and rode those coasters...but some time I got paranoid about losing my glasses or having them fall off

So scared...there's this ride at KD which has logs slam into water at the end, not interested. Hate getting wet, hate fast coasters, hate water parks, hate water slides

Yeah I was asking because I wore them when I was younger, and when I went to amusement parks, I would leave them behind. When I would get on some of the rides, I would get really dizzy afterwards (most of which I think was brought on by reduced vision), and later on, I would always get throbbing headaches. I always thought it was vision related, so that's why I asked. Ever since I switched to contacts ('00 onwards) I haven't had any problems.

If your vision isn't bad enough to where you have serious trouble seeing without them, just leave them in your car, or get contacts or something :whoknows:

I'm watching some silly 1998 "sci-fi horror" flick on tv called The Faculty, but weird...what a bunch of big names (some later than sooner) are in it. There's three or four I don't recognize but wouldn't have guesed there'd be so many of these guys in one B movie like this. :ols:

Jordana Brewster

Clea DuVall

Laura Harris

Marybeth Louise Hutchinson

Josh Hartnett

Zeke Tyler

Shawn Hatosy

Stan Rosado

Salma Hayek

Famke Janssen (really yummy here)

Piper Laurie

Christopher McDonald

Bebe Neuwirth

Robert Patrick

Usher Raymond (that Usher)

Gabe Santora

Jon Stewart (yup lol)

Daniel von Barge

Elijah Wood (and he looks like a hobbit here too)

I'm watching some silly 1998 "sci-fi horror" flick on tv called The Faculty, but weird...what a bunch of big names (some later than sooner) are in it. There's three or four I don't recognize but wouldn't have guesed there'd be so many of these guys in one B movie like this. :ols:

Jordana Brewster

Clea DuVall

Laura Harris

Marybeth Louise Hutchinson

Josh Hartnett

Zeke Tyler

Shawn Hatosy

Stan Rosado

Salma Hayek

Famke Janssen (really yummy here)

Piper Laurie

Christopher McDonald

Bebe Neuwirth

Robert Patrick

Usher Raymond (that Usher)

Gabe Santora

Jon Stewart (yup lol)

Daniel von Barge

Elijah Wood (and he looks like a hobbit here too)

I wouldn't consider that a B movie. I remember watching a special about it on MTV back when it first came out.

OMG...I just went over to the ESPN Redskins Board...I know there's one guy there that's a member here. The insults haven't let up, they still bash each other to death. (One guy thinks he got banned because he used something on the ES board as a source, and the network apparently doesn't like that.) All he did was start up with a new name.

Thank God for ES. Hail!

Archived