Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Ain't doing nothing for Valentine's tomorrow

Just typical school ****

7:30 AM arrival at college

8 AM - 10:50 AM: Various time wasting activities including mooching CNN off college cable and chatting on laptop

11 - 12:15 PM Class

12:15 - 6 PM Nap / time wasting activities

I am so sick of hearing about that crack head. Has she done anything relevant in the past 15 years? No...... She was a singer who decided drugs were more important in her life then anything else. She is no hero, and IMO I don't know why anybody is even shocked this happened.

Lets instead of glorifying her take a few minutes to give respect to the people of the military, police, and firefighters who lost their lives on the same day that actually have helped people.

end rant....

Floyd Mayweather is such an idiot...:doh:

Well, race isn't all of it but it absolutely plays a part. If Lin weren't Asian he wouldn't be getting as much attention. However, it's not specifically about him being Asian, it would be the same thing if he was of any other extremely underrepresented race and was doing what he's doing. It's a multi-faceted story: he's from Harvard, was passed over by a bunch of NBA teams (and colleges) and suddenly he's a star but I bet ESPN would be at least slightly less focused if he were a black guy.

Well, race isn't all of it but it absolutely plays a part. If Lin weren't Asian he wouldn't be getting as much attention. However, it's not specifically about him being Asian, it would be the same thing if he was of any other extremely underrepresented race and was doing what he's doing. It's a multi-faceted story: he's from Harvard, was passed over by a bunch of NBA teams (and colleges) and suddenly he's a star but I bet ESPN would be at least slightly less focused if he were a black guy.

Right.

I still want my white feature back, dammit!!!!! :ols:

And I'm fine with an African-American (American?) whipping Mike Phelps' ass in London. ;)

Of course that's part of it, but the guy scored more points in his first 4 or 5 games than ANYONE ever has. That's a big deal, whether you're black, white, asian, etc. The part that upset me most is him saying "black guys do what he's doing every night but don't get the same attention" ..or something along those lines. Uh, no. No, they don't, idiot. Guys like him should keep their damn mouthes shut. I mean, here's a guy that is ****ing SCARED to fight another boxer, yet he calls himself the best around.

Right.

I still want my white feature back, dammit!!!!! :ols:

And I'm fine with an African-American (American?) whipping Mike Phelps' ass in London. ;)

:rotflmao:

I was waiting for your response, you have a sixth sense for these topics.

Of course that's part of it, but the guy scored more points in his first 4 or 5 games than ANYONE ever has. That's a big deal, whether you're black, white, asian, etc. The part that upset me most is him saying "black guys do what he's doing every night but don't get the same attention" ..or something along those lines. Uh, no. No, they don't, idiot. Guys like him should keep their damn mouthes shut. I mean, here's a guy that is ****ing SCARED to fight another boxer, yet he calls himself the best around.

Yeah, that's the stupid part. He's been sensational, no matter what his skin color is.

And Floyd is a punk *****.

It literally took 45 minutes for my cab to get me... That's absolutely unacceptable.

I called at 1:01am and he came at 1:52am...

And HE was ****ing about dispatch.. So I know it's not him who didn't want the tip... It's ****ing dispatch...

Car: 19 Just in case I forget it, I'm going to call them in the morning to complain.

Just was reading a story about some messed up stuff going on in Thailand in regards to a law about criticizing the royal family there (http://the-diplomat.com/2012/02/14/thailands-human-rights-crisis/). The thing that stood out to me (upon further research) is that the King of Thailand has been in power since...1946 Damn long time. I didn't even know there was a king of Thailand. I guess he took over when he was 18.

The king before him, the current kings brother, took over when he was just 9 years old. Then he was shot and died when he was 20. To this day nobody knows wtf happened. If he shot himself or if he was murdered. One of the leading theories is that the current king took out his own brother so he could become king. Interesting stuff.

We need a "Today I Learned" thread (like reddit has)

Archived