Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

How can anyone even see anything in here? Only reason I can post is because I am doing so from the first page. I may get a response to this, but I won't be able to see it. :ols:

I'm jumping to page 1080 from the first page (haha this is just to mess with you because you'll have a quote notification)

It would just kind of suck not to be able to share any sports events or anything. Couldn't go see a basketball game or football game together.

Perhaps you can just have guy time ?

I watch the games on Sundays with my wife's Brother and Dad. The ladies all go out shopping.

My lady loves going to games (any sport) , and watches some of the late games.

She likes watching and cheering (former cheerleader) just enough. But likes that it gives her some girl time with her mom and sometimes her aunt, even more I think.

Us guys get to hang out and talk trash and stuff they dont really pay attention to as closely (mom and aunt don't watch any sports really) and relax too.

---------- Post added February-16th-2012 at 02:20 AM ----------

I'm jumping to page 1080 from the first page (haha this is just to mess with you because you'll have a quote notification)

I got to the last page and just left open a new window for this thread. I hit refresh and ...so far so good.

Weird, now it is working fine, and the last page is actually the last page. Before it showed 2879 as being the last page, but the last page was really somewhere in the 2700s.

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-fi-app-privacy-20120216,0,5749675.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fnews+%28L.A.+Times+-+Top+News%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

The latest privacy concerns emerged as online services dig deeper into users' habits, including where they go, which websites they visit and what they read and watch online. Analysts say these firms are now building large databases of personal contact information that can help them expand the reach of their services — and eventually leverage that private information into advertising dollars.

The mining of personal contacts lists came to light last week after an iPhone developer in Singapore discovered that an iPhone app called Path was downloading iPhone users' entire address book without alerting them. After the developer, Arun Thampi, posted his finding on his blog, Path quickly issued an apology and said it would stop the practice.

In the wake of Path's apology, other popular social media app companies acknowledged that they too retrieved users' address books. Social networking services Twitter, FourSquare, Instagram and FoodSpotting all said they would update their services soon to make the process clearer to users.

I can't see ads. The companies can try to show me all the ads they want, I can't see them on Twitter or Facebook. So go ahead and mine all the **** you want

Great story from one of the counslers that works at the National Abilities Center here in town,(they bring their special needs kids and adults here to the rec center to exercise). Apparently this counsler was at the grocery store with one of the special needs adults,(who lives on his own for the most part). He was writing out a check for the purchase and asked the cashier how to spell 20. A young guy behind them looked at his friend and said "Oh great. A ****ing retard." Now the counsler held her breath and counted to 30 while the special needs adult finished writing the check. After completing that,he took a step towards the young men behind them and said " **** you. I'm not a retard I have Down's Syndrome." Kid immediately shrank and people in the area gave the adult a round of applause. Not exactly appropriate,but fitting I think. :) Thought that was a great story. :)

I dated guys who didn't like sports as much as I do. It sucked. I don't know how guys who love sports date girls who don't.

Yeah, plus after awhile the girl will probably get tired of me going to VCU games or Redskin games. It seems like it would causes issues. I'd much rather be with a girl who would be up for going a Skins game or VCU game(Even if she didn't go) then get the eye roll.

Archived